Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY

• 169 replies
Re: Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2016, 07:33:32 PM »
Happy we are no longer pursuing this kid.

Let's just say that there's a lot more to this story, he wasn't going to be readmitted into Stepinac in two weeks. This was a 'late decision' if you catch my drift.

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2017, 12:16:23 PM »
Just popped for Duke.  No surprise once they offered and he visited he wasn't going anywhere else.

MCNPA

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2017, 12:36:19 PM »
Syracuse fans are up in arms.  I'm rather enjoying it...

Moose

« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »
Over under 1.5 years before transferring
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »

Exactly, think he is punching above his weight class and K will recruit over him in 2 seconds.

« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2017, 02:16:19 PM »

I was thinking the same, per transferring in a year or two.

MCNPA

« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »
Man... kid has only played 14 minutes all season.  Doesn’t even get off the bench in their routs...  kid coulda been getting big minutes at lots of other programs including ours...

Marillac

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2017, 11:05:30 PM »
Man... kid has only played 14 minutes all season.  Doesn’t even get off the bench in their routs...  kid coulda been getting big minutes at lots of other programs including ours...

Won't get much better for him next year with RJ Barrett and Cameron Reddish as near locks for top 5 picks in the 2019 draft at SF and SG. He should cut his losses now.

paultzman

« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2017, 11:44:20 AM »

Won't get much better for him next year with RJ Barrett and Cameron Reddish as near locks for top 5 picks in the 2019 draft at SF and SG. He should cut his losses now.

Very soft player with inflated view of his abilities.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »

Maybe he can transfer to Iona. Seems like a good fit....

Poison

« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »
Quite often these kids don’t realize how much competition there is at the highest level of D1. Tucker would probably be taking his lumps at Uconn or SU, but at least he’d be out there playing.

« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2017, 08:12:28 PM »

Be nice off the bench

Poison

« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2017, 08:52:58 PM »
He’s a better fit at Uconn or SU. Two teams that can’t shoot.

Moose

« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2017, 03:42:52 AM »

Cluess would eat him alive
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »

Cluess would eat him alive

How do we know what kid shows up in two years?

« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »
Good players can be overrated and it doesn't take away from the fact they are good players. I think Jordan can be a productive college basketball player but at this point I think his hype outweighs his impact.

If Jordan is a going to be a 3 and D guy. He's gonna have to get better at shooting + better at defense.

I think this still rings true.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2017, 03:34:11 PM »
Good players can be overrated and it doesn't take away from the fact they are good players. I think Jordan can be a productive college basketball player but at this point I think his hype outweighs his impact.

If Jordan is a going to be a 3 and D guy. He's gonna have to get better at shooting + better at defense.

I think this still rings true.

I remember the hype with Jordan in the beginning. And at that time we heard about a kid with no father in the picture who helped his sick mother take care of his siblings. He was also a great talent. But it was his behavior when he got here that outweighed his performance. The hype was over once he started playing. Tucker just seems like a kid who wanted the fame more than he wanted to work for it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 06:44:16 PM by Poison »

« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »
Transferring....what a shocker...

paultzman

« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2017, 07:16:46 PM »
Still waiting for first time Tucker dives for a loose ball. Soft & another kid with inflated sense of his abilities in my opinion.

« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2017, 10:09:26 PM »
Raleigh News Observer interviewed him.  Just don't understand what he was thinking, he was never going to sniff the court the next 2 years.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/duke-now/article192392054.html