Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?

• 779 replies
Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2018, 09:22:35 PM »
This years recruiting class was a joke. 2 NBA stars on coaching staff where team plays at Madison Square Garden and you can't lure in one freaking recruit. Mullin was supposed to own the city with all his great connections and since they were able to con Ponds into coming they have gotten zero city kids. Bashir Ahmed is terrible. Can anyone please come up with a list of all the players that have left or quit under this staff. Loser Alibegovic wanted out so bad but this lazy staff had the magic powers to rerecruit and get that stud to stay. Every big player they have chased they have struck out on. Let's not forget about Zack Brown or this shady recruit coming that was supposed to go to USC. My prediction he never plays a minute in a St John's uniform,. Can someone please tell me how long we are going to have to deal with Mullin for because St John's made such a huge mistake hiring him. Anyone know how Ryaheed Jordan's trial is going??

Was thinking the same on the USC kid. Red flag

Now you are responding to your own posts? First sign that you are going crazy, talking to yourself.

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »
We are SJU

Norm had to come in and clean up Jarvis' mess and he had the program going in one direction. There wasn't the mass exodus of players under him and he actually recruited some local kids which is always more fun and the way St John's always went about their business. He left Lavin a pretty badass team to take over so yes when he left the program it was in very good shape with very little drama. Kudos to Norm he didn't get nearly enough credit

I was about to give you credit for being able to turn on your computer but this has to be Bluto using another sign on.

Ha!  I hear 'ya, WASJU (and, I don't agree with too much stuff you say).  Dude talking about Norm Roberts....  Sheesh!  Norm Roberts may be a cool dude, but please already!  Besides, he left Lavin with a team, in which he could never win with 'em, and a team where Lavin had to recruit an entirely new roster, afterwards.

I wouldn't doubt it's a poster who already has a screenname on here.  Not sure it's Baldi, though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:28:31 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2018, 09:27:13 PM »
We are SJU

Norm had to come in and clean up Jarvis' mess and he had the program going in one direction. There wasn't the mass exodus of players under him and he actually recruited some local kids which is always more fun and the way St John's always went about their business. He left Lavin a pretty badass team to take over so yes when he left the program it was in very good shape with very little drama. Kudos to Norm he didn't get nearly enough credit

I was about to give you credit for being able to turn on your computer but this has to be Bluto using another sign on.

Nah I don't post anything more than 2 sentences

Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »
Whenever we just fall into these big recruits there is a reason. This USC kid will never play here but it will be fun for the fan base to get worked up over. When this staff landed Ponds I was stoked because thought we were going back to basics and recrui in tough local kids who care about representing the city but it has been anything but.

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »
Whenever we just fall into these big recruits there is a reason. This USC kid will never play here but it will be fun for the fan base to get worked up over. When this staff landed Ponds I was stoked because thought we were going back to basics and recrui in tough local kids who care about representing the city but it has been anything but.

The only reason I believe Brooks may never play here is because the shit show may scare him off, and he's yet to sign.  Hopefully, that's not the deal, though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:31:20 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2018, 09:35:54 PM »
The current crap show has nothing to do with it. The kid will be exposed once all the details come out but St John's being lazy and desperate (bad combo) for a big recruit jumped at taking the kid on board and in the meantime kid feels wanted and doesn't feel like he f'ed his life up by taking a couple grand to play college ball. It's really a sad story for everyone involved including some people on this site that get a woody thinking about the guy coming next year. Keep dreaming

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »
Okay so let's see

Players who quit under Mullin staff

Murderer Rysheed Jordan
Chris Obekpa
Fed Mussini
Marcus Lovett

Players who transferred out under Mullin staff

Williams
Ellison
Sima

I know I am forgetting a player or 2 but it is ridiculous. Players must know staff is lazy and they aren't getting better so time to head elsewhere. Gonna be real interesting to see what Ponds does at the end of this year. Sources tell me he is as good as gone
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:42:14 PM by LIjohnnie »

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
Okay so let's see

Murderer Rysheed Jordan
Chris Obekpa
Fed Mussini
Marcus Lovett

Williams
Ellison
Sima

I know I am forgetting a player or 2 but it is ridiculous. Players must know staff is lazy and they aren't getting better so time to head elsewhere. Gonna be real interesting to see what Ponds does at the end of this year. Sources tell me he is as good as gone

To Arizona?

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:10 PM »
I heard Zona, possibly South Carolina or turning pro but I think the pro dreams are slipping away under this staff. Even though I do think Ponds is playing hurt his game is just an all around mess right now.

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2018, 09:50:10 PM »
Okay so let's see

Murderer Rysheed Jordan
Chris Obekpa
Fed Mussini
Marcus Lovett

Williams
Ellison
Sima

Jordan's situation is an attempted murder case, and he has yet to be convicted.  So, let's keep things logical and factual. 

The staff is lethargic outside of Matt A.  I've said it for about a year now.  Unfortunately, most of the roster is regressing or has regressed.  What the heck happened to Yakwe?!  He was always raw, but he looks nothing like the kid who I saw during his freshmen season (especially, towards the end of that season).  He's out there looking like CuJo (Curtis Johnson).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:51:14 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2018, 09:51:18 PM »
There is a 20% chance Ponds is back in a St John's uniform next year

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53:16 PM »
There is a 20% chance Ponds is back in a St John's uniform next year

So you're saying there's a chance. St Johns can finish in last with or without him

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53:32 PM »
Goodnight everybody. Who's up next again. Oh Nova that's right. We just played worst two teams in conference at home where in the world are these wins going to come from???

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2018, 09:56:06 PM »
Marco my brother it doesn't matter as long as Mullin is around who comes back. This will be a bad team till the cycle starts all over again or are you thinking Mikey Dixon will be the savior. Clark and Simon are both good players but far from great players. You need great players to compete in the best conference in all of college basketball

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2018, 09:57:03 PM »
You need great players to compete in the best conference in all of college basketball

Or, solid players and sound direction and coaching.

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58:49 PM »
Marco my brother it doesn't matter as long as Mullin is around who comes back. This will be a bad team till the cycle starts all over again or are you thinking Mikey Dixon will be the savior. Clark and Simon are both good players but far from great players. You need great players to compete in the best conference in all of college basketball

Clark and Simon were scraps from big time programs. Neither are big east starters, role players..I guess. Dixon is ok, but he's coming from a mid pack MAAC team. St Johns needs an Alpha. Or 6

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2018, 10:00:52 PM »

Clark and Simon were scraps from big time programs. Neither are big east starters, role players..I guess. Dixon is ok, but he's coming from a mid pack MAAC team. St Johns needs an Alpha. Or 6

I think they could be starters in the conference, but I don't ever seeing either one being "go to guys" or stars.  As, you stated....  role players.  Although, I think they could be solid, role players.

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2018, 10:03:45 PM »

I think they could be starters in the conference, but I don't ever seeing either one being "go to guys" or stars.  As, you stated....  role players.  Although, I think they could be solid, role players.

Yup. Need a floor leader who can get them where they need to be and in a spot to be successful. Clark stands at the 3 point line like he is waiting for mail to be delivered. Simon is not a facilitator who can create for himself or the team. He needs to get the rock curling to the hoop.

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04:02 PM »
Mjdinkins I totally agree with the you. This team isn't even fun to watch because they are so poorly coached. For the first time in long time and this was when St John's was 10-2 I enjoy watching th Knicks much more because they are well coached and it is good basketball to observe with the eye even though the outcome doesn't always end the way I want it. It's not always about the wins and losses but when it is bad basketball toppled by losses to every good team you have played this year it is just tough to watch
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:06:07 PM by LIjohnnie »

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
What we need is a real coach and staff. Guys who will put the time in in the offseason and know what the hell they are doing  during the season.   Over the past 7 years, because of lack of coaching, kids are not getting better as a team but to some degree individually. Every program needs some studs, but sju is not making the right moves on who should lead  this program, so it won’t matter who comes.