LoVett

• 191 replies

Poison

Re: LoVett
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »
If LoVett can see how he measures up to other NBA prospects and then decide if he wants to stay out or return to school, I think he should.

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »
All I know is if LoVett leaves I will feel a heck of a lot better after Marillac announces that this is addition by subtraction.  ;) :)

goredmen

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 05:11:18 PM »
The NBA isn't even in the discussion for Lovett after this season. If he's leaving he's going straight to Europe. He won't even be invited to the combine.

People who want him to leave now if he will leave after next year anyway are nuts. Him staying would be a huge boost short term and long term. Aside from him being a really good player to have next year, If he stays one more year that gives the staff a chance to pick up a sit-out transfer PG or a PG in the 2018 class. If he leaves now they have to find a PG immediately unless the staff is comfortable with Simon being the full-time PG.

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 05:14:44 PM »
He represented the school well.  It's fool's gold to think some JUCO can replace him.  See Bashir...good but not Lovett.  I hope he stays.

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »
Maybe Braziller should ask Mussini if he's leaving. Wonder why he asked Lovett? Hmm

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
The NBA isn't even in the discussion for Lovett after this season. If he's leaving he's going straight to Europe. He won't even be invited to the combine.

People who want him to leave now if he will leave after next year anyway are nuts. Him staying would be a huge boost short term and long term. Aside from him being a really good player to have next year, If he stays one more year that gives the staff a chance to pick up a sit-out transfer PG or a PG in the 2018 class. If he leaves now they have to find a PG immediately unless the staff is comfortable with Simon being the full-time PG.

I doubt anyone want or hoping LoVett leaves, but what can you do if he does leave?  Nothing, other than find another viable option.  I hope he stays as most posters.

He represented the school well.  It's fool's gold to think some JUCO can replace him.  See Bashir...good but not Lovett.  I hope he stays.

I doubt anyone believes a JUCO can actually replace him, but it's an option.  Besides, you never know whether the JUCO can adequately replace him or not.  I also wouldn't base Ahmed's play on other JUCO's.

Again, I'm sure most would like for LoVett to stay, but you have no choice other than to move on if he does bolt.

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »

Wods317

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »
Maybe Braziller should ask Mussini if he's leaving. Wonder why he asked Lovett? Hmm

He obviously knew about this berforehnad bc he didn't ask Shamorie and they are basically at the same level but it seems like he knew Shamorie will return and Lovett maybe not so much.

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »

He obviously knew about this berforehnad bc he didn't ask Shamorie and they are basically at the same level but it seems like he knew Shamorie will return and Lovett maybe not so much.

Probably because he read it here. He should ask Mussini what his plans are

Marillac

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »
All I know is if LoVett leaves I will feel a heck of a lot better after Marillac announces that this is addition by subtraction.  ;) :)

If I could keep three current players it would be Ponds, Lovett, and Owens. If it's going to happen, though, just rip off the band-aid now so we can recover to make a run by 2018-19.

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »
As with all our players I wish Lovett well if he plans to leave. But I sure do hope he comes back next year.

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 08:08:28 PM »
Knowing we have Simon in the on-deck circle I'm fine if Marcus decides its best for him to go pro.  Of course, selfishly I want him to return. 

I really hope Baldi is not referring to Mussini as the other rotation player.  I like what he brings to the table offensively and think next year he gets a few more minutes. 

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »
Knowing we have Simon in the on-deck circle I'm fine if Marcus decides its best for him to go pro.  Of course, selfishly I want him to return. 

I really hope Baldi is not referring to Mussini as the other rotation player.  I like what he brings to the table offensively and think next year he gets a few more minutes. 

Hearing both Lovett and Mussini gone

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 10:49:51 PM »
http://nypost.com/2017/03/09/st-johns-super-freshman-marcus-lovett-might-go-pro/

This scoop posted here on the jungle weeks ago

This was pretty much stated before he played a game. Not exactly shocking news.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

redslope

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »

Rico will have a BBall job in Italy.

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 11:12:00 PM »

I don't think Mussini leaves.

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 11:31:35 PM »

Mussini too ? ugh I want him to stay

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 11:44:11 PM »

Mussini too ? ugh I want him to stay

This is Baldi. He's like a poltergeist...grows stronger with attention and fear.

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 11:45:32 PM »
If Lovett returns, Mussini leaving should not be a shock to anyone with Simon coming on board.  Where does Mussini get consistent minutes with Ponds, Lovett, Simon and Ellison.  Would love for him to stay, but with the ability to play in Italy and the potential for severely diminished minutes, I get it.