Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3040 on: March 21, 2017, 07:34:51 PM »
Per Goodman, another hit for the Hoyas

Georgetown's LJ Peak is forgoing his senior season, intends to sign with agent, sources told ESPN. Gets worse... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Lol. Can't get out of that place fast enough

« Reply #3041 on: March 21, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
Ouch. They are going to be cellar dwellers.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #3042 on: March 21, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
Peak is awful. Maybe he and Lovett can room together in Azerbaijan.

« Reply #3043 on: March 21, 2017, 08:14:19 PM »

He's not awful at all.  He could find himself in the mid-to-latter half of the 2nd round with a good workout.  If not, then he'll get invited to some NBA team summer camp.

I said, there would be more hits coming to Georgetown, and they're not done with the hits.

« Reply #3044 on: March 21, 2017, 08:55:01 PM »
Seton Hall G Dalton Soffer (SO) is leaving the program. (HT @GamepointNation) verbalcommits.com/players/dalton…

« Reply #3045 on: March 21, 2017, 08:56:45 PM »
Per Rothstein

Seton Hall's Angel Delgado and Khadeen Carrington will both enter the 2017 NBA Draft, but won't hire an agent, per multiple sources. #shbb

« Reply #3046 on: March 21, 2017, 08:57:58 PM »
Peak ain't awful. He was a pretty good player with great size for the position who would be even better next year as a senior. Don't love him but don't think he is awful

« Reply #3047 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
That board might be on melt down mode right now

Per Rothstein

Seton Hall's Angel Delgado and Khadeen Carrington will both enter the 2017 NBA Draft, but won't hire an agent, per multiple sources. #shbb

« Reply #3048 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »
Peak ain't awful. He was a pretty good player with great size for the position who would be even better next year as a senior. Don't love him but don't think he is awful

Another wasted career at Georgetown under JT3

goredmen

« Reply #3049 on: March 21, 2017, 09:01:29 PM »

Per Rothstein

Meh. Guys entering the draft without hiring an agent is pretty standard stuff these days. They shouldn't be freaking out just yet. I think both guys end up returning

« Reply #3050 on: March 21, 2017, 09:29:19 PM »

Per Rothstein

Meh. Guys entering the draft without hiring an agent is pretty standard stuff these days. They shouldn't be freaking out just yet. I think both guys end up returning

There's a good chance Delgado may not return.  I definitely believe Carrington returns.

« Reply #3051 on: March 21, 2017, 10:34:59 PM »

He's not awful at all.  He could find himself in the mid-to-latter half of the 2nd round with a good workout.  If not, then he'll get invited to some NBA team summer camp.

I said, there would be more hits coming to Georgetown, and they're not done with the hits.
With Marillac players are either awful or incredible.  ;)

paultzman

« Reply #3052 on: March 28, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »
Sumner of Xavier declares for draft. Sounds from his announcement he will hire an agent.

« Reply #3053 on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:06 PM »
Sumner of Xavier declares for draft. Sounds from his announcement he will hire an agent.

I'm not particularly surprised.  Although, I thought there was a slight chance he'd return due to his injury.  But, that was also probably a reason to move on.  He's also already 21 years old.  He'll probably end up being a late, first rounder, too.

« Reply #3054 on: March 28, 2017, 01:59:24 PM »

I'm not particularly surprised.  Although, I thought there was a slight chance he'd return due to his injury.  But, that was also probably a reason to move on.  He's also already 21 years old.  He'll probably end up being a late, first rounder, too.

I was thinking mid 2nd round at best. Can't see NBA teams using a 1st rounder on a ?

« Reply #3055 on: March 28, 2017, 02:01:27 PM »

I was thinking mid 2nd round at best. Can't see NBA teams using a 1st rounder on a ?

You could be right.  That's probably worst case scenario for Sumner.

« Reply #3056 on: March 28, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »

Pre injury an absolute first rounder. If he's not guaranteed to be chosen in round 1, he should come back and prove himself

« Reply #3057 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »

Pre injury an absolute first rounder. If he's not guaranteed to be chosen in round 1, he should come back and prove himself
Better to rehab with the team that drafts you. If medical reports are good no reason if talent is first round he won't go in first round.

QuanMan

« Reply #3058 on: March 28, 2017, 02:46:47 PM »
Oddly enough he can have the same trajectory as former Xavier phenom Semaj Christon, who fought through OKC's farm system before emerging into their rotation this year. A NBA talent for sure.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #3059 on: April 02, 2017, 08:03:50 PM »
Pete Thamel of SI.com says Georgetown is the laughingstock of Final 4:

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/02/georgetown-coaching-search-hoyas-thompson