Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY

• 169 replies

Moose

Re: Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2015, 10:44:36 PM »
From the little highlights I've seen of him he seems like he needs a kick in the ass sometimes and plays smoother when he's aggressive as opposed to awkwardness when he's seems to coast?

I will definitely check him out at Stepinac this year as its so close.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »
According to his twitter, he was on campus yesterday. He posted a picture of himself hanging out with the legend, Lou Carnesecca.

Interesting that he canceled his Maryland trip and shows up at St. John's.

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
According to his twitter, he was on campus yesterday. He posted a picture of himself hanging out with the legend, Lou Carnesecca.

Interesting that he canceled his Maryland trip and shows up at St. John's.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jordan-tucker-visits-st-johns-again-says-red-storm-is-recruiting-him-hard/

paultzman

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »
@Josh_Stirn: Top-35 recruit Jordan Tucker says Maryland and St. John's are recruiting him the hardest. https://t.co/IoUhSxGswJ https://t.co/uaiQTazvW7

paultzman

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2015, 11:02:41 PM »
Junior - Jordan Tucker 23 Pts, 20 Rebs. Sophomore - Aundre Hyatt - 20 Pts,15 Rebs, 4 Blocks. Jorden Means - 12 Pts,7 Rebs in the win!

Stepinac Basketball tweet

paultzman

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2015, 10:17:28 PM »
Jordan Tucker has 31 of his teams 37 points. But he's also taken about 75% of his teams shots. #sjubb via Theo tweet

Ended up with 38 points

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:22:28 PM by paultzman »

Johnny23

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
Kid's a physical, athletic combo forward with a great body to grow into. Definitely a high major forward and top 50 recruit. Glad to see we are all over him.

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »
Fun game to be at tonight. Matt A was in attendance, as was Ricky Torres.

I've followed Jordan since he was a freshman (he's from White Plains, went to WPHS as a freshmen and I used to work for the basketball team before he played so I know his situation pretty well). He is a pretty terrific talent. He has gotten stronger and definitely plays with more of a chip on his shoulder as he's gotten older. I believe he finished with 38 and 15 tonight. When he was in the game I am confident in saying he took about 60% or so of his teams shots. It was the Jordan Tucker Show. He's a great shooter spotting up and off the bounce and he's gotten better at playing through contact at the rim, although he can be a bit theatrical and flop around even with the slightest contact. He seems to be a bit disconnected from the team-oriented aspect of the game at this point. When he left the game in foul trouble, his team was down 20 or so. Stepinac then came back to cut the lead to 7, Jordan came back in and St Rays ended up winning by 11. The +/- numbers weren't in his favor, but I think it's obvious that without him for a full game the likelihood is that Stepinac would've gotten their doors blown off. I will just leave it at that he needs to improve being a bit more engaged with the team oriented aspect of things. He can also improve on bodying up more defensively and being more active on the glass.

No doubt he's an incredible talent worthy of a top 30 or so ranking in his class. If we were to compare him to Wilson I would say that Tucker is more "college-ready" skill and body wise right now, but Wilson seems to play within the flow of a team offense and may have a few more of the intangibles (I'll write a bit more about Wilson on his thread)
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

paultzman

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2015, 06:14:15 PM »

Gumby

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2015, 09:47:04 PM »
I know many of us had reservations about having the cream of the 2017 crop at today's game, but wow.  Coach hit a home run with the win and with the recruits in attendance.

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »
I afraid of Kentucky waiting in the wings and I never will count out Ed Cooley

paultzman

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
Zach B tweeted:
Busy day for #sjubb. Hosting Thon Maker and catching up with Jordan Tucker.

Wods317

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2016, 09:28:04 PM »
Zach B tweeted:
Busy day for #sjubb. Hosting Thon Maker and catching up with Jordan Tucker.

No day off for this staff, love it.

paultzman

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »
Jordan Tucker has been hearing more from Michigan & Kentucky. Will visit St.John's on 1/31 and Maryland on 2/17
@ASlater247

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 01:44:11 PM »
Great... he can see us get a beatdown against Nova at the Garden....   

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:47:29 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
Great... he can see us get a beatdown against Nova at the Garden....   

And who wouldn't want to be a part of that!  ???

MCNPA

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
Can't help but get the feeling that we are in really good shape with this kid.  Another top 40 talent with nice upside.