ras

Re: 17-18 Starting 5
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »
Shamarie Ponds
Justin Simon
Bashir Ahmed
Marvin Clark
Tariq Owens

Why don't you just come out and start a that you (incorrectly) thinkLovett will transfer instead of posting in dog whistle.

You are like the poltergeist that grows as it feeds on fear and attention.

Unfortunately I have heard the Lovett rumor by much more reliable / soberer posters than Bluto
Hope not true and even if it is Lovett seems to have habit of changing his mind so who knows. Would not surprise me if he left, hope he stays.

This is like an identical replay of Harrison. Baldi flies off the coach's bandwagon and starts rampantly posting transfer and quitting rumors. You attempt to validate his rumor with better information....

You and Baldi have this good cop bad cop down. It's a shame you guys don't
have a radio show. Scotch could have been your Artie Lange and Scheppy could have been your Beetlejuice.
The reason I believe the rumor maybe true is because the S.FL kid is visiting. He wouldn't be considering us if everyone returns IMO. Who knows, maybe Mussini is leaving and this kid replaces him. That would make Fun happy. But ,I doubt it.  On the other hand. Why should Lovett make a decision now instead of waiting till the end of the year. And how does the staff know what he is thinking, unless he flat out told them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:15:04 PM by ras »

SJU79

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2016, 06:33:47 PM »
The USF kid is visiting because he is an extremely talented player and scorer who has done it vs a high level of competition and bad teams such as SJU are  in no position to say no to the addition of talent irrespective of position.
As for Lovett yes their are 100% rumblings that he plans on leaving as soon as the season ends. This is just a fact and those around the program know it. Now.....this kid is a decent kid with a TON of people in his ear(please notice I avoided the P word....dont want to upset Lebron and Maverick) so I think the staff believes they can convince him to stay and the alternatives are not attractive or beneficial. We shall see....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:34:48 PM by SJU79 »

goredmen

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2016, 07:06:50 PM »
The USF kid is visiting because he is an extremely talented player and scorer who has done it vs a high level of competition and bad teams such as SJU are  in no position to say no to the addition of talent irrespective of position.
As for Lovett yes their are 100% rumblings that he plans on leaving as soon as the season ends. This is just a fact and those around the program know it. Now.....this kid is a decent kid with a TON of people in his ear(please notice I avoided the P word....dont want to upset Lebron and Maverick) so I think the staff believes they can convince him to stay and the alternatives are not attractive or beneficial. We shall see....

Thanks for the insight. My whole thing regarding McMurray is not why is the staff interested in him but rather why is he interested in us. The staff should always take measures to bring in good players, which McMurray is, but why would he be interested in joining this backcourt logjam, unless he was told that there won't be this much of a logjam next season

cjfish

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 07:13:55 PM »
Lovett is staying, buddy thing with Ponds.  Lovett, Ponds, Clark, Brown, Ahmed.  Lots of rotation, particularly Yakwe, Freud, simon, Ellison and Mussini only  being spotted.  I think Ellison is the most likely transfer as he could easily be behind Simon.  Freud will get more play than Yakwe as he develops.  Great depth.....Owens will split center spot with Brown. (buy Owens some Pizza)  If Yakwe doesn't improve he may be the odd man out on the front line. If things go well a pressing, aggressive teams is possible since the minutes, except for Ponds, will be spread around.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »
Lovett is staying, buddy thing with Ponds.  Lovett, Ponds, Clark, Brown, Ahmed.  Lots of rotation, particularly Yakwe, Freud, simon, Ellison and Mussini only  being spotted.  I think Ellison is the most likely transfer as he could easily be behind Simon.  Freud will get more play than Yakwe as he develops.  Great depth.....Owens will split center spot with Brown. (buy Owens some Pizza)  If Yakwe doesn't improve he may be the odd man out on the front line. If things go well a pressing, aggressive teams is possible since the minutes, except for Ponds, will be spread around.

Let's hope your are right. That's a bubble team imo
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:01:12 PM by Marco Baldi »

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »

Thanks for the insight. My whole thing regarding McMurray is not why is the staff interested in him but rather why is he interested in us. The staff should always take measures to bring in good players, which McMurray is, but why would he be interested in joining this backcourt logjam, unless he was told that there won't be this much of a logjam next season

Does him playing AAU with Clark and going to the same high school as Derrick Walker and Marvin Clark not answer that for you? Why would a kid that can score 20 pppg be scared of anyone on a losing team? That is the kind of mentality we want in a player, no? He sees himself
As "Baby Steph Curry" because of his shooting ability...I don't think he'd mind a role that lets him shoot and score off the ball ala Curry at Davidson.

goredmen

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 08:54:49 PM »

Does him playing AAU with Clark and going to the same high school as Derrick Walker and Marvin Clark not answer that for you? Why would a kid that can score 20 pppg be scared of anyone on a losing team? That is the kind of mentality we want in a player, no? He sees himself
As "Baby Steph Curry" because of his shooting ability...I don't think he'd mind a role that lets him shoot and score off the ball ala Curry at Davidson.

I'm sure he has a ton of "handlers" advising him along the way. They are going to advise him to go somewhere where he'd be guaranteed to get as many minutes and shots as he was getting at USF. If Lovett, Ponds and Simon are here next year, he wouldn't

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 09:36:18 PM »

I'm sure he has a ton of "handlers" advising him along the way. They are going to advise him to go somewhere where he'd be guaranteed to get as many minutes and shots as he was getting at USF. If Lovett, Ponds and Simon are here next year, he wouldn't

Not only the possibility of reuniting with the guys Marillac mentioned, as well, as playing for--NBA legends--Mullin and Richmond also piques his interest.

Let's hope your are right. That's a bubble team imo

It should easily be a "bubble team," IMO.

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 09:53:51 PM »
Lovett
Ponds
Simon
Ahmed
Clark

PLEASE
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:51 AM »
Lovett
Ponds
Simon
Ahmed
Clark

PLEASE

Too small if you want those guys starting together. Yakwe or Owens would have to start over someone.

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »
Lovett
Ponds
Simon
Ahmed
Clark

PLEASE

Too small if you want those guys starting together. Yakwe or Owens would have to start over someone.

Not any smaller than lineupes weve used this year. Clark is same size as yakwe. Simon is same size as ellison.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »
Does no one think Brown will be a starter? Or does no one think he'll make it to campus? Or is he different class?

Wods317

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
Does no one think Brown will be a starter? Or does no one think he'll make it to campus? Or is he different class?

Doubtful he will be eligible according to most.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:39:44 PM by Wods317 »

desco80

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2016, 10:19:45 PM »

I haven't given up hope Boo.  I think him and Owens will split Center minutes for us pretty evenly.

ras

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2016, 10:45:02 PM »
Have to have him and / or Walker or a JC big. Big need for us to break out next year.

desco80

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 11:03:15 PM »
Who is Walker?

Poison

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2016, 11:50:17 PM »
Shamarie Ponds
Justin Simon
Bashir Ahmed
Marvin Clark
Tariq Owens

I like it

I'm not sure about the others, but I think Ponds will start.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 12:02:30 AM »
Lovett
Ponds
Simon
Ahmed
Clark

PLEASE

It's not a question of height. If you're a strong 6'5 forward and you always think to box out, you're more valuable than a clueless Sima type who constantly takes plays off.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:03:07 AM by Poison »

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 03:46:49 PM »
Assuming the key players don't leave next year and Brown comes and can actually play as advertised, we will be a Pointer or Postell player away from making a serious run. We need someone who is a glue guy and can help shut down the opposite teams top scoring guard. I'm hoping someone will develop into that.

ras

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 07:25:51 PM »
Who is Walker?
See recruiting section.