Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY

• 169 replies
Re: Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 04:51:04 PM »
Good players can be overrated and it doesn't take away from the fact they are good players. I think Jordan can be a productive college basketball player but at this point I think his hype outweighs his impact.

If Jordan is a going to be a 3 and D guy. He's gonna have to get better at shooting + better at defense.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  2h2 hours ago
2017 wing Jordan Tucker @Therealjtucks is planning on taking an unofficial to St. John's this weekend, he tells @SNYtv. Mullin saw last week

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »
Now that the summer AAU season has come and gone, Tucker is now back in his New York state of mind and focused on leading Stepinac but his recruiting has also ramped up. At the start of the September live period, he received visits from St John's Head Coach Chris Mullin and Villanova Head Coach Jay Wright.

Lew Tucker tells NYCHoops.net his son will take visits to, "Syracuse, UConn, Villanova, Maryland and St Johns this Fall. At the end of this month, North Carolina and UCLA will be visiting him. Jordan new offers are Kansas, USC, NC State."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1803072

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
Guess all these big time schools just don't realize Tucker is just not worth it.  ::) ??? :o :-\

ras

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 12:58:05 PM »
Guess all these big time schools just don't realize Tucker is just not worth it.  ::) ??? :o :-\
I was about to write the same thing. For an overrated player, he sure has an impressive list of schools after him.

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 11:57:31 AM »
Adam Zagoria
‏@AdamZagoria
2017 wing @Therealjtucks Jordan Tucker will now take an unofficial to St. John's next weekend.

QuanMan

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2015, 12:18:32 PM »
The Juice Man ‏@Therealjtucks  1h1 hour ago Bronx, NY
Where are my SJU fans⁉️ Should I stay home⁉️😏 @StJohnsBBall  #REDSTORM
Section 3
Section 116

jsk

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
Yes Indeed! :D

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »

Of course I have answered. Yes!!!

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »

All the kids crave too much attention and we all give it to them.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »
@Therealjtucks: Excited to take my unofficial visit later today at St. Johns #redstorm

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2015, 11:04:06 AM »
Jordan Tucker , a 6-foot-7 2017 wing from White Plains (N.Y.) Archbishop Stepinac, took an unofficial visit to St. John’s on Friday and enjoyed it.

“It was good,” he said. “I just went to work out and play.”

Tucker, ranked No. 30 in the 2017 ESPN 60, played an open gym with the team, which includes nine newcomers under first-year coach Chris Mullin.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/jordan-tucker-takes-unofficial-to-st-johns-maryland-up-next/

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »
Hopefully I'll get to chat with the head coach if he's around when I am up end of October.  I had a quick chat with the B team coach in June - great guy, young, lots of energy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:22:11 PM by bball purist »

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2015, 04:09:18 PM »
@Josh_Stirn: Add Jordan Tucker to what's expected to be a long list of visitors for Maryland Madness http://t.co/eZRS5BL6Cw http://t.co/yHn2q2C9cI

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2015, 05:20:07 PM »
@Josh_Stirn: Add Jordan Tucker to what's expected to be a long list of visitors for Maryland Madness http://t.co/eZRS5BL6Cw http://t.co/yHn2q2C9cI
I'll be there on the 15th, then back up to NY to see what's up on alumni weekend a few weeks later.  As I said a little while back, I heard at alumni golf outing in June he really likes school now after adjustment from WPHS.  Maybe bodes well for SJ's or Villanova???

paultzman

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
@zsmart3: Maryland, St. john's and Villanova showing the most consistent interest in 6-7 Stepinac Jr. Jordan Tucker. Miami N NC State now in the mix

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
The fact that Mullin is a Hall of Famer, playing the same position with the same size as Tucker is huge, and will play a big role as Tucker says he does see Mullin as someone he believes can get him to where he wants to be, but he is cautious and wants to make sure.

A way Tucker says he can make sure is by watching St. John's extremely closely this season. Tucker mentioned incoming freshman Malik Ellison as someone he will really keep a close eye on to see how Mullin helps develops his game, and see if he can truly make an impact in developing big guards.

"I think a lot of people want to see what he is going to do his first year," Tucker explained. "I really want to see what he does with the kid Malik Ellison. He is a 6'6" guard and I want to see how he handles a kid like that at my position. That is something I will definitely be watching."

Tucker loves what he sees so far from Mullin and the new St. John's way, but he isn't ready to make any commitment yet. He has an unofficial lined up for Maryland this coming weekend, and even though he is feeling out his other options, he admits he is strongly considering the Red Storm, and considering them way more than he was at this point 8 months ago.

There is a lot to love about St. John's in Tucker's eyes, and he is admits he is excited to see how things play out for this season for them. He will have a tough choice to make when he does eventually make his college decision, and staying home now and playing for the Red Storm certainly is something that now looks appealing to New York's next big star.

"It means a lot to me. It means a lot to know they really interested and want me to stay home and play at Madison Square Garden," Tucker said. "I am a New York kid and they want me to be a part of things and carry on the New York tradition and that is something appealing and something I am very much going to consider."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1813248

Wods317

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »
The fact that Mullin is a Hall of Famer, playing the same position with the same size as Tucker is huge, and will play a big role as Tucker says he does see Mullin as someone he believes can get him to where he wants to be, but he is cautious and wants to make sure.

A way Tucker says he can make sure is by watching St. John's extremely closely this season. Tucker mentioned incoming freshman Malik Ellison as someone he will really keep a close eye on to see how Mullin helps develops his game, and see if he can truly make an impact in developing big guards.

"I think a lot of people want to see what he is going to do his first year," Tucker explained. "I really want to see what he does with the kid Malik Ellison. He is a 6'6" guard and I want to see how he handles a kid like that at my position. That is something I will definitely be watching."

Tucker loves what he sees so far from Mullin and the new St. John's way, but he isn't ready to make any commitment yet. He has an unofficial lined up for Maryland this coming weekend, and even though he is feeling out his other options, he admits he is strongly considering the Red Storm, and considering them way more than he was at this point 8 months ago.

There is a lot to love about St. John's in Tucker's eyes, and he is admits he is excited to see how things play out for this season for them. He will have a tough choice to make when he does eventually make his college decision, and staying home now and playing for the Red Storm certainly is something that now looks appealing to New York's next big star.

"It means a lot to me. It means a lot to know they really interested and want me to stay home and play at Madison Square Garden," Tucker said. "I am a New York kid and they want me to be a part of things and carry on the New York tradition and that is something appealing and something I am very much going to consider."

Very impressed by this kids approach. Just from reading the little but he said in that article it seems like a very mature attitude to have. I don't think you can blame any recruit for wanting to see how Mullin coaches and how his team improves throughout the year before committing. Sounds like we have a good shot with this kid.

Poison

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »

Very impressed by this kids approach. Just from reading the little but he said in that article it seems like a very mature attitude to have. I don't think you can blame any recruit for wanting to see how Mullin coaches and how his team improves throughout the year before committing. Sounds like we have a good shot with this kid.

He sounds really bright. Stepinac ain't no joke. You gotta really work there. He wants to see how Mullin coaches Ellison. Kid sounds like a future coach himself.

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St. John's assistant Matt Abdelmassih was at Archbishop Stepinac today to see top-rated junior wing Jordan Tucker, per source. #sjubb