collapse

Sponsor

* Welcome

 
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsor

* Please Register to View and Post

Thanks for visiting Johnny Jungle forums. St. John's 6th Man.

You must register for an account to see community's content. It's FREE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
1
In The Jungle... / Re: Mullin extension
« Last post by rdstr25 on Today at 06:59:49 AM »
I love how at sju it takes 6 years to figure out if a coach is the right hire.
2
In The Jungle... / Re: Mullin extension
« Last post by mullin85berry86 on Today at 03:57:34 AM »
I would say less than 1% of all the rumors that are thrown out there come true, but if the 1% is ponds leaving and this one falls in the 99% category, I would be ecstatic.

Would you want to be the AD that fires the face of the program?

I don't care if you're Riley, Daily, Popavich or whoever.
Your job as coach ids to make your  team better every year, if no ncaa appearance after year 6, then it's time to go bye bye.

Mullin was a great player here, ty for those fun times.
He took the job as head coach, he knows the job description as head coach is to get your team better every year and succeed.
I think 6 years is enough time to succeed.

Is 6 years really enough for us to be sure? Why not give him an even 10 years just to be sure?

He has a 6year contract, correct?
He isn't getting fired before his contract expires.
3
In The Jungle... / Re: Mullin extension
« Last post by Poison on Today at 01:15:32 AM »
I was done with Norm after we got our heads stomped in by Maryland.

It was clear that Norm had no clue how to do anything basketball related after year two. First year he deserved a pass, just like Mullin got. Still, apples to apples, Norm actually has had more success than Mullin. Shocking that itís not even close, but by all means letís fire someone on the staff that no one has ever heard of.
4
Love that they are dying in AAC. Will be interesting if Uconn Stamford becomes like UNC Charlotte in next few years
5
In The Jungle... / Re: Mullin extension
« Last post by newyorker2586 on Today at 01:09:04 AM »
I was done with Norm after we got our heads stomped in by Maryland.
6
In The Jungle... / Re: Mullin extension
« Last post by Poison on Today at 01:07:00 AM »
I would say less than 1% of all the rumors that are thrown out there come true, but if the 1% is ponds leaving and this one falls in the 99% category, I would be ecstatic.

Would you want to be the AD that fires the face of the program?

I don't care if you're Riley, Daily, Popavich or whoever.
Your job as coach ids to make your  team better every year, if no ncaa appearance after year 6, then it's time to go bye bye.

Mullin was a great player here, ty for those fun times.
He took the job as head coach, he knows the job description as head coach is to get your team better every year and succeed.
I think 6 years is enough time to succeed.

Is 6 years really enough for us to be sure? Why not give him an even 10 years just to be sure?
7
In The Jungle... / Re: Game 21: Creighton
« Last post by Poison on Today at 01:04:39 AM »
+4 in Vegas

Gave my tickets to a guy who is actually really excited to go to the game. Hope he is a good luck charm. Let's go Johnnies.

Doug McDermott?
8
Screw Sid Wilson and his loser dad. I fully support Mullin's decision on this one. Let him rot.
9
In The Jungle... / Re: Key cog in the piece of the puzzle
« Last post by carmineabbatiello on Today at 01:00:28 AM »
One thing this season has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that we'll all agree on is how valuable a player Marcus Lovett was to the St. John's basketball team.

I don't know it for a fact but I just know that it's true that the wheels wouldn't have completely come off of this years model if he was still playing.

There is no question the wheels wouldn't have come completely off if he played. I think that's less about him and more about our disgusting lack of guard depth though. I don't think the wheels would have come completely off if we had Alvarado or Bryce Aiken or Isaiah Washington.

I don't know who those 3 guys are but if they were all BE freshmen team and pre season all BE 2nd team players than I agree.
10
In The Jungle... / Re: Mullin extension
« Last post by thetruth8734 on Today at 12:58:34 AM »
If they extend Mullin I'm definitely not renewing season tickets. I can't even give my tickets away nowadays.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Support Johnny Jungle

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.