LoVett Done For Season

• 181 replies
Re: LoVett Done For Season
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 04:26:31 PM »
Cut ties and go get Markquis Nowell for next year. You can't go into battle with kids you can't trust. Give me a less talented city kid that will dress and compete.

Cut ties?
Doubt you see Marcus wearing ugly shirts on bench anymore

paultzman

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 04:27:23 PM »
Tweet noting he's done came  from his father's hoops  training site. Speaks volumes that school is either out of loop or God knows what.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
Tweet noting he's done came  from his father's hoops  training site. Speaks volumes that school is either out of loop or God knows what.

Heard he just wants to go home to Philly.... Never mind wrong guy.

ras

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »
If Lovett left last year. Who may have opted not to leave the program and what recruits could we have possisbly gotten ? This hurts. But, is not unexpected.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 04:29:22 PM »
I said, we'd win 4 or 5 conference games even after last night's debacle.  I figured LoVett would be back shortly, and we'd find a way to that many conference games. 

Well....  I think we'll end up 2-16.  If last night and Saturday afternoon is the effort we're gonna get, then prepare to see the team quit (frankly, it looked like they had practically quit their past two games).  With Ponds limping every other game, then expect him to miss some time again during this conference season. 

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 04:30:10 PM »

+1 

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 04:30:18 PM »
This program is a joke. Time to cut ties with this joke of a coach and get a real coach.

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 04:30:54 PM »

Heard he just wants to go home to Philly.... Never mind wrong guy.

😉😉

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 04:34:43 PM »

They held our season hostage.

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2018, 04:37:02 PM »
Per Braziller
Marcus LoVett's dad tweets his son is done playing for this season. Has been listed day-to-day since Nov. 26 with a sprained MCL. A lot more to come on this. #sjubb

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 04:38:31 PM »
This program is a joke. Time to cut ties with this joke of a coach and get a real coach.

Since Louie left we have had losing, bad Boston accents, swimmer assaults, paying terrible players, trains on skanks, losing, Norm, losing, losing, losing, best player suspension, Rysheed's Philly trips, losing, transfers and now the worst diagnosis since that doctor in Jaws got pressured into calling Chrissie Watkins being eaten a boating accident.

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 04:43:52 PM »

Three years ago I would have bet the only way ST John's fans would turn on Chris Mullin would be if he snuck up from behind Louie and hit him in the head with a steal chair then took off his shirt to reveal a UCONN jersey.

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »
Hope. Trust the process

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 04:50:41 PM »
People have recovered from death faster than Marcus has from his "knee injury"

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »

Three years ago I would have bet the only way ST John's fans would turn on Chris Mullin would be if he snuck up from behind Louie and hit him in the head with a steal chair then took off his shirt to reveal a UCONN jersey.

I'm younger and didn't see him play at St. John's, but did see him play in the NBA. I have respect for him as an all time great player, but it's pretty plain to see we made a huge mistake hiring him as head coach. Either Hurley brother surely would have been a better choice, as I said at the time and still think so.

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 04:56:31 PM »

Not sure if I will ever recover from that shirt he had on yesterday

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 05:04:33 PM »
I think above everything, we are seeing the issues with hiring a coach with zero experience, who has been completely removed from college basketball for 25+ years.

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
This is so selfish that it’s ridiculous. He clearly has been healthy for awhile and tried to protect himself, while keeping the staff in the dark.

This is so wrong.

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
I think above everything, we are seeing the issues with hiring a coach with zero experience, who has been completely removed from college basketball for 25+ years.

How would you deal with Lovett though? He's a legit top 50 talent and we had to take chances. You have to think Mullin and the staff learned a valuable lesson from this. They won't go down relying on a kid like Lovett again.

They already have Ponds, Trimble, Simon, Dixon, and Williams for next year. I'd imagine they use Lovett's ship either on a pure high school PG like Nowell or an immediately eligible transfer.

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2018, 05:12:03 PM »

Not sure if I will ever recover from that shirt he had on yesterday

LOL

LOL