First round upsets?

• 131 replies
Re: First round upsets?
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »
I'd be homicidal if we had a NCAA tournament game end like the Hall game did yesterday.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »
I'd be homicidal if we had a NCAA tournament game end like the Hall game did yesterday.

But also happy to be in that position to lost in the tournament that happy. Probably less homical if it was in the second round, which meant the Johnnies finally won a tournament game.

You know SJU is back because we consistently make the tournament and there is no oh well at lest we made it this far...It will be just angry that the team got screwed.

The board will know that the Big East is legitimate when we stop worrying what the conference record is in the tournament to justify how good he conference is. When there is no team Big East  mentality, and you don't feel bad for rooting against another BE team....Also when Nova is taken down a peg.

Cougar O' Malley

Marillac

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
Marquettte got exposed. They weren't a tournament team.  That was the lone Big East game that could come next year to hurt the conference getting 6-7 bids.

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
Marquettte got exposed. They weren't a tournament team.  That was the lone Big East game that could come next year to hurt the conference getting 6-7 bids.

Fisher is so soft. They played scared

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2017, 01:55:42 PM »
Temple Gibbs, another dummy

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2017, 03:11:08 PM »
How's Donte doin

wpc77

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
Temple Gibbs, another dummy

Good thing he has a coach who will set him straight

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »

By exposed you mean they were nothing more than a middle of the pack major conference school no different than 4-5 other programs which is exactly who they were.

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
Seton Hall kid was an idiot the way he went with the extra push at the end after the whistle had already blown.  That and the the combination of tripping the kid that sent him flying was just the perfect (red)storm of misfortune for the Pirates.

Refs had no choice but to call what they did.  They had to go to the tape and there it was all too plain to see.

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2017, 04:28:58 PM »
Seton Hall kid was an idiot the way he went with the extra push at the end after the whistle had already blown.  That and the the combination of tripping the kid that sent him flying was just the perfect (red)storm of misfortune for the Pirates.

Refs had no choice but to call what they did.  They had to go to the tape and there it was all too plain to see.
Agree, but if the circle made the same play you would be screaming bloody murder.  ;) :)

TONYD3

« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2017, 04:42:00 PM »

Agree, but if the circle made the same play you would be screaming bloody murder.  ;) :)
I was mad at first. But now I guess I agree. Needed Seton hall for my bracket. Phile greene is the square, who is the circle?

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
Wisconsin up 62-61 against 'Nova with 1:24 remaining in the game.   Wisconsin has the ball.  Huge, huge possession for both teams.

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2017, 05:06:23 PM »
Heckuva defense there by Villanova, which should result in an intentional foul by Hayes of Wisconsin.

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »
The Big East is on the brink of only having two teams left in the tournament.  Wisconsin up by 2 with 11.4 seconds remaining. 

Bad call on 'Nova's previous possession, as Hayes should've been called for an intentional foul.

Dang.  Hart was a bit out of control there.  Good defense by Wisconsin. 

Whelp, there goes the "beast" of the Big East.  Frankly, I think Butler will be the lone team advancing to next weekend, but I suspect they're gonna be in for a tough one, though.  I liked Xavier versus Maryland, but I didn't have 'em getting past Florida State.  I don't particularly like the match up.  Hopefully, Xavier surprises me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:19:52 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2017, 05:27:48 PM »
I thought Donte saved Nova's season...wow though.

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2017, 05:31:39 PM »

You're right.  If the Johnnies ever dance again and if any Johnny made that same play in the dance I'ld be pissed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:32:03 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2017, 05:48:16 PM »
How does Nova get Wisconsin and Gonzaga get Northwestern? It doesn't make sense.

« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
We are looking like "the Big least" right about now.

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2017, 06:04:32 PM »

I was mad at first. But now I guess I agree. Needed Seton hall for my bracket. Phile greene is the square, who is the circle?

Phil was nicknamed the circle for dribbling around in circles.

Marillac

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »
Xavier up big on Florida State early. FSU has looked like trash.