Naz Reid, C, Roselle Catholic, NJ?

• 123 replies
Re: Naz Reid, C, Roselle Catholic, NJ?
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
Recent interview with Wu. Doesn't even mention us...and he mentioned a lot of schools. Not a good sign I would imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7hO1gDrJRE

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2017, 10:25:50 PM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_
Class of 2018 PF Nazreon Reid has cut his list down to Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Seton Hall, LSU, Rutgers, UCLA, UConn, UNC & Arizona.

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2017, 10:32:21 PM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_
Class of 2018 PF Nazreon Reid has cut his list down to Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Seton Hall, LSU, Rutgers, UCLA, UConn, UNC & Arizona.
Wow we aren't on it but SH and Rutgers are?

MCNPA

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
As Paultz said, we have a better shot at Moses... I'm ok with that...

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:30 PM »

Yes.

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:19 PM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_

He's not going to either one of them either.  These top 10s are a joke anyway.  When someone gives you a top 10 what they really are saying is I have a top 3 and the rest I just like to see them at my games in July even though they have no shot.

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »
If we get him. We are going to need front court players losing Ahmed and AliB with an already thin front line.

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2017, 10:42:42 PM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_

He's not going to either one of them either.  These top 10s are a joke anyway.  When someone gives you a top 10 what they really are saying is I have a top 3 and the rest I just like to see them at my games in July even though they have no shot.
Well than I guess he doesn't want to see Matt, Mo and the gang.

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2017, 10:55:47 PM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_

Well than I guess he doesn't want to see Matt, Mo and the gang.

Brown and Reid are both going to be tough but Paultzman is right they seem to be much tighter with Moses.  Either way even if they made his top 10 I would not care much.  Top 10s are a joke, nobody believes he is seriously considering all 10.  Always wake me up when they have a top 3 or 4 and SJU is in it.

The intriguing guy on 2018 is Little.  Staff is really pushing on that kid.  Dying to see where SJU stands with him.

MCNPA

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »
If we get him. We are going to need front court players losing Ahmed and AliB with an already thin front line.

I'd rather land Wilson to replace Ahmed, and have more wide net for frontcourt which I assume we will.  Can't count on Moses...

QuanMan

« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2017, 12:51:11 AM »
How is this not a colossal failure after the countless amount of supporting quotes from Reid himself in to the 2+ years wasted on HS/AAU visits?

Since Day1 of the Mullin regime Naz has been near priority #1 alongside Luther. IMO this is the equivalent to losing out on Luther. To not even make his top 10 just adds to the disgrace that has been the 2017 recruiting season.

The Jessica Turberry months were agonizing enough. Not picking up 1 JUCO to next years potent lineup over the Spring Signing period has been infuriating, in accordance we then lose Malik and Darien from last years roster and now this. The pressure to land Sid is at a all time high. Earn your pay raise Abs, this 3 month period has been simply inexcusable. Our momentum is at the lowest its been since Lavs left in March of 2015.

Moses isn't HALF the player that Naz is. Not even Top10? I'm at a loss right now, others should feel the same.
Section 3
Section 116

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2017, 01:04:20 AM »
Lol man..... just embarrassing. Kept hearing Naz was a priority for years now. To not even make his top 10 is just a gut punch.

goredmen

Re: Re: Naz Reid, C, Roselle Catholic, NJ?
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2017, 01:31:44 AM »
How is this not a colossal failure after the countless amount of supporting quotes from Reid himself in to the 2+ years wasted on HS/AAU visits?

Since Day1 of the Mullin regime Naz has been near priority #1 alongside Luther. IMO this is the equivalent to losing out on Luther. To not even make his top 10 just adds to the disgrace that has been the 2017 recruiting season.

The Jessica Turberry months were agonizing enough. Not picking up 1 JUCO to next years potent lineup over the Spring Signing period has been infuriating, in accordance we then lose Malik and Darien from last years roster and now this. The pressure to land Sid is at a all time high. Earn your pay raise Abs, this 3 month period has been simply inexcusable. Our momentum is at the lowest its been since Lavs left in March of 2015.

Moses isn't HALF the player that Naz is. Not even Top10? I'm at a loss right now, others should feel the same.

It's fine to be upset that we aren't in the running for Naz anymore, but Moses is a future NBA player. Pretty sure he's a little more than half the player Naz is

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2017, 01:35:51 AM »
Sounds like some of you have Yesman cards that have expired.  :2funny: Let the blowback begin (probably tomorrow morning).  :D

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2017, 01:47:58 AM »
So ummm this monster 2018 class we were in good shape for.... is only Luther?   At best if he even really wants to come here?

Damn.

Foad

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2017, 06:47:41 AM »

colossal failure

disgrace 

agonizing

infuriating

inexcusable

Hysterical

« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2017, 07:13:44 AM »

colossal failure

disgrace 

agonizing

infuriating

inexcusable

Hysterical

+1 , Reid blew up and had the blues all over him. The staff trys and in this case these kids think they are 1 and done. Where you gonna play that 1? Either KU,Duke or Kansas usually.

Moose

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2017, 07:40:06 AM »

I don't follow recruiting as much as I used to but isn't Moses a Top 10 player in his class?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »
Maybe some of our assistant coaches need to be replaced with recruiters. I don't know what they are contributing from a coaching standpoint, but the results say not much.

Foad

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »
Maybe some of our assistant coaches need to be replaced with recruiters. I don't know what they are contributing from a coaching standpoint, but the results say not much.

Don't understand why you're so upset? Kid's obviously a sissy who couldn't take the pressure of playing in NYC. Let him go to North Carolina or Kansas or some other backwater and good riddance.