Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI - ST. JOHN'S

• 83 replies

paultzman

Re: Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »

Zach Braziller – Verified account ‏@NYPost_Brazille

Boubacar Diakite on commitment to #sjubb: "That's my home [school], that's my city. I needed to help them if I could."

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »
This is really really good. From my limited reading seems like a strong player and the commitment comes at a great time following the whole slice fallout. Shows the staff has remained focused.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »

Zach Braziller – Verified account ‏@NYPost_Brazille

Boubacar Diakite on commitment to #sjubb: "That's my home [school], that's my city. I needed to help them if I could."

Perfectly stated.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »
Ranked 69 in the class

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 05:07:33 PM »
Zach B
Also hard Villanova was starting to make a move on Boubacar Diakite. #sjubb

Re: Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 08:45:31 AM »
This is the best recruiting news for a kid 2 years away I can remember. Great job guys

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 09:58:53 AM »
Is it me or is this board not as excited about this commit as it should be?  Is it because folks are upset about Slice and are reluctant to tip their hats to a Matt recruit so soon?  I'm upset about Slice as well, but this seems like a really good start for 2018.  Thoughts?

Foad

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 10:47:27 AM »
Is it me or is this board not as excited about this commit as it should be?  Is it because folks are upset about Slice and are reluctant to tip their hats to a Matt recruit so soon?  I'm upset about Slice as well, but this seems like a really good start for 2018.  Thoughts?

I came twice, I just didn't want to brag.

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 10:58:20 AM »

Just nature of business but a verbal like this for two years away does not always come to fruition.

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:25 AM »
Of the Yakwe mold...

https://youtu.be/NKRZti6Et94
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
I think it's awesome news and I, for one, can't remember good news this early before. As excited as I am by the news, apparently I'm not even close to as excited as Foad

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 11:42:32 AM »
Zach B

Makes sense...he seems like a Bridges type more than another Yakwe.

Wods317

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 12:11:15 PM »

Im thrilled with this local 4 start recruit popping two years early is awesome. I know some kids commit early and never sign but this kid is local, knows the staff and is close friends with Yakwe. I don't see him going anywhere else and I will be pumped to see him in a couple years.

Johnny23

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 12:20:03 PM »
A lot more W's over the next few seasons will make me feel a lot better about this signing. On paper, he's a big time get.

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
Zach B

Makes sense...he seems like a Bridges type more than another Yakwe.

Love Bridge's game. I'll take that

MCNPA

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 01:42:09 PM »
I guess the Elite Camp was worth it. 6'8 is an extremely generous estimate.
Hopefully he can be a package deal with his 2018 teammate Mamadou Doucour and any # of their PSA Cardinal teammates.

Even if he's not 6'8", he's young and had plenty of growing to do.  Kid is a big pickup for us.  Staff needs to continue to lock down local talent like they have been and we will be very competitive in years coming.

Tha Kid

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 03:14:27 PM »

Just nature of business but a verbal like this for two years away does not always come to fruition.

Agreed - but fact is I cant recall an early verbal like this for us in a long time, so the fact that someone is willing to commit to us this early is a positive and can have a positive effect on recruiting even if a year from now things change.

college basketball is also not quite as cutthroat as college football with these kinds of early commits and people staying away, and he's local so we can keep showing the love easily.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 04:39:03 PM »
It's you.

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2016, 04:59:53 PM »
He is rank 69 in the class.

People like Fordham 96 loves Slice so much that if you give credit to Matt he will tear you apart get over it follow Slice in his next job.

Matt SJU grad doing an excellent job.

NYCoffey

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »
I'm not sure who brought the muzzle but whoever has it please give it to Scheppy.