Mikey Dixon

• 108 replies
Re: Mikey Dixon
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »
lol I've never met a St Johns fan who hates the team more than you

I like Mikey Dixon best because he averaged 24ppg vs Iona this year...

And he already knows what it's like to finish 8th in the league, so we gain some experience there. I like Dixon. He's certainly going to be shocked playing at Carnesecca Arena after playing on that beautiful campus

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »

And he already knows what it's like to finish 8th in the league, so we gain some experience there. I like Dixon. He's certainly going to be shocked playing at Carnesecca Arena after playing on that beautiful campus

Lol. Winning cures all. Even Baldi

goredmen

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »

"St. John's fan" lol

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »
So true and yes you were a happy poster during some of the lavin years

Lol. Winning cures all. Even Baldi

Foad

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »

"St. John's fan" lol

plus one

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

"St. John's fan" lol

Another super fan

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »
This whole argument is ludicrous, they are not overloaded at guard even with potential commitments from Muhammad and Williams down the road.  And at the same time they are not playing 5 guards at a time.

These things will work themselves out don't fret.

Yeah, things usually work out for us
Weren't you a big fan of Larry Wright? Dixon is a lot like Wright  but with way better ball skills.

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

10 points / 3 assists / 3 rebounds / .43 FG / .36 3pt / .80 FT

Dixon as a freshman

16.5 points / 2 assists / 4 rebounds / .45 FG / .37 3 pt / .85 FT

And the moral is: haters gonna hate

Never saw him play. We need big guys

We need lots of things, including a balanced roster and roster continuity. Bringing this guy in helps with that and doesn't affect the ability to recruit anyone else. There's four or five open scholarships and he seems to have a lot of upside. I don't get the complaining. Nobody commits people complain. Someone commits people complain. People just like to complain. I find other people's complaints exhausting. 

If he was 6-7 from Quinipiac I would have said GREAT! Getting another small guard from a low major conference just looks like they are scrambling to fill out a roster.  I am not complaining. Norm beat the complaining out of me. I am questioning the process.

NYCoffey

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2017, 05:39:56 PM »
Just because you say you aren't complaining doesn't mean you not coplaining

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2017, 06:08:30 PM »
This whole argument is ludicrous, they are not overloaded at guard even with potential commitments from Muhammad and Williams down the road.  And at the same time they are not playing 5 guards at a time.

Weren't you a big fan of Larry Wright? Dixon is a lot like Wright  but with way better ball skills.

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

We need lots of things, including a balanced roster and roster continuity. Bringing this guy in helps with that and doesn't affect the ability to recruit anyone else. There's four or five open scholarships and he seems to have a lot of upside. I don't get the complaining. Nobody commits people complain. Someone commits people complain. People just like to complain. I find other people's complaints exhausting. 
If there is one thing I don't question about you it is your sincerity. But on your claim that people's complaining is exhausting you I call BS. To be exhausted by their complaining you would have to give a hoot and lord knows you don't give a spit about anything.  8)

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »
zach smart‏
@zsmart3
Mikey Dixon fell through cracks recruiting wise. 3 years at St.John's should be indicative of this. High-scoring guard is lethal when hot
Who isn't lethal when hot?

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »
zach smart‏
@zsmart3
Mikey Dixon fell through cracks recruiting wise. 3 years at St.John's should be indicative of this. High-scoring guard is lethal when hot

Well if you ask wasju he'll tell you Marco Bourgault was the hottest player St. John's has had in forever and I can't remember him ever being lethal.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

If he was 6-7 from Quinipiac I would have said GREAT! Getting another small guard from a low major conference just looks like they are scrambling to fill out a roster.  I am not complaining. Norm beat the complaining out of me. I am questioning the process.

He's really not a small guard.  He's a 6'2" freshman.  You keep saying it, but he's bigger than both Lovett and Ponds.  Another 10-15 lbs and he's same size as guys like Troy bell, kemba Walker, Allan Ray, among many, many others.  Just because he played in the Maac doesn't mean he wasn't underrecruited by major programs.  Kid has great numbers against D1 teams
as a freshman.

Marillac

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

They aren't mutually exclusive. We still have three spots left for bigs. BTW, YouTube has full length Quinnipiac games. The kid looks really, really good. He's a lot like Ponds. He can shoot his ass off and he's slippery and creative in the lane like Ponds. Baldi can attest that generally the MAAC guards are older and well developed physically, so it's impressive that such a scrawny kid could average 16.5 and 4 right out of the gate at such a physical deficit.

Marillac

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

He's really not a small guard.  He's a 6'2" freshman.  You keep saying it, but he's bigger than both Lovett and Ponds.  Another 10-15 lbs and he's same size as guys like Troy bell, kemba Walker, Allan Ray, among many, many others.  Just because he played in the Maac doesn't mean he wasn't underrecruited by major programs.  Kid has great numbers against D1 teams
as a freshman.
[/quote
I'm all for this kid, but Ponds is definitely bigger. He is very similar to Ponds, though. He's the skinniest kid I've ever seen in d-1.

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

They aren't mutually exclusive. We still have three spots left for bigs. BTW, YouTube has full length Quinnipiac games. The kid looks really, really good. He's a lot like Ponds. He can shoot his ass off and he's slippery and creative in the lane like Ponds. Baldi can attest that generally the MAAC guards are older and well developed physically, so it's impressive that such a scrawny kid could average 16.5 and 4 right out of the gate at such a physical deficit.

A lot of talented guards in the MAAC. He was 1 of the good young ones. Can put up points in a hurry, just needs to get stronger and more consistent

goredmen

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2017, 06:46:36 PM »
I'm all for this kid, but Ponds is definitely bigger. He is very similar to Ponds, though. He's the skinniest kid I've ever seen in d-1.

Tariq Owens is skinnier

Foad

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2017, 07:03:43 PM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

If there is one thing I don't question about you it is your sincerity. But on your claim that people's complaining is exhausting you I call BS. To be exhausted by their complaining you would have to give a hoot and lord knows you don't give a spit about anything.

Shirley you don't believe that I don't I find other people annoying.

redslope

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2017, 10:13:36 PM »
size only matters when _______________.

I remember seeing a guard listed at 6' 0" and 165 who was fairly decent baller.  His name was Allen Iverson.

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2017, 12:48:45 AM »
size only matters when _______________.

I remember seeing a guard listed at 6' 0" and 165 who was fairly decent baller.  His name was Allen Iverson.

There are always exceptions but generally speaking I prefer bigger guards. If guards are smaller they better be quick as heck and shoot the piss out of it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2017, 02:20:00 AM »
zach smart‏
@zsmart3

Well if you ask wasju he'll tell you Marco Bourgault was the hottest player St. John's has had in forever and I can't remember him ever being lethal.

Marco vs Uconn. Richard vs SU. Both played one great half of basketball.