Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA

• 243 replies
Re: Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2018, 02:07:43 AM »
Per Rivals....

St. John’s (on J’Raan Brooks and his recent commitment): “They haven’t talked to me about it yet but they are still recruiting me the same way. We do know each other. We played on the same team at adidas Nations so we have a good relationship there.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-jordan-brown-still-considering-seven-before-spring-signing

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »
Per Rivals....

St. John’s (on J’Raan Brooks and his recent commitment): “They haven’t talked to me about it yet but they are still recruiting me the same way. We do know each other. We played on the same team at adidas Nations so we have a good relationship there.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-jordan-brown-still-considering-seven-before-spring-signing
Nah, we good man. Why would we want the #12 rated recruit in the country when we are in last place in the conference with zero wins? Why recruit over the Yakwe's and AliB's of the world? We good.

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2018, 04:26:32 PM »
Not going to happen.  They will look to add a guard late to replace Lovett maybe Griffin, but other than that and barring any further roster changes the 2018-19 roster is basically set:

Guards: Dixon, Ponds, Simons, Trimble, Williams (Maybe Griffin)
Forwards/Big Men: Keita, Owens, Yakwe, Roberts, Brooks, Clark, Diakite

lihoop

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2018, 04:56:31 PM »
Who is Griffin?

goredmen

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2018, 04:57:25 PM »
Not going to happen.  They will look to add a guard late to replace Lovett maybe Griffin, but other than that and barring any further roster changes the 2018-19 roster is basically set:

I find it exremely hard to believe that a couple guys won't leave and we won't explore the transfer market especially the grad transfer market

paultzman

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »

Sense in face of limited PT Yakwe departs. Matt possibly is looking at Marcellus Earlington, undersized power player from Don Bosco HS in NJ to assess his skill level.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:08:22 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2018, 05:20:54 PM »

I find it exremely hard to believe that a couple guys won't leave and we won't explore the transfer market especially the grad transfer market

Grad transfer can go both ways.  Owens should be eligible.

Pete88

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2018, 05:32:17 PM »

Owens would be crazy to go, who else is going to let him shoot 3 or 4 threes per game?

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2018, 05:33:26 PM »

Owens would be crazy to go, who else is going to let him shoot 3 or 4 threes per game?

You know where

Pete88

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »

You know where

Xavier.  Word on the street

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »

Sense in face of limited PT Yakwe departs. Matt possibly is looking at Marcellus Earlington, undersized power player from Don Bosco HS in NJ to assess his skill level.
Are you Carnack? How do you "sense" these things?  ;)

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2018, 06:34:53 PM »

I am not saying he will or he won't, I'm just saying he could.

Moose

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2018, 11:36:28 PM »

Who replaces Ponds ?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2018, 11:40:29 PM »

Who replaces Ponds ?

Streams...point guard for Don Bosco

« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »
Anybody with inside knowledge have any clue how much time we're investing recruiting this kid?  I love hearing that we're still in the mix but the kid saying we haven't yet discussed getting Brooks with him makes absolute zero sense to me if we're in regular communication with him.

« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »
Andrew Slater reporting St.  Jean going to see JB tomorrow.

Marillac

« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2018, 08:19:41 PM »

Initial reaction is that we don't have a chance, but his school list makes it possible. Cal is way worse than us this year. UCLA is not much better than us. 

I actually feel better that St. Jean is handling this.

« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »

Initial reaction is that we don't have a chance, but his school list makes it possible. Cal is way worse than us this year. UCLA is not much better than us. 

My

My understanding is that UCLA has quite the logjam of front court players.  Who knows what our chances truly are but I'm glad to see staff trying to stay in the mix.  Would be one of the highest rated recruits in our history.