LoVett

• 191 replies
Re: LoVett
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 11:46:50 PM »
Knowing we have Simon in the on-deck circle I'm fine if Marcus decides its best for him to go pro.  Of course, selfishly I want him to return. 

I really hope Baldi is not referring to Mussini as the other rotation player.  I like what he brings to the table offensively and think next year he gets a few more minutes. 

Hearing both Lovett and Mussini gone
Mussini too ? ugh I want him to stay

This is Baldi. He's like a poltergeist...grows stronger with attention and fear.
lol but he has been right on some things

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:04 PM »
Lovett 's father's basketball training program posted this earlier today. Can't blame kid if trying to hook up NBA. 

Just hope the money is enough and sustainable more than a year or two.

WE WIN WEST

@WeWinWest

@NBADraft will make it's decision on @Marcus_LoVett...not our opinions of him as a student athlete...#sjubbpic.twitter.com/vZO5ETlVR2

12:03 PM - 9 Mar 2017

Marillac

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:20 PM »
If Lovett returns, Mussini leaving should not be a shock to anyone with Simon coming on board.  Where does Mussini get consistent minutes with Ponds, Lovett, Simon and Ellison.  Would love for him to stay, but with the ability to play in Italy and the potential for severely diminished minutes, I get it.

I think Mussini has really carved out a nice role as an energy guy and shooter off the bench the second half of this season and only projects to get better as an upperclassman. Simon is known as a defender and slasher, but his shot is well below average. Mussini figures to be an excellent complement to him and Ponds,  and he could really help space the floor for them to get to the basket. He's also a great teammate. I'd be very disappointed to see him go.

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 12:01:43 AM »
Lovett 's father's basketball training program posted this earlier today. Can't blame kid if trying to hook up NBA. 

WE WIN WEST

@WeWinWest

@NBADraft will make it's decision on @Marcus_LoVett...not our opinions of him as a student athlete...#sjubbpic.twitter.com/vZO5ETlVR2

If the NBA Draft was 4 rounds this year he wouldn't be drafted.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 12:04:43 AM »
If Lovett returns, Mussini leaving should not be a shock to anyone with Simon coming on board.  Where does Mussini get consistent minutes with Ponds, Lovett, Simon and Ellison.  Would love for him to stay, but with the ability to play in Italy and the potential for severely diminished minutes, I get it.

I think Mussini has really carved out a nice role as an energy guy and shooter off the bench the second half of this season and only projects to get better as an upperclassman. Simon is known as a defender and slasher, but his shot is well below average. Mussini figures to be an excellent complement to him and Ponds,  and he could really help space the floor for them to get to the basket. He's also a great teammate. I'd be very disappointed to see him go.

Echo this.

A solution for some minutes would be redshirt Ellison. I don't know if thats been entertained at all.

goredmen

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 12:09:10 AM »

Echo this.

A solution for some minutes would be redshirt Ellison. I don't know if thats been entertained at all.

Why would Ellison be cool with that?

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 12:11:27 AM »
Knowing we have Simon in the on-deck circle I'm fine if Marcus decides its best for him to go pro.  Of course, selfishly I want him to return. 

I really hope Baldi is not referring to Mussini as the other rotation player.  I like what he brings to the table offensively and think next year he gets a few more minutes. 

Hearing both Lovett and Mussini gone
Mussini too ? ugh I want him to stay

This is Baldi. He's like a poltergeist...grows stronger with attention and fear.
lol but he has been right on some things

Honestly Baldi does have a beat on the street but just because you which way the wind is blowing doesn't mean it won't shift.

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 12:12:49 AM »

Echo this.

Why would Ellison be cool with that?

Idk. Maybe a promise of larger role senior year?

This is purely my own hypothetical scenario. No basis for this.

Marillac

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2017, 12:13:51 AM »

WE WIN WEST

@WeWinWest

@NBADraft will make it's decision on @Marcus_LoVett...not our opinions of him as a student athlete...#sjubbpic.twitter.com/vZO5ETlVR2

If I'm reading this right and they will let the new evaluations for underclassmen guide their decision, this will be over very quickly. He's 5'11, hasn't shown he can stop anyone on d, and his team was under .500. Five of the top ten projected picks in this draft are PGs! Then you have to deal with guys like Frank Mason, Melo Trimble, and Nigel Williams-Goss and a heap of other combos in the second. C'mon bruh!

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2017, 12:19:51 AM »

Echo this.

Marillac would be on board with this as he loves him some redshirts. Ellison needs all the time in the world to improve. Maybe we can throw in a medical redshirt year too and by his 6th year he may be pretty good. Has the physical ability, has some skills but struggles mightly to put it all together.

goredmen

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2017, 12:24:35 AM »

Echo this.

Marillac would be on board with this as he loves him some redshirts. Ellison needs all the time in the world to improve. Maybe we can throw in a medical redshirt year too and by his 6th year he may be pretty good. Has the physical ability, has some skills but struggles mightly to put it all together.

If Ellison is redshirting next year it won't be here

Marillac

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2017, 12:26:04 AM »

Echo this.

In my perfect scenario we redshirt RF and Ellison, Lovett gets a big dose of reality from
his NBA evaluation and plays all four years, Mussini plays out his career here. Love me some redshirts.

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 12:27:07 AM »

agreed. this is the type pf junior we need. he can be an assassin off the bench

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 12:42:24 AM »

Echo this.

In my perfect scenario we redshirt RF and Ellison, Lovett gets a big dose of reality from
his NBA evaluation and plays all four years, Mussini plays out his career here. Love me some redshirts.
If you were Paul Revere you would have rode your horse through the night yelling "The redshirts are coming, the redshirts are coming" and we would have lost the revolution cause nobody would have known what the hell you were talking about. Hey, it's all I got and it's late, just trying to get through UCLA-USC through bleary eyes from watching hoops all day.

Wods317

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2017, 07:28:17 AM »

WE WIN WEST

@WeWinWest

If I'm reading this right and they will let the new evaluations for underclassmen guide their decision, this will be over very quickly. He's 5'11, hasn't shown he can stop anyone on d, and his team was under .500. Five of the top ten projected picks in this draft are PGs! Then you have to deal with guys like Frank Mason, Melo Trimble, and Nigel Williams-Goss and a heap of other combos in the second. C'mon bruh!

Yea that tweet is confusing. If he really is basing this off NBA evals then he gona be back next year but I'm not sure I'm reading it right.

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »
Lovett and another rotation player already out the door. An Assistant coach  actively looking for a power 5 job.

LOL
Two days ago Lovett was staying. Dual voices in your head now?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:22:33 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2017, 10:21:43 AM »
Maybe Braziller should ask Mussini if he's leaving. Wonder why he asked Lovett? Hmm

Because no one cares what Mussini is doing

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2017, 10:36:58 AM »
The NBA isn't even in the discussion for Lovett after this season. If he's leaving he's going straight to Europe. He won't even be invited to the combine.

People who want him to leave now if he will leave after next year anyway are nuts. Him staying would be a huge boost short term and long term. Aside from him being a really good player to have next year, If he stays one more year that gives the staff a chance to pick up a sit-out transfer PG or a PG in the 2018 class. If he leaves now they have to find a PG immediately unless the staff is comfortable with Simon being the full-time PG.

I doubt anyone want or hoping LoVett leaves, but what can you do if he does leave?  Nothing, other than find another viable option.  I hope he stays as most posters.

He represented the school well.  It's fool's gold to think some JUCO can replace him.  See Bashir...good but not Lovett.  I hope he stays.

I doubt anyone believes a JUCO can actually replace him, but it's an option.  Besides, you never know whether the JUCO can adequately replace him or not.  I also wouldn't base Ahmed's play on other JUCO's.

Again, I'm sure most would like for LoVett to stay, but you have no choice other than to move on if he does bolt.

Of course, we'd move on.  I'm just saying we'd be way better off with him.  Without him, we're another sub 20 win irrelevancy guaranteed.  There's no one out there who's better.

ras

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
We would have a top HS recruit w a year of exp and redshirt year under his belt replacing him w Simon.

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2017, 10:52:57 AM »
We would have a top HS recruit w a year of exp and redshirt year under his belt replacing him w Simon.

WE ARE ST JOHN'S, where  a team that has won 22 games combined the last 2 years and just lost a game by 75 points losing  1 of its two best players can be spun as a good thing