"Baldi Bowl"

• 200 replies
Re: "Baldi Bowl"
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2017, 05:51:35 PM »
When do single game tickets usually go on sale? Baldi bringing a crew for the massacre at MSG

LOL
For Iona vs Manhattan game after Duke ST John's game a couple years ago there were like 17 people at the game. Were they all from your crew?

Place was empty after the 20,000 Duke fans left and also the 37 St Johns fans

Even using core math 37 greater than 17. I played a CYO game at Brendan Byrne once before a Net game and we had more fans than that game.

Pace in the house

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »
remember st thomas aquinas, and delaware st. there are no gimmes at SJU......We Are

goredmen

« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2017, 12:04:43 AM »
When do single game tickets usually go on sale? Baldi bringing a crew for the massacre at MSG

Give Iona a little credit. Despite the fact they haven't stayed within single digits of any power conference team since 2014, it's not a lock that SJU will massacre them

Good thing the Big East isn't a Power conference, otherwise I would've took that into consideration

You should watch more college basketball then

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2017, 04:43:55 PM »
Rothsteins tweets are funny.  But I will say this, Ionas backcourt is no joke. Might be the best ever

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »
Rothsteins tweets are funny.  But I will say this, Ionas backcourt is no joke. Might be the best ever
Best ever ? Relative to what ?

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2017, 05:05:15 PM »

Best since Armand, Momo and English. Which was probably better than any St Johns backcourt in the last what 20'years?

Foad

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2017, 05:15:43 PM »

Best since Armand, Momo and English. Which was probably better than any St Johns backcourt in the last what 20'years?

Twenty years is 1997. How do you think these guys would have done in the Mid Major Athletic Conference?

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »

Twenty years is 1997. How do you think these guys would have done in the Mid Major Athletic Conference?

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

Minus Postell and Barkley, I would think they would be 1 and done

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »

I'm going to have to google iona players. Will they show up on a google search or do I have to use yahoo or aol

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2017, 05:55:24 PM »

I'm going to have to google iona players. Will they show up on a google search or do I have to use yahoo or aol

Google, yahoo, and aol all you want. Better program the last 20 years?

« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2017, 07:59:31 PM »

How many years was your guy Norm the coach. 1/3 of that time ?

SJU in Big East vs Iona in the Maac is like upscale burger chain Burger Fi vs dollar menu burger chains and Wendys. Burger Fi might be on the lower end of the upscale burger chain burgers compared to Shake Shack and Smashburger but I'll take that type of burger. But being Wendys of the dollar burger menu isn't bad but you can't compare.

Does Iona charge admission to games or do they give free burgers ?

Foad

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

Marcus Hatten was a supernatural being, Ponds in three years will be better than any player who played in the MAAC since 1850, and you're a clown.

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »
I don't know if Iona gives away free burgers, but per the NCAA attendance records for '16 season, they avg. a huge 1,826 fans per home game.  If I had to bet, I would have guessed maybe 1,200. Surprised me it was that much..   The MAAC overall was ranked 21st conference in attendance but think gets a boost from Siena at # 87 overall w/ 6,259... I had no idea...

and SJU has much to improve at 6,944 but were still 71st in D1....

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2016.pdf
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:04:56 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2017, 12:16:15 AM »
Not to mention Cook was essentially a first round pick after one year who was second in the nation in assists as a frosh. And Hardy was a wooden award finalist in the old Big East....

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

Marcus Hatten was a supernatural being, Ponds in three years will be better than any player who played in the MAAC since 1850, and you're a clown.

« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2017, 05:55:23 AM »

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

How'd the Hatten led teams do in the NCAA Tournament?

« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2017, 05:57:59 AM »

How many years was your guy Norm the coach. 1/3 of that time ?

SJU in Big East vs Iona in the Maac is like upscale burger chain Burger Fi vs dollar menu burger chains and Wendys. Burger Fi might be on the lower end of the upscale burger chain burgers compared to Shake Shack and Smashburger but I'll take that type of burger. But being Wendys of the dollar burger menu isn't bad but you can't compare.

Does Iona charge admission to games or do they give free burgers ?

ST. John's basketball is the White Castle of burgers.  You know what's coming after. Either puke or a severe dump

Foad

« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

They lost to Bo Ryan. Not as impressive as the 4th place finish in the Mid Major Athletic Conference the best back court in Iona history achieved in 2013, sure, but St John's didn't have to play both Canius, Marist and Rider twice. Had they they might not have finished 3rd in the Big East that year.

Tha Kid

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2017, 10:03:01 AM »

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

Yawn.  C'mon Baldi.  You've gained credibility back lately, don't go throw it all away.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
Id take Hardy/Horne or Hardy/Kennedy over any Iona backcourt ever.

« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

They lost to Bo Ryan. Not as impressive as the 4th place finish in the Mid Major Athletic Conference the best back court in Iona history achieved in 2013, sure, but St John's didn't have to play both Canius, Marist and Rider twice. Had they they might not have finished 3rd in the Big East that year.

And maybe they would have beat Rob Morris