Nahziah Carter, SF, Rochester, NY

• 61 replies

derk

Re: Nahziah Carter, SF, Rochester, NY
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2017, 09:25:11 AM »
There is something definitely weird with our recruiting.  There must be something other coaches are pointing out to the recruits that express interest in us, that instantly gets them to drop SJU.  It is amazing.   Got to find out what it is, and fix it.

Not sure if our staff is liked in the college basketball world

Because ... ?

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
There is something definitely weird with our recruiting.  There must be something other coaches are pointing out to the recruits that express interest in us, that instantly gets them to drop SJU.  It is amazing.   Got to find out what it is, and fix it.

Because ... ?

Word is out on the way Slice was treated. He is well liked

derk

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2017, 09:35:15 AM »
In bold too...
Zach B
"Sounds like you can cross him off list for #sjubb"

So can someone get to ZB and find out what's the deal. After all,  it was he who spoke so confidently about Kante to us. Somehow we 've got to get to the bottom of these unexpected last minute turnarounds. Add Kante to the list of Briscoe, Whitehead, Heron, and probably Muhammad. I understand the reasoning for some of these but it seems like this happens more often to us then other similar schools. There's more going on then meets the eye.

derk

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »

Because ... ?

By admin, CM ? Why pay the guy so much money if you don't know what you are doing. And while he certainly doesn't need the money right now, I don't hear his name bandyed about for any positions. If he's so well liked, then where are the offers ?

wpc77

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2017, 09:49:13 AM »

Because ... ?

By admin, CM ? Why pay the guy so much money if you don't know what you are doing. And while he certainly doesn't need the money right now, I don't hear his name bandyed about for any positions. If he's so well liked, then where are the offers ?

Need to consider the fact that, as part of the settlement with SJU, which we know was drawn out and complicated, Slice may have agreed not to pursue other jobs for a certain time period in return for a hefty check.

Moose

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2017, 10:11:06 AM »
In bold too...
Zach B

So can someone get to ZB and find out what's the deal. After all,  it was he who spoke so confidently about Kante to us. Somehow we 've got to get to the bottom of these unexpected last minute turnarounds. Add Kante to the list of Briscoe, Whitehead, Heron, and probably Muhammad. I understand the reasoning for some of these but it seems like this happens more often to us then other similar schools. There's more going on then meets the eye.

It's pretty simple.
Who is the most vocal member of the staff?
He tells all those who are willing to listen.  Word then spreads.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »
In bold too...
Zach B

Fwiw, apparently Kante camp wanted commitment for more minutes out of gate than SJU was willing to accommodate. Just sharing feedback from local scribe, who  is close to Moose's favorite coach. :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:19:47 AM by paultzman »

derk

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2017, 11:21:06 AM »
In bold too...
Zach B

Fwiw, party line is Kante camp wanted commitment for more minutes out of gate than SJU was willing to accommodate. Just sharing feedback from local scribe, who  is close to Moose's favorite coach. :)

Isn't that something that would come up early on in the discussion, and not get down to a last minute decision. We should have had ( possibly still do ) backup for this situation. Again it just seems unbelievable that we can't lock up 1 big kid.
In bold too...
Zach B

Fwiw, party line is Kante camp wanted commitment for more minutes out of gate than SJU was willing to accommodate. Just sharing feedback from local scribe, who  is close to Moose's favorite coach. :)

Isn't that something that would come up pretty early

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
In bold too...
Zach B

It's pretty simple.
Who is the most vocal member of the staff?
He tells all those who are willing to listen.  Word then spreads.

I do find it funny when Braziller uses the term source when he discusses SJU recruiting news as if he is legitimately hiding who his source is. ..

The NCAA should pass a rule giving an exemption to certain coaches who talk to writers under the cloak of anonymity because they are not allowed to publicly be quoted on unsigned recruits    I would call the rule, "EVERYONE KNOWS WHO THE SOURCE IS SO STOP PRETENDING IT IS A SECRET" rule...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:44:12 AM by fordham96 »

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »
In bold too...
Zach B

Isn't that something that would come up early on in the discussion, and not get down to a last minute decision. We should have had ( possibly still do ) backup for this situation. Again it just seems unbelievable that we can't lock up 1 big kid.
In bold too...
Zach B

Not necessarily.

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2017, 01:34:53 PM »
In bold too...
Zach B

Fwiw, apparently Kante camp wanted commitment for more minutes out of gate than SJU was willing to accommodate. Just sharing feedback from local scribe, who  is close to Moose's favorite coach. :)
With all due respect to Kante, we need 4 star recruits willing to wait their turn more than 2 star who want to play right away. I'm glad we're honest with kids on how much playing time to expect.

derk

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »
In bold too...
Zach B

In bold too...
Zach B

Not necessarily.

I would think a teams plan for any recruit and how well that plan meets the kids needs, should be first or dam near first for both parties to discuss. It's not as if we signed someone after the time we first spoke to Kante  to compete against him.

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »

Not necessarily.

I would think a teams plan for any recruit and how well that plan meets the kids needs, should be first or dam near first for both parties to discuss. It's not as if we signed someone after the time we first spoke to Kante  to compete against him.

Sometimes, things doesn't come into play until a player has an unofficial or official visit.  Maybe, Kante and his camp didn't start their proposal(s) 'til their official visit or afterwards.

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »

Not necessarily.

Sometimes, things doesn't come into play until a player has an unofficial or official visit.  Maybe, Kante and his camp didn't start their proposal(s) 'til their official visit or afterwards.
+1

ras

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2017, 05:24:08 PM »
In bold too...
Zach B

With all due respect to Kante, we need 4 star recruits willing to wait their turn more than 2 star who want to play right away. I'm glad we're honest with kids on how much playing time to expect.
I think he would have been a good 4 year player and would have gotten pt. But for a player of that caliber to demand  excessive minutes as a freshman is brazen. In Mullins first year he would have gotten plenty of burn. Fortunately we have a nice core for next year.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:27:41 PM by ras »

NYCoffey

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2017, 07:07:11 PM »

In bold too...

Someone please call Mullin on his cell because Derk needs answers.
No he demands answers. And if this is not addressed tooth sweet, heads will roll.

Go get em Derk!

Zach B

In bold too...
Zach B

Not necessarily.

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2017, 10:33:03 PM »

Because ... ?

No staff really likes other staffs. There are many different cliques within the coaching community.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2017, 12:59:21 AM »
Seriously who cares if other college bball staffs don't like ours.  Cooley and Providence didn't like Lavin & Co. because we got Sampson, Obekpa and Orlando.  Getting quality players and winning games is all I care about.  Not many like Cal because he crushes everyone in the recruiting wars.  Did you see the 30 for 30 on him?

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2017, 01:53:01 AM »
Seriously who cares if other college bball staffs don't like ours.  Cooley and Providence didn't like Lavin & Co. because we got Sampson, Obekpa and Orlando.  Getting quality players and winning games is all I care about.  Not many like Cal because he crushes everyone in the recruiting wars.  Did you see the 30 for 30 on him?
Well John Chaney seems to like him.  ???

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2017, 09:41:20 AM »

Am sure our staff is not liked in baldi's world
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.