Geez. How bad is Georgetown?

Re: Georgetown Game 1
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 09:16:48 AM »
Johnnies a 7 point favorite

Geez. How bad is Georgetown?

About 3 points better than Iona.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 09:33:36 AM »
Challenge is 2 "quality" bigs.  Must avoid getting killed on the boards, i.e., DePaul, and avoid early foul trouble defending.

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »
This is a game where SJU should be out and running from the tip. G'town should have no answer to an up tempo pace.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »
We Are SJU making probably his only appearance of the year. I am calling a win 78-72.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 03:02:30 PM »
Forgive me if I have zero interest in the nostalgia of Ewing vs Mullin.  I also have zero interest right now in the nostalgia of Mullin coaching SJU, that was for 3 years ago.

Let's get this going, now.  Start winning period, like now.

QuanMan

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »
Forgive me if I have zero interest in the nostalgia of Ewing vs Mullin.  I also have zero interest right now in the nostalgia of Mullin coaching SJU, that was for 3 years ago.

Amen, I'm done being nostalgic, produce. With that being said I forsee Jamorko Pickens being a real thorn in our sides tonight, he's a big time mismatch. I'm hoping that this team meeting was as therapeutic as possible and that any selfishness has been eliminated from the team psyche. I want to see a concerted effort on the glass and defensive side of the ball. I'd like to see Yakwe as the first big off the bench tonight, Amar only used when you have to protect Tariq. Limit Govan as much as possible, Marv is actually a good matchup for Derrickson. Bash has been our best player for a month, as long as he stays consistent and Shamorie/Justin bring their A games we go home happy tonight.
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 03:22:07 PM »
This game is going to come down to offensive rebounds and turnovers. If we turn them over and limit them on the glass we win by double digits. If we do neither of those things we lose by double digits

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 03:30:31 PM »

Nostalgia is all there is

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »

Like you don't get all teary eyed thinking off the Glory Days of Jeff Ruland and Steve Burtt sr? Yeah probably not

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »

Like you don't get all teary eyed thinking off the Glory Days of Jeff Ruland and Steve Burtt sr? Yeah probably not

Before my time, but ya. Valvano boys. Louie wasnt  a big fan of Valvano at Iona
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:51:35 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »

Before my time, but ya. Valvano boys. Louie wasnt  a big fan of Valvano at Iona

Either was Ruland

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 05:30:07 PM »
This is a game where SJU should be out and running from the tip. G'town should have no answer to an up tempo pace.

Georgetown actually play an uptemp pace themselves.  Problem is they're prone to turn over the ball, which should feed into what we do well as a team....  Creating steals. 

Concur. 

Amen, I'm done being nostalgic, produce. With that being said I forsee Jamorko Pickens being a real thorn in our sides tonight, he's a big time mismatch.

He typically hangs out on the perimeter.  If he's hitting from outside, then he can be a problem.  So far, during this early part of this conference season, he hasn't been much of a threat and he's prone to turn over the ball. 

The key is 1) Govan and 2) Derrickson, in that particular order.  Go zone, and use our length, anticipation and quickness to garner deflections and steals.  Use a 2-3 and 1-2-2, and befuddle 'em all night.  Go man here and there, but I'd mainly play those two zones tonight.

TONYD3

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »
I hate Georgetown. Let’s win

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »
I hate Georgetown. Let’s win

+1!!