Year 3...

• 32 replies

Foad

Re: Year 3...
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 08:39:23 PM »
Um

You should stick to grunting, it's when you're at your most eloquent.

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 04:02:01 PM »
Think we are in good shape. Word on the street Lovett leaning towards coming back

This is the kiss of death.
Book it, he is gone! Was thinking that based of his lackluster play last 3 games but now that Bluto claiming he is back I would bet the ranch he is gone.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:06:04 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
Think we are in good shape. Word on the street Lovett leaning towards coming back

This is the kiss of death.
Book it, he is gone! Was thinking that based of his lackluster play last 3 games but now that Bluto claiming he is back I would bet the ranch he is gone.

Hahha we can finish in the bottom 3 with or without him.

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 04:23:04 PM »
Foe everyone speculating on Lovett, I hope he comes back. However, if he doesn't, we have a player with the last name Simon who was recruited by some big time programs. I'm told his game is nothing to slouch at. Therefore, we should be in good shape in the backcourt. It's the front court that worries me.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »
Foe everyone speculating on Lovett, I hope he comes back. However, if he doesn't, we have a player with the last name Simon who was recruited by some big time programs. I'm told his game is nothing to slouch at. Therefore, we should be in good shape in the backcourt. It's the front court that worries me.
I never slouch at any player's game.  ;)

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »
Would be a sad, sad ginormous loss if he left.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 06:36:25 AM »
Both LoVett and Ponds were unanimous All-Freshmen team picks, along with Baldwin and Patton. LoVett and Ponds basically carried the team this year, playing far better than anyone could have expected for freshmen.  Yes, there are things that both can improve at, but they were freshmen thrust into starring roles for a very flawed team in the Big East. You get better by keeping your best players, adding more good players, and having everyone mature and improve.

We need both LoVett and Ponds next season, along with Simon and Clark--I expect that Clark's character and toughness will be a huge addition-- and whatever grad transfer(s) we can add.  In addition, Owens, Yakwe, and Williams need to improve and get stronger, Freudenberg has to look as though he can contribute on a Big East team, and everyone else who returns has to be better and play harder more consistently.  Competition for playing time is a good thing, and it's fine for a team to have role players that fill a need, like a Mussini.

In year 3, we move to the top four in the Big East and are an NCAA bubble team.

Tha Kid

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »
Both LoVett and Ponds were unanimous All-Freshmen team picks, along with Baldwin and Patton. LoVett and Ponds basically carried the team this year, playing far better than anyone could have expected for freshmen.  Yes, there are things that both can improve at, but they were freshmen thrust into starring roles for a very flawed team in the Big East. You get better by keeping your best players, adding more good players, and having everyone mature and improve.

We need both LoVett and Ponds next season, along with Simon and Clark--I expect that Clark's character and toughness will be a huge addition-- and whatever grad transfer(s) we can add.  In addition, Owens, Yakwe, and Williams need to improve and get stronger, Freudenberg has to look as though he can contribute on a Big East team, and everyone else who returns has to be better and play harder more consistently.  Competition for playing time is a good thing, and it's fine for a team to have role players that fill a need, like a Mussini.

If we are top four I sure hope we aren't a bubble team.  We need the big east to be big time which means top 4 need to be locks by this point in season with bubble teams 5-7. Due to injury this year we have a larger amount currently on right side of bubble but in future big east fourth needs to be a lock at this point.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 09:48:51 AM »

If we are top four I sure hope we aren't a bubble team.  We need the big east to be big time which means top 4 need to be locks by this point in season with bubble teams 5-7. Due to injury this year we have a larger amount currently on right side of bubble but in future big east fourth needs to be a lock at this point.

Based on his indifferent play, vibe I am getting from a couple people who seem to know people, the fact that I like him and we are better with him and the fact that I always bet on the opposite of what Baldi says I bet Lovett is gone.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:49:31 AM by we are sju »

wpc77

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »
Need to see improvement in defensive play so as to create sustained success.  Need big commitments for the 2018 class.  Laying a giant turd against providence in front of many of those hoped for commitments was not helpful.  If our goal is for Mullin to catapult this program into a perennial NCAA team, then we need the growth that similar coaches have faced when rebuilding at similar Catholic universities (i.e., those where cheating is limited) after inheriting a mediocre or awful roster. 

Wright
year 1: 19-13; very good recruiting class
year 2: 15-16
year 3: 18-17; very good recruiting class
thereafter: NCAA appearances in 10 of 11 seasons (so far)

JT II
year 1: 12-14
year 2: 13-13
year 3: 18-10
thereafter: NCAA appearances in 19 of 24 seasons

Digger Phelps
year 1: 6-20; very good recruiting class
year 2: 18-12
thereafter: NCAA appearances in 14 of 18 seasons

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 09:57:53 AM »

Based on his indifferent play, vibe I am getting from a couple people who seem to know people, the fact that I like him and we are better with him and the fact that I always bet on the opposite of what Baldi says I bet Lovett is gone.

Stop trolling the board

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »

Stop trolling the board

Ok Pot

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 12:56:28 PM »
Time to start thinking ahead:

1)Year 3 means to get to double digit league wins and get at least on the bubble if not in the NCAA's.

2)Year 4 means do as well if not better than year 3 meaning definitely be a top 4 BE team and a NCAA lock and if not yet ready to topple Villanova then the next year...

3)Year 5 be ready to challenge Villanova for BE supremacy