Under Armour

• 576 replies
Re: Under Armour
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
I don't know if you guys saw this on RM, but I figured it's worth cross-posting.   Credit to Firestorm for posting it..

Well, this item on Paul Lukas's uni-watch.com is interesting:

"A little birdie tells me that St. John’s may (a) switch from Nike to Under Armour, (b) bring back blue, (c) go back to “SJU” instead of “STJ,” and (d) swap “Johnny Thunderbird” for a cartoon caricature of Lou Carnesecca with an “LC” on the chest."

And as I posted over there.
The 2nd part of D is phony but the rest is legit.

i'm sorry, but what is "bring back blue"?

We used to have blue in uniforms.  I heard its very subtle.  Nothing substantial.

You mad moose? :)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »
I don't know if you guys saw this on RM, but I figured it's worth cross-posting.   Credit to Firestorm for posting it..

"A little birdie tells me that St. John’s may (a) switch from Nike to Under Armour, (b) bring back blue, (c) go back to “SJU” instead of “STJ,” and (d) swap “Johnny Thunderbird” for a cartoon caricature of Lou Carnesecca with an “LC” on the chest."

We used to have blue in uniforms.  I heard its very subtle.  Nothing substantial.

Only recommendations to date. Nothing is final
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »

Way to kill my vibe.

Moose

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »

Way to kill my vibe.

;)

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »
Thinking of the American flag color scheme, don't we veer a bit too close to DePaul?

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2013, 05:51:10 PM »
I dont think it'd be a primary color of ours, something like this

boo3

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
I dont think it'd be a primary color of ours, something like this

Agreed.. I think the Hatten years also had a tad of blue.. Nothing to get panties in a bunch about.

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2013, 07:28:57 PM »
If I recall correctly, DePaul also has a primary red with blue lettering jersey but whatever...I'm sure it will be very different than what any of us can imagine. Personally I would love for them to use the gray color scheme from last year just with different design in terms of font/logo.

Moose

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2013, 08:39:38 PM »
If I recall correctly, DePaul also has a primary red with blue lettering jersey but whatever...I'm sure it will be very different than what any of us can imagine. Personally I would love for them to use the gray color scheme from last year just with different design in terms of font/logo.

DePaul has a red jersey?

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »

DePaul has a red jersey?

Also...for those interested:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:11:36 PM by RedStormyNight »

Moose

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »
And that was primary? Or secondary like our black and gray experiment

desco80

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2013, 11:01:34 PM »
We have a long history of navy in our uniforms.   I don't know what thread it's in but I posted pictures from over the years when Mase first brought up the blue thing. 

I have no problem if that's a secondary or third color.  And I imagine it will be navy, not depauls royal blue.   

I also think switching to "Johnnies" is the best of mostly shitty options. 

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »
My only problem with the name Johnnies is "The St. John's Johnnies" is awkward to say.  I'm sure I would get used to it though and it's sure as hell better than Red Storm.

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2013, 12:12:09 AM »
That actually makes me wonder, with the rumored switch back to SJU perhaps they will re-brand us as the SJU Johnnies.  Kind of like USC or UNLV. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:12:28 AM by STJ11Redmen »

Moose

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »
That actually makes me wonder, with the rumored switch back to SJU perhaps they will re-brand us as the SJU Johnnies.  Kind of like USC or UNLV. 

Not following your comparisons. Can you elaborate

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2013, 01:06:43 AM »

Not following your comparisons. Can you elaborate

Like how nobody says the Southern California Trojans or Nevada Las Vegas Runnin Rebels.  I wonder if the school will promote the athletic teams as the SJU Johnnies as opposed to the St. John's Johnnies.  St. John's Johnnies just sounds weird.

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2013, 01:10:45 AM »
Of course we would have to change our name first for that to even be considered but I'm just speculating.

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2013, 01:46:05 AM »
I can't really think of a name that wouldn't sound bad at first.

One thing for sure is that we have one of, if not the worst, nickname in college bball.

SJUFAN

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2013, 03:42:20 AM »
That actually makes me wonder, with the rumored switch back to SJU perhaps they will re-brand us as the SJU Johnnies.

That is the first I heard of that. SJU is the intellectual property of Saint Joe's. I'm sure they would have something to say about that.   

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2013, 05:40:02 AM »
I can't really think of a name that wouldn't sound bad at first.

One thing for sure is that we have one of, if not the worst, nickname in college bball.

I kinda like it....