Game 21: Creighton

• 149 replies
Game 21: Creighton
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:13 AM »
+4 in Vegas

Gave my tickets to a guy who is actually really excited to go to the game. Hope he is a good luck charm. Let's go Johnnies.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:47:28 AM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

Poison

Re: Game 21: Creighton
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 01:04:39 AM »
+4 in Vegas

Gave my tickets to a guy who is actually really excited to go to the game. Hope he is a good luck charm. Let's go Johnnies.

Doug McDermott?

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:14:11 PM »
2 star recruit Krampelj + 3 years with McDermot average a double double                                   4 star recruit Yakwe + 3 years with Mullin looks like he never played ball.

QuanMan

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »
Bash's late three against GTown aside, he has to step up and return to where he was around the holidays. Ever since his flu he's been out of sorts. I'll be in the building and don't know what to expect to be honest. Morale has to be at the ultimate low, that bus ride back on 95 Saturday night had to be brutal, only two practice days since.
Section 3
Section 116

ras

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »
I don’t think Bash was 100 percent. The flu lingers. Despite what posters say about him , he is not our problem . Although I think Trimble has potential , he has been playing a lot of minutes lately.Hoping Bash gets to old form , we need him.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:19 PM »
I don’t think Bash was 100 percent. The flu lingers. Despite what posters say about him , he is not our problem . Although I think Trimble has potential , he has been playing a lot of minutes lately.Hoping Bash gets to old form , we need him.
Hope he has a very successful postliminary ST John's life.  I am however looking forward to the conclusion of his playing career here.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 07:00:18 PM »
Press with Owens up top

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 07:04:03 PM »
74-71 St. John's.

Wonder if Lovett can commute to CA

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 07:15:22 PM »
Press with Owens up top

You want him to foul out in 5 mins?

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 07:21:05 PM »
Press with Owens up top

You want him to foul out in 5 mins?

He does that under the basket

goredmen

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »
Press with Owens up top

So you want to take a guy whose only real skill is blocking shots and move him as far away from the basket as possible? Bold strategy Cotton

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 07:29:10 PM »
Press with Owens up top

So you want to take a guy whose only real skill is blocking shots and move him as far away from the basket as possible? Bold strategy Cotton
Putting a tall kid who is really athletic would work really well in a HS game. Not sure it would work in division 1. Not sure it would work against Greg McDermott. When we do press, I think it’s a good idea.

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
Press with Owens up top

Putting a tall kid who is really athletic would work really well in a HS game. Not sure it would work in division 1. Not sure it would work against Greg McDermott. When we do press, I think it’s a good idea.

So when they inevitably break the press your only rim protector as at half court and Marvin Clark who has a 3 inch vertical has to try and block or alter a layup attempt. If Owens doesn't get in foul trouble putting him at the top of the press is a good way to make sure he still doesn't play big minutes since he'll be exhausted before halftime

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 07:41:10 PM »
Press with Owens up top

So when they inevitably break the press your only rim protector as at half court and Marvin Clark who has a 3 inch vertical has to try and block or alter a layup attempt. If Owens doesn't get in foul trouble putting him at the top of the press is a good way to make sure he still doesn't play big minutes since he'll be exhausted before halftime
You could sub him. Call time outs. Go zone. Plenty of ways to rest him. We need to do something different. Yakwe can play some more minutes early.
The rim protection is kind of over rated in my opinion.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
Press with Owens up top

Blocked shots are great when you actually recover the ball. I think it's an overrated stat. Georgetown's 3 bigs all had 16+ points last game. Kanter ate his lunch the game before. Time for something different. Start Yakwe and put him at the top for the first few minutes

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 08:14:18 PM »
Double digit win
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22:09 PM »
St. John’s is giving up 83.9 points per big east game
Gre mcdermot is 99-9 when his team scores 80 plus

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 08:39:25 PM »
Have to look to get Thomas in foul trouble. Him hounding ponds all game will be tough.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »
Have to look to get Thomas in foul trouble. Him hounding ponds all game will be tough.

Yup. Ponds needs to take it to the rack. Don't rely on the 3

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »
Just get off the schneid tonight....