Chris Mullin vs everyone on Georgetown

• 17 replies
Chris Mullin vs everyone on Georgetown
« on: March 08, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »
I think this deserves it's own thread. Thoughts?

Personally it got me fired up.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

Re: Chris Mullin vs everyone on Georgetown
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:55:44 PM »
What happened? Didn't look like Amar did anything wrong, he got hip checked. Should have been a tech. What did Their coach do? Mullin got his team and the garden fired up. No question!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 10:56:47 PM »
What happened? Didn't look like Amar did anything wrong, he got hip checked. Should have been a tech. What did Their coach do? Mullin got his team and the garden fired up. No question!

I honestly thought the foul was pretty tame. Amar put his hand in the air indicating foul was on him and Georgetown player got up in his face.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:56:50 PM »
You weren't alone.  The crowd was already into it.  But it got them fired up even more.  I was at the game tonight with a crew, and it was an absolute electric atmosphere.  For those who mocked the 8/9 game, they should have been in attendance because that place in the second half had the energy of a Big East final and anyone who roots for St. John's would have had a good time if they were there.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:58:46 PM »
It was an intentional foul, but Peak's and Derrickson's reaction was a joke.  One of them should have been teed up for their reaction.  That created the problem.

I honestly thought the foul was pretty tame. Amar put his hand in the air indicating foul was on him and Georgetown player got up in his face.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 11:12:44 PM »
SJU wins, Mullin is fired up! Georgetown and Syracuse loses, and  Boheim wines in Brooklyn. Enjoyable day one.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 11:54:02 PM »

I loved it. Last year he would have watched from the scorers table but this year Mikey Like !

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 01:30:12 AM »
Shamorie has told me personally via press conference that I am responsible for the teams home victories. I am so happy that I was able to give you guys this win.

Gotta get to the games fellas if you can!

Wods317

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 01:35:31 AM »
You weren't alone.  The crowd was already into it.  But it got them fired up even more.  I was at the game tonight with a crew, and it was an absolute electric atmosphere.  For those who mocked the 8/9 game, they should have been in attendance because that place in the second half had the energy of a Big East final and anyone who roots for St. John's would have had a good time if they were there.

Was at the game with some friends. The atmosphere in the second half was awesome. Great game and loved that it was scrappy

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 06:20:05 AM »
First off, that was a BS flagrant call. How did the Hoya guy not get a T for pushing Alli three rows deep? Last but not least I thought it was awesome for Mullin to stick up for his guys like that. That was a typical Ewing move, start something and run away just like his old man. F the Hoyas.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »
Was a big spot to get a tech. Thank God they called the double technical or else it could have bit us in the arse.
Ike I said yesterday, I don't think Mullin is liked by other coaches

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 07:15:09 AM »
I'd take the kid from Brooklyn over the Ivy leaguer if it came down to it.

MCNPA

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 09:50:51 AM »
I thought it was great he showed fire.   SJU fans and players "needed it" I think.  Show we aren't going to be a doormat. 

cjfish

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 10:12:03 AM »
First off, that was a BS flagrant call. How did the Hoya guy not get a T for pushing Alli three rows deep? Last but not least I thought it was awesome for Mullin to stick up for his guys like that. That was a typical Ewing move, start something and run away just like his old man. F the Hoyas.

Completely agree.  Three Hoyas were involved in pushing Ali and there should have been techs issued.  Foul was intentional but so what, he sorta made a play on the ball and did it in a manner that would not physically harm the player.  Flagrants are issued too readily, pussification of the game.  Loved Mullin getting pissed, F the Hoyas and their tradition of thuggish play.  Nice control by Ali, only guy on the team who knows how to give a hard foul.  It was great to see the Hoyas go down, perhaps they will bag JTIII and get rid of the Thompson tradition.

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »

Agreed.  It was hardly a "hard" foul.

I like the intensity but at the same time it was a game pitting the #8 and #9 conference teams who are going nowhere significant this year.  I'll feel more into it when at least SJU if not both are really good again.  That is not a knock on Coach Mullin because he was just sticking up for his kids as was Georgetown but I personally can't get fired up knowing how ultimately little the game means.

Wods317

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 10:35:01 AM »
Was a big spot to get a tech. Thank God they called the double technical or else it could have bit us in the arse.

Good, lets create some rivalries here. I don't care if the whole league dislikes him.

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 10:41:02 AM »
Loved every moment of it, but in the 1980's Big East
this would have been just another day at the office.

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »

Good, lets create some rivalries here. I don't care if the whole league dislikes him.

Agreed.  Kinda why I think Ponds didn't win rookie of the year.  F em