Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA

• 243 replies
Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA
« on: April 16, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »
Evidently SJU is  the latest the offer this stud. 

On the recruiting front, Brown listed offers from California, UCLA, Arizona and Kansas and said that St. John's was the most recent school to offer. He took multiple visits to Cal during his sophomore year and said that the Golden Bears have recruited him the hardest thus far.

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/adidas-gauntlet-five-star-brown-shows-out

Re: Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
Couple of days ago interview with Krysten Peek of Rivals and talks about recent offers including SJU and what he likes about them:

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/usa-basketball-five-star-jordan-brown-on-the-rise

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
Per Zack since June 15 he has heard from Arizona, SJU and Cal

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 03:03:54 PM »
Per Zack since June 15 he has heard from Arizona, SJU and Cal

it is Zach with an h and he re-tweeted Andrew Slater's information.  In other words Zach B did not "say" anything.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 03:12:22 PM »
At least I try to quote somebody not like you where you make everybody think you have some inside information from somebody inside the program.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »
At least I try to quote somebody not like you where you make everybody think you have some inside information from somebody inside the program.

Right keep telling yourself that.

After you repeat it 10 times it becomes fact, before that it is just fiction.  But I certainly like how you "try."

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »
Yeah I am sure Chris has you on speed dial and maybe Louie to.

Just for your information I was personal friend with the most under rated recruiter of all time at SJU Ronnie Rutledge.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 10:32:25 PM »
Yeah I am sure Chris has you on speed dial and maybe Louie to.

Just for your information I was personal friend with the most under rated recruiter of all time at SJU Ronnie Rutledge.

Lucky guy. He and I were only impersonal friends.

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 02:13:42 PM »
Per Andy Slater Mullin, St Jean and Mitch in Cali to see Brown.

Btw with Mitch on the road does this mean he is now officially the 3rd assistant?

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »

Btw with Mitch on the road does this mean he is now officially the 3rd assistant?
Don't think so. When you are down a recruiting assistant you can designate a temporary replacement. Besides when have you known St. John's to be less than forthcoming?

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 02:38:32 PM »

Don't think so. When you are down a recruiting assistant you can designate a temporary replacement. Besides when have you known St. John's to be less than forthcoming?

I know that but were 3 weeks into September and Richmond has been rumored for months to be the replacement I don't think this is a coincidence.

Remember Matic was the 3rd assistant on the road in July, but now it is the guy rumored to be in line for the job.

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »

Just the other day I reard a man say Mission Bell wine is just fine

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 04:23:43 PM »
Brown (Zach), Brown (Moses) and Brown (Jordan).

Nice law firm.

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »
Still listing SJU as one of the schools coming hardest.  In fact lists them first.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1787937-top-15-2018-pf-jordan-brown-remains-open

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 09:43:54 PM »
From the article:

While the five-star prospect’s recruitment remains extremely open, Dion said there are several programs which have been in constant contact.
“Not in any order but I would say St. John's, Oregon, Kansas, Arizona, UCLA, Cal, Nevada and Gonzaga have been most involved,” Brown said.

Wods317

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 10:34:22 PM »
From the article:

While the five-star prospect’s recruitment remains extremely open, Dion said there are several programs which have been in constant contact.
“Not in any order but I would say St. John's, Oregon, Kansas, Arizona, UCLA, Cal, Nevada and Gonzaga have been most involved,” Brown said.

Seems like an extremely tough get being a 5 star kid from out west but hey he mentioned us which is always good

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:36 PM »
The staff must feel they have a legit shot with Brown.

Adam Zagoria‏Verified account
@AdamZagoria
.@StJohnsBBall now going 3 deep for 2018 California PF Jordan Brown

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
For the life of me, I can't figure out why Jordan Brown doesn't get talked about a bit more. He's big, he's athletic, he has some nice skill and he's usually pretty productive. On Thursday, he went for 33 points and 17 rebounds against LaMelo Ball (38 points, 10 rebounds, nine assists) and the Big Ballers in a high scoring loss by his Play Hard Play Smart Squad.

Maybe I'm just on an island, but Brown continues to look to me like a potentially big-time player at the college level and beyond.

Brown and his family have kept the recruiting process mostly quiet, but California is working hard to keep him close to home, Gonzaga is trying to make a run, St. John's is watching very closely and many others like Arizona, UCLA, Oregon and Nevada have some involvement.

Perhaps the buzz on Brown will pickup throughout the week, perhaps it won't. Either way, he's not the forgotten man in 2018 to those paying attention.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-takeaways-thursday-in-vegas