Butler and Xavier

• 41 replies

goredmen

Re: Butler and Xavier
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 12:31:53 AM »
Tough day for the ACC. Virginia down 30, FSU got embarrassed by 25, ND lost by 11, and Syracuse lost in the NIT. 

I think Duke wins it all

They aren't going to play a difficult game until the final four at this point.  Nova was only real challenge in the east.  Already beat Florida at msg early in season before team had even gelled.

South Carolina and then Baylor is a formidable path. I could see either team knocking them off.

Anybody can beat anybody, but South Carolina is a weak 7 and Baylor is a horrendous 3

Didn't South Carolina just destroy Marquette?

Yeah, Marquette is a good cure for a struggling offense. South Carolina won just 2 of their last 7 games against mediocre SEC teams before that.

Johnny23

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
Both Butler and Xavier have excellent coaching. Not surprised they're the two left standing. I thought that Nova's lack of interior size would end up being their downfall in this tourney and Happ and Hayes proved that yesterday.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »
2 seed Louisville goes down! ACC has lost five straight games and is down to 2 teams before the second round is over. Duke and UNC left today.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 02:27:05 PM »
2 seed Louisville goes down! ACC has lost five straight games and is down to 2 teams before the second round is over. Duke and UNC left today.

Go 'Cocks!  Wooooooo, Pig! Sooie!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:27:23 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »

I'm hoping URI gets that W tonight. I have them in Elite 8.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 05:23:28 PM »

Sorry to disappoint but I'd bet a lot that duke  has a very easy time tonight.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »
I have South Carolina winning this game.

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 06:13:41 PM »

At least you have a team in Kid.  Enjoy!

Tha Kid

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »

At least you have a team in Kid.  Enjoy!

Thanks! planned a trip to Arizona final four weekend.  Hoping it's a basketball and golf trip and not just a golf trip.

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2017, 11:23:00 PM »
Duke falls to South Carolina! Sorry Tha Kid...tough loss. They weren't going far without a PG, though. The ACC started with nine teams and they are down to just UNC now.

BTW, the freshman PG for South Carolina, Rakym Felder,was sensational. Low dribble, strong kid, great shot. They said he was from Brooklyn.

Tha Kid

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »
Duke falls to South Carolina! Sorry Tha Kid...tough loss. They weren't going far without a PG, though. The ACC started with nine teams and they are down to just UNC now.

BTW, the freshman PG for South Carolina, Rakym Felder,was sensational. Low dribble, strong kid, great shot. They said he was from Brooklyn.

If that game was played anywhere but South Carolina, duke would have won.  That said the PG issue would have ended dukes season at some point so whatever.

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 11:27:54 PM »

Felder is from Brooklyn.  He played a year or two of high school ball at Indian Land High in South Carolina.  He played alongside Darnell Rogers (former George Washington's point guard, Shawnta Rogers' son).

cjfish

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »

If that game was played anywhere but South Carolina, duke would have won.  That said the PG issue would have ended dukes season at some point so whatever.

I feel real bad for Duke having to play outside NC in the tournament for the first time in years and their fans using this as an excuse.  Pathetic privileged dookies.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:29:54 AM by cjfish »

Marillac

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:52 AM »
 X on to the Elite Eight! Funny how everyone's favorite raging nice person and sniveling little dweeb, Fordham96, said Xavier wouldn't have been a Final Four contender with Summer but Duke and Louisville were.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:54:21 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 01:00:50 AM »
X on to the Elite Eight! Funny how everyone's favorite raging nice person and sniveling little dweeb, Fordham96, said Xavier wouldn't have been a Final Four contender with Summer but Duke and Louisville were.

Hahhaaahahahhaahhwh

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 01:17:49 AM »
X just made SJU some money winning that game. Gotta love rev share.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 01:22:32 AM »

That $ goes straight to Matt's increased paycheck :)

MCNPA

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:09 AM »

And it isn't pennies either.  That's why a strong Big East is good for all.  Go Butler!

Johnny23

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »

Any idea on how much X made with the win and how that breaks down for each conf school?

Marillac

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »

Any idea on how much X made with the win and how that breaks down for each conf school?

In 2015 it was 1.67 mill for just appearing each round. That has gone up slightly. Big East like most teams split it evenly amongst all members. So X made us about 200k by winning last night and 800k total this tournament.

A rough approximation for the tournament thus far rounding up to 2 mill per appearance:

7 bids x 2 mill
3 second round appearances x 2 mill
2 third round appearances x 2 mill
1 fourth round appearance (Butler remaining) x 2 mill

26 mill / 10 teams = 2.6 mill for SJU