Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks

• 189 replies

Poison

Re: Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
I wonder if there are others that will be announced soon. Just relieved not to hear our name.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »
I wonder if there are others that will be announced soon. Just relieved not to hear our name.

It'd be pretty bad if we were bribing kids and still not getting anyone....

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:37:38 AM »
Alkins, Heron, Bowen --- lot of guys we were involved with at points that went to one of these schools.  On the one hand, this could show we arent dirty.  On the other it could show we were trying to be dirty but got outbid....
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »
This particular FBI probe, apparently ongoing for a few years, seems to involve Adidas schools and a high level Adidas exec.  Louisville finally going down?

(Recruiting is hard enough, but with the kind of money spoken of in this investigation, it's easy to see how hard it is to get local kids to commit to staying home.)

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »
This particular FBI probe, apparently ongoing for a few years, seems to involve Adidas schools and a high level Adidas exec.  Louisville finally going down?

(Recruiting is hard enough, but with the kind of money spoken of in this investigation, it's easy to see how hard it is to get local kids to commit to staying home.)

It is focused on Adidas, but isn't Auburn an Under Armour school?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »

It'd be pretty bad if we were bribing kids and still not getting anyone....

Yup

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
Everyone in the country was after those kids at one point. 

Alkins, Heron, Bowen --- lot of guys we were involved with at points that went to one of these schools.  On the one hand, this could show we arent dirty.  On the other it could show we were trying to be dirty but got outbid....

tnice

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 12:33:40 PM »
Sonny Vaccaro on CNBC right now saying he's shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. Hilarious.

redslope

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »
Schadenfreude! (not another German forward)

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »
This is why Eddie Fogler, IMO, never came back to coach college basketball.  He hated dealing with the AAU guys and the cheating that was going on throughout the industry. 

Frankly, this entire situation starts with AAU.

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »
This is why Eddie Fogler, IMO, never came back to coach college basketball.  He hated dealing with the AAU guys and the cheating that was going on throughout the industry. 

Frankly, this entire situation starts with AAU.
Eddie is good dude spoke to him years back when he was running PSU's coaching search. Also my cousin grew up friends with Tony Bland playing AAU and then at SDSU.

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »
You take bribes, you go to prison.  That includes parents and players. I hope that's the mantra of  Feds in this case. 

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 10:25:43 AM »
Pitino expects to be fired today...

Louisville head basketball coach Rick Pitino has told members of his coaching staff that he expects to lose his... https://t.co/b6tIVNXofU