BET Game 2: Villanova

• 137 replies

Marillac

Re: BET Game 2: Villanova
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
Did you see the game last night? Ellison was incredible, fantastic, scintillating  and sensational.
Marco Baldi would have been against the #9 seed.

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
Did you see the game last night? Ellison was incredible, fantastic, scintillating  and sensational.
Marco Baldi would have been against the #9 seed.

Marco Baldi's squad won the 1992 city championship at Alumni Hall

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »
Time for a meanliness run

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2017, 01:20:33 PM »
Fun fact

All three of Divencenzos career highs have come against st John's. That is an absolute ridiculous star

19, 20 and 21
Can we trade a draft pick for him?

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »
Ponds last guy back on d. Rinse repeat

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
Again it will be a bit of a strange occurrence.  SJU would have won all 8 BE games they were competitive in including last night but their 12 losses were essentially blowouts for the most part.  For the most part they had little to no chance to win the 12 games they ultimately would lose.

Tha Kid

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »
Ponds last back on d. A liteam jog back

did shamorie piss in your cheerios?  You really like to criticize him...

Great offensive player. No effort on d

I don't particularly agree with a lot of things Baldi has to say, but he's on point here.  Ponds, as well as LoVett, are dynamite on the offensive end, but there are too many times they don't bring effort on defense.

Not evaluating his statement, but we have a young team who has lots of problems, and a big shining bright spot in the backcourt...odd that the only time I read baldi posting about ponds it is to criticize.  That's my point.  If he was the only guy playing lackadaisical D, that would be a different story.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2017, 01:22:57 PM »
Williams is going to hurt someone

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
Ponds last back on d. A liteam jog back

did shamorie piss in your cheerios?  You really like to criticize him...

Great offensive player. No effort on d

I don't particularly agree with a lot of things Baldi has to say, but he's on point here.  Ponds, as well as LoVett, are dynamite on the offensive end, but there are too many times they don't bring effort on defense.

Not evaluating his statement, but we have a young team who has lots of problems, and a big shining bright spot in the backcourt...odd that the only time I read baldi posting about ponds it is to criticize.  That's my point.  If he was the only guy playing lackadaisical D, that would be a different story.

Like.I said, great offensive player.

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »
Mullin should get a tech now.

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 01:25:01 PM »
Again it will be a bit of a strange occurrence.  SJU would have won all 8 BE games they were competitive in including last night but their 12 losses were essentially blowouts for the most part.  For the most part they had little to no chance to win the 12 games they ultimately would lose.
We would have had a chance to win most of them if we just had scored about 30 more points or given up about 30 less points.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:25:40 PM by Celtics11 »

TONYD3

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »
I see this as a huge negative. You don't seem to agree. Why?

Marillac

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2017, 01:30:32 PM »

The kid is the biggest gift this program has received this millennium and you want to put his game under a microscope?

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2017, 01:31:23 PM »
They better remember this when they play Nova next year. Complete embarrassment.

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2017, 01:31:43 PM »

The kid is the biggest gift this program has received this millennium and you want to put his game under a microscope?

Yup. His balls have been licked enough. Gotta play d in the Big East,  or you at best get a noon game on Thursday in March
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:32:08 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2017, 01:33:24 PM »

Not sure what you mean.  I noted this under the Providence game thread as something I expect to see change next year.  Meaning not only do I expect more wins I expect to see them play better and be more competitive in their losses.

Johnny23

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »
Just don't want them to give up 100 but that's highly doubtful.

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2017, 01:35:02 PM »
Great shot Ponds. Nice deep 3

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »
They better remember this when they play Nova next year. Complete embarrassment.
Yes remember about the last 18 games against them. Maybe we have been deluding ourselves on how much we have improved.

TONYD3

« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2017, 01:38:01 PM »

Not sure what you mean.  I noted this under the Providence game thread as something I expect to see change next year.  Meaning not only do I expect more wins I expect to see them play better and be more competitive in their losses.
This the 14th time that we have not been competive at all. What makes you think we will be better next year?