Derrick Walker, PF, MOKAN Elite, Ks. - TENNESSEE

• 178 replies

paultzman

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:33:31 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Derrick Walker, PF, MOKAN Elite, Ks.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
Seems like he is favoring Tennessee.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 01:29:12 PM »
sheppy, most of them want PT. Has he seen our front line?  There is plenty of playing time to be had here for any big body rebounder/defender with any post presence.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 01:33:43 PM »
Don't forget Clark is going to be playing next year - tough player has to be playing for Michigan State.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »
Don't forget Clark is going to be playing next year - tough player has to be playing for Michigan State.

But he left Michigan St. Hope he is the goods

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »
You are talking about MSU - which was ranked what 5 last year - he was injured and still played about 10 minutes a game.
They had what a top five recruiting class - figured his playing time would be less.
Look at the guy that played at Gonzaga last year who started originally at Kentucky - didn't get no run there went to Gonzaga and became one of there stars .
Why cant Clark average 10 points a game for SJU.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 02:05:42 PM »
You are talking about MSU - which was ranked what 5 last year - he was injured and still played about 10 minutes a game.
They had what a top five recruiting class - figured his playing time would be less.
Look at the guy that played at Gonzaga last year who started originally at Kentucky - didn't get no run there went to Gonzaga and became one of there stars .
Why cant Clark average 10 points a game for SJU.

That's what I'm saying. He was recruited over at Michigan St, which isn't your typical IZzo team this year. I don't think they are that good, minus 2 or 3 players. Like I said, hope he is the goods. We need him to be. Ive never seen him play

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 09:52:27 PM »
Planning on visiting SJU "unofficially" after he uses his last official visit on Tennessee.

Derrick Walker, a three-star power forward, is the newest St. John’s target for assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih. St. John’s offered him a few weeks ago, and they made a trip to see him recently as well. “It was really good,” he said of their meeting. “We sat down and talked about campus and stuff like that.”

St. John’s is certainly an option for Walker. Not only does he fit that style of play, but he also likes a few other things about St. John’s as well. “They have Chris Mullin, who is a great coach, and he played on the best team you could possibly play on (The 1992 Dream Team),” Walker said. “That’s a good coach to play for, especially good knowing he has that much history. Also, Marvin Clark is from Kansas City. He played with MoKan, he’s a part of the Mokan family and we’re really close. It’s also in New York, which is a great city.”

Because he speaks so highly of St. John’s, he does plan to take a visit to see campus but he has one more visit ahead of the Johnnies. “I’m going to take my last official visit to Tennessee pretty soon,” he said. “I plan on doing an unofficial to St. John’s. It’s kind of up in the air right now. I’m not really sure [when] yet.”

https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/johnnies-want-walker-in-red
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:52:46 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »

MCNPA

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »
Important visit for us.  The fact that he's friends wit Clark can certainly help us.  Clark is really a wing, so shouldn't be an issue in terms of competition.  Fingers crossed here.  We desperately need interior help, and this kid looks good down low.  Add Zach Brown at center and our team makeup changes a lot entering next year.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
He sounds like a solid player down the line,  but he's not the answer for next season.

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »
He sounds like a solid player down the line,  but he's not the answer for next season.

Gimme a Ty Grant-type and I'm fine with that.  Somebody who does dirty work.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 03:13:14 PM »

I'm fine with it too, but he's a 5-7 mpg player next year.

MCNPA

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 03:56:59 PM »

I'm fine with it too, but he's a 5-7 mpg player next year.

How many mpg did Ty get? I'm not even sure and couldn't find it.   Ty never out up huge numbers, but got it done down low.   I don't know what Walker would give us exactly, but it seems he's gotten better and gotten much better offers now.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:58:39 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 08:50:46 PM »
Per Zach -

St John's has rescheduled Derrick Walker visit for later in month with weather concerns in Midwest per source #sjubb

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »
Per Zach
Derrick Walker will now visit St. John's for the Xavier home game on Jan. 29. Expected to be a big visitor day. #sjubb

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »
Per Zach
Derrick Walker will now visit St. John's for the Xavier home game on Jan. 29. Expected to be a big visitor day. #sjubb
Good now we can relax and get blown out by Nova. Gives us time to gear up for Xavier for the big day.

Wods317

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »
Does Walker have some beef? Also have seen him listed from 6'7-6'9. If he is 6'9 with a little beef and can play 10-15 minutes a game next year that would be a big plus if we are able to land him.

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 05:05:20 PM »
Per Zach B
St. John's is recruiting power forward Derrick Walker of Kansas, who visits at end of month, and will explore grad transfer market. #sjubb

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »
From what I heard I think he likely ends up at SJU,