Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring

• 232 replies
Re: Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »
Trust me I want us to be better, but we are still far away from the Depaul's of the world.    In the past 7 years, we've been to the tourney twice, and the NIT twice.  We've sent a number of guys to the league.  We've beaten plenty of really good teams and received national attention in certain years.  People still give a s*** about St. John's, as evidenced by many of the games I attended last year, including the first BE tourney game.  Hell part of the reason Seton Hall fans have this complex about SJU is because SJU gets more attention having a mediocre season than the Hall does with a good one.
+1. Like Baldi, Iona hasn't won a NCAA Tournament game since 1980. St. John's has had as many Final Fours. 16 more wins. Get that mid major shit out of here. We are a rebuilding team.

Poison

« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
You can be a high major program, and not a very good one. As always, we are rebuilding.

Wods317

« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
You can be a high major program, and not a very good one. As always, we are rebuilding.

+1 exactly what I am saying. We are 100% a high major we just haven't been consistently good in a very long time.

« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
Never understood fascination with status of the program. We are are in a major conference but except for the first few Jarvis years we have basically been a non factor nationally in every way since Louie left. Hopefully next couple years will be an aberration from that.

« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »
This is a FAN message board right?

« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »

You guys take Bluto too seriously. As far as fans yes but it does not have to be a delusional fan forum either. We ... We have not been good.
I do think we have a decent shot to make tourney the next two years.So I am looking forward to that. Being a ST John's fan means you need to enjoy the small victories. Like Lovett staying another year and the possibility we might not stink the next two years. Don't know about anyone else but I am pumped!

« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »
"We are the youngest team in college BB" , over and over
Like a hamster on a wheel
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:18:25 PM by valgoth »

« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2017, 12:18:45 PM »

You guys take Bluto too seriously. As far as fans yes but it does not have to be a delusional fan forum either. We ... We have not been good.
I do think we have a decent shot to make tourney the next two years.So I am looking forward to that. Being a ST John's fan means you need to enjoy the small victories. Like Lovett staying another year and the possibility we might not stink the next two years. Don't know about anyone else but I am pumped!

Of course they take Bluto seriously. They know there is truth in what is posted

Foad

« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2017, 12:44:59 PM »

The sky is green, grass is blue, snow is hot, gasoline makes a refreshing summer drink, water is damp. Look, there's truth in what I posted.

« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2017, 12:52:52 PM »

The sky is green, grass is blue, snow is hot, gasoline makes a refreshing summer drink, water is damp. Look, there's truth in what I posted.

Foad, you doing ok? Your posts have been lacking the usual fun lately. I've noticed that they have a leash on you over on the other site. Snap out of it son

LoganK

« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »
King of deflection...

« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »
King of deflection...

Deflecting? What would you like me to answer? Surely you won't like my answer, as I have been holding back

« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2017, 09:16:22 PM »
Anyone who thinks Ellison's loss will hurt us next year, knows nothing about basketball.

Granted I know little about basketball but I think virtually all transfers hurt.  I feel keeping players in a system for 4 or 4 plus years and continuity are key elements of most schools not named Kentucky and Kansas' success.

We've seen multiple players stink up the joint for 2 or 3 years only to explode as seniors.

Def. not happy MalikIV and Darien left.  Customarily wouldn't be glad about Oedipus leaving early either but his freshmen campaign stunk on levels heretofore yet unseen so I have mixed feelings.

« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2017, 09:23:59 PM »
5th year bigs still available that will help us?

« Reply #215 on: April 19, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »
 :2funny:
King of deflection...

Deflecting? What would you like me to answer? Surely you won't like my answer, as I have been holding back

Uh oh...Baldi has been holding back. Tell us what you really think... :2funny:

« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
:2funny:
King of deflection...

Uh oh...Baldi has been holding back. Tell us what you really think... :2funny:

Nah. Timing is everything

« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
Rothstein:

St. John's grad transfer Darien Williams tells me he's now considering both Pitt and Nevada. Immediately eligible. #SJUBB

« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »
Ellison is transferring to PItt per Jeff Goodman and ESPN

hnk

« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »
Let's re-recruit D. Will......it would cap off a perfect day!!!!!!