CBI/CIT

• 211 replies

Poison

CBI/CIT
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:12:49 PM »
Will the University accept an invitation to one of these tournaments?

goredmen

Re: CBI/CIT
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:13:37 PM »
Will the University accept an invitation to one of these tournaments?

Won't get the chance to

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »
Spare us the indignity. If we haven't learned to play a lick of defense by this point in the season playing some more sh#t teams isn't gonna help.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
I know St Peters, Canisius and Fairfield all accepted CIT offers

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 09:15:47 PM »
Yeah, no.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »
If this is what they've earned then I think they should suck it up and play. Clearly, they needs more practice, and games are great practice.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 09:22:59 PM »
Zero chance.

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 09:33:35 PM »
If this is what they've earned then I think they should suck it up and play. Clearly, they needs more practice, and games are great practice.
Normally I would agree. But whatever they are doing is broken. They have to fix it. Playing more games and not playing defense will not make them better. Guys need to get stronger. If guys are leaving they don't need to play anymore games. The season is over.

goredmen

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

Could do way more harm than good. Nothing to gain by beating a bunch of mediocre mid majors, everything to lose if you lose to Lehigh to get bounced in the CBI. No chance an invite comes anyway

Foad

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 09:42:42 PM »

Of course. Every game they play is one more game they've played. You can't blame things on a lack of experience and then avoid opportunities for experience.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 09:44:56 PM »
Coaches need the game more than anyone

Poison

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 09:48:32 PM »

Could do way more harm than good. Nothing to gain by beating a bunch of mediocre mid majors, everything to lose if you lose to Lehigh to get bounced in the CBI. No chance an invite comes anyway

I wouldn't skip a tournament because we could be embarrassed. Why go out like we did today if we don't have to? We were completely outclassed today. Nova is going to do that to others before their season is over. It's a great team. Doesn't mean should be done. For our level, the CBI is fine. It's where a young team belongs.

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 10:08:24 PM »

I wouldn't skip a tournament because we could be embarrassed. Why go out like we did today if we don't have to? We were completely outclassed today. Nova is going to do that to others before their season is over. It's a great team. Doesn't mean should be done. For our level, the CBI is fine. It's where a young team belongs.
You have to be bi-polar. You are either cut throat or wimpy.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »

You have to be bi-polar. You are either cut throat or wimpy.

What?

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 01:07:09 PM »
Any chance to play and practice a week or two extra should be welcomed with open arms with a team this young and inexperienced. More postseason experience can only help these kids. It could also rinse the bad taste of the 41 pt loss out of their mouths.

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
Do teams just have to pay a fee to get into these tournaments?

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
Do teams just have to pay a fee to get into these tournaments?

I may be wrong, but I think you have to pay to host a game.

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
I don't understand the downside.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »

There is no downside as foad  pointed out. People complain about this being an inexperienced young team. Here's a chance to get another game (or more) against teams that are going play their asses off to extend their season and careers. But I guess the Big East ego will get in the way

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 04:31:13 PM »

There is no downside as foad  pointed out. People complain about this being an inexperienced young team. Here's a chance to get another game (or more) against teams that are going play their asses off to extend their season and careers. But I guess the Big East ego will get in the way

The current team doesn't play defense. not playing defense a few more times will not improve next years team. Our staff doesn't know how to teach team defense. Preparing for Fairfield with disinterested players won't change that. Our guys quit yesterday. Lovett is half way out the door. According to Baldi mussini is next. You guys want to play a tournament with 2 guards ?
I was In favor of Norm's team playing (I think 8 years ago). Effort, toughness, were not issues then . They just kind of sucked. More practice could have helped them. (More practice didn't help norm ) what makes anyone think more practice would help Mullin? Richmond has 50 times as much money as Chris Casey, you think he wants to work 2 more weeks?