Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY - SYRACUSE

• 231 replies

Re: Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »
Adding a pure shooting zone buster would be great, if he's willing to accept a limited role at first and work for his minutes. Can never have too many shooters.

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »
Adding a pure shooting zone buster would be great, if he's willing to accept a limited role at first and work for his minutes. Can never have too many shooters.

we shot like 0-20 from  3 vs iona, he is a  need.

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »
http://poststar.com/sports/girard-scores-school-record-as-glens-falls-beats-amsterdam/article_1cad054b-eccc-5186-a993-1fd968d097cc.html

Amsterdam is pretty legit in sports too.

I wouldn’t go that far right now for their sports.

I remember them being strong during my day...especially for a Class A team. They beat Troy one year when Troy won the AA  football state championship. There are a lot of teams up there at the class A and class B level that are jokes. Amsterdam never struck me as one, but I get most of my news the two weeks a year I spend in Saratoga Springs with my sister and her fam.

cjfish

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2017, 03:40:34 PM »
Generally speaking Amsterdam is strong in football and weak in hoops

Mike

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »
http://poststar.com/sports/girard-scores-school-record-as-glens-falls-beats-amsterdam/article_1cad054b-eccc-5186-a993-1fd968d097cc.html

Amsterdam is pretty legit in sports too.

I wouldn’t go that far right now for their sports.

I remember them being strong during my day...especially for a Class A team. They beat Troy one year when Troy won the AA  football state championship. There are a lot of teams up there at the class A and class B level that are jokes. Amsterdam never struck me as one, but I get most of my news the two weeks a year I spend in Saratoga Springs with my sister and her fam.

Back in my days they were strong all around, not so much. Even their football team lost to a B school. Maybe 2 of them.

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2017, 08:53:48 PM »
There bball teams have not been bad the last few years. Not great but tough and really get after Joe
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Tiger

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2018, 08:08:33 AM »
Official visit to Syracuse weekend of 1/6.  Wonder if the Syracuse loss to ND damaged the experience.

Mike

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2018, 08:37:33 AM »
Official visit to Syracuse weekend of 1/6.  Wonder if the Syracuse loss to ND damaged the experience.

I believe it was an unofficial. He has been there a couple of times unofficially, so I’m sure it didn’t do anything. Plus ND came out and saw him last year for a game, but haven’t heard much more about them. BC and UMASS are both showing the most love.

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »

I believe it was an unofficial. He has been there a couple of times unofficially, so I’m sure it didn’t do anything. Plus ND came out and saw him last year for a game, but haven’t heard much more about them. BC and UMASS are both showing the most love.

It was an unofficial visit.  Only seniors can take official visits.

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2018, 03:02:08 PM »
Probably but he is said to be thrilled with our home blowout loss to DePaul. (Help Baldi has me tied up and has taken over my computer).

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2018, 02:14:45 PM »
Per Zach B
St Johns assistant Greg St Jean up in Glens Falls to see high-scoring guard Joe Girard III today. #sjubb

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »
Per Zach B
St Johns assistant Greg St Jean up in Glens Falls to see high-scoring guard Joe Girard III today. #sjubb

Did you know this before the doubtful post?

paultzman

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »
Per Zach B

Yes. I would like someone other than Matt recruit & land a kid, but he seems to determine who we aggressively go after. Hopefully St. Jean breaks the "schneid", but doubt it.

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2018, 02:50:33 PM »
Per Zach B

Yes. I would like someone other than Matt recruit & land a kid, but he seems to determine who we aggressively go after. Hopefully St. Jean breaks the "schneid", but doubt it.

Thanks Paultz. Really think its mullin who needs to push for a guy like Joe. His father was a player in his own right during the time of CM's heyday, his presence could play huge dividends.

paultzman

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2018, 02:52:58 PM »
Per Zach B

Thanks Paultz. Really think its mullin who needs to push for a guy like Joe. His father was a player in his own right during the time of CM's heyday, his presence could play huge dividends.

Agree

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »
Per Zach B

Agree
Sounds like Mullin makes Lavin and Jarvis look like go getters.

Mike

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2018, 12:08:03 AM »
Per Zach B

Per Zach B

I don’t think it will really matter. Sometimes people have bigger dreams.

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »
4 year kid. Sign me up