BET Game 1: Georgetown

• 116 replies
Re: BET Game 1: Georgetown
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »
Good boards by Ahmed. Great second half by Ellison...he was hungry today and looked like a different player because of it. Darien was big time as well.

That corner jumper was huge by Williams

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2017, 09:39:13 PM »
Mullin now has more BET wins than Lavin

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2017, 09:42:59 PM »
Every time I'm ready to give up on Ellison he has a game like this.

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2017, 09:43:11 PM »
Mullin now has more BET wins than Lavin

Lavin beat Rutgers in his first year.

cjfish

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »
Best defensive effort of the year.....good energy and good hustle.....defense got this one, offense only average

goredmen

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2017, 10:07:39 PM »
Figured we start talking abut this game so we don't have to talk about Iona anymore.

Georgetown has lost 5 in a row and 7 of 8 since temporarily sneaking their way back on to the bubble picture.

On the flip side we haven't won a BET game since the 2011 2 point win over Rutgers.

Something's gotta give.

SJU: 73
Gtown: 72

Damn, I was off by one point each

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »
Nice win. Let's try to keep it close tomorrow.

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »
Great win. Ellison looked like Dom Pointer out there. We stepped up our defense, and fought harder for loose balls than we normally do.

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »
Figured we start talking abut this game so we don't have to talk about Iona anymore.

Georgetown has lost 5 in a row and 7 of 8 since temporarily sneaking their way back on to the bubble picture.

On the flip side we haven't won a BET game since the 2011 2 point win over Rutgers.

Something's gotta give.

Good job. What ya got tomorrow

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »

Something's gotta give.

Yeah way off, best for you to stay out of the prediction business.  ;)

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2017, 10:13:25 PM »
Great win. Ellison looked like Dom Pointer out there. We stepped up our defense, and fought harder for loose balls than we normally do.

+1

TONYD3

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
Best defensive effort of the year.....good energy and good hustle.....defense got this one, offense only average
Good energy the whole game. After the tech, the bench and crowd went nuts. Cmon coach the team feeds if you.

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »

If he could rebound like that every night...

goredmen

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2017, 10:17:37 PM »

Something's gotta give.

Good job. What ya got tomorrow

I started the Nova thread with my prediction  :-\
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:18:01 PM by goredmen »

desco80

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »
Maybe I had one too many beers, but at no point did I think Ellison was playing like Dom Pointer.

On the other hand I thought it was obvious we played much better with Owens on the floor.  Thought Mullin shoudlve used him more.

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »
Maybe I had one too many beers, but at no point did I think Ellison was playing like Dom Pointer.

On the other hand I thought it was obvious we played much better with Owens on the floor.  Thought Mullin shoudlve used him more.

11,8,6,3,1. sure looks like a Dom stat line to me.

The Ellison hate is honestly even more perplexing than when Phil Greene was under the microscope. Ellison shows great vision in the lane to find open teammates, rebounding ability, natural size, and continually developing defensive prowess. Yet he's the most picked on player. Simply don't get it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:46:35 PM by redstorm212 »

MCNPA

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2017, 10:46:54 PM »

Mullin used him right. Less fouls and impactful in the second half.  Owens is a very good player for us.  He's more of our 17' Dom Pointer than Ellison, even though Ellison had an awesome game.   Bottom line is I think Both have a ton of potential and just lack consistency.  Ellison has been maligned but won this game.  Let's come out big tomorrow.

redslope

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2017, 10:47:43 PM »
just back and glad to say that was one heck of a game.  For us old timers that was reminder of what SJ/Gtown was like in the 1980's when the BE was rising.  The physical nature of the game was what the BE was all about.  Hopefully this will carry over to next year's games and Gtown will become the Hated Hoyas to you young guys.  I am glad to see folks give Ellison a break tonight.  He played his heart out.  Actually everyone contributed except Lovett (at least he will be fresh for tomorrow. 

Amar is an old time player.  While he fouls people, they don't score a basket--he would have fit in with the games of the 1980's where there were NO easy lay ups.  The tech on him was BS.  Gtown did the same thing to Ellison earlier after he stole the ball an drove to the basket. 

Let's male tomorrow Dante's inferno where he is burned rather than what he has done to us in 2 games.

TONYD3

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
I have hated on Amar plenty. Good game today ! Kid was tough . No 3's! Which was also nice. Thought Williams was great

Marillac

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »

He didn't look a thing like Pointer, but  he played his best half at SJU. He went after
defensive rebounds hard and he even crashed the offensive glass a few times. One resulted in an over the back foul, but I'll take that all day. He also tried to fight over screens for the first time all
year  and  turned in his best defensive effort of the season. All I ask for out of him is effort.

Darien wreaks some havoc out there doesn't he? He gets his paws on a lot of stuff he shouldn't with his long arms and hustle. 2-3 deflections from him ended up in made baskets for us.

How did #42 not get a tech for his blatant two-hand shove of Amar into the stands? Crazy.