Joey Baker, SG, NC

• 8 replies

paultzman

Joey Baker, SG, NC
« on: April 25, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »

Zachary Lyon‏ @F150Zach

St. John's has now offered 2019 G/F Joey Baker of Team Felton (NC), per his Twitter account. @Joey_bvker

Re: Joey Baker, SG, NC
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »

Zachary Lyon‏ @F150Zach

St. John's has now offered 2019 G/F Joey Baker of Team Felton (NC), per his Twitter account. @Joey_bvker

Highly-rated prospect out of Fayetteville.  He's probably coveting a Duke and/or UNC offer.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:52:15 PM »
https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/north-carolina-sf-gets-st-john-s-offer

College coaches all around the country are paying close attention to the Trinity Christian (NC) forward and will continuously monitor him this summer. St. John’s will be among them after assistant coach Mitch Richmond reached out to Bakers representatives to extend a scholarship offer.

While Baker is still completely open with his recruitment, coach Cannon believes that the thought of playing under a coach like Chris Mullin could be beneficial and wouldn’t rule out the opportunity. “With me being familiar with Mitch [Richmond] and players, I couldn’t think of a better tutor for a kid like Joey Baker than Chris Mullin,” he said. “There are a lot of similarities there as far as their scoring ability and all that. I think if he was able to pick someone’s brain like that, that’s always a positive.”

In terms of location, it’s close to home for Baker. Despite playing in North Carolina at the moment, calling New York his home isn’t something that will scare Baker away from the opportunity. “Joey’s a northeastern kid. He’s from Boston, so playing in the northeast isn’t something that would be out of the question for him,” he said. “So, it will be interesting to see where he goes but it definitely wouldn’t be a bad situation to be under the tutelage of coach Mullin and coach Richmond.”

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:19:59 PM »
I love Joey Baker but if he leaves the state I'd be shocked.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 11:04:24 PM »

College coaches all around the country are paying close attention to the Trinity Christian (NC) forward and will continuously monitor him this summer. St. John’s will be among them after assistant coach Mitch Richmond reached out to Bakers representatives to extend a scholarship offer.

While Baker is still completely open with his recruitment, coach Cannon believes that the thought of playing under a coach like Chris Mullin could be beneficial and wouldn’t rule out the opportunity. “With me being familiar with Mitch [Richmond] and players, I couldn’t think of a better tutor for a kid like Joey Baker than Chris Mullin,” he said. “There are a lot of similarities there as far as their scoring ability and all that. I think if he was able to pick someone’s brain like that, that’s always a positive.”

In terms of location, it’s close to home for Baker. Despite playing in North Carolina at the moment, calling New York his home isn’t something that will scare Baker away from the opportunity. “Joey’s a northeastern kid. He’s from Boston, so playing in the northeast isn’t something that would be out of the question for him,” he said. “So, it will be interesting to see where he goes but it definitely wouldn’t be a bad situation to be under the tutelage of coach Mullin and coach Richmond.”

Love the quotes. The Mullin/Richmond NBA HOF effect to the fullest extent.
Section 3
Section 116

Johnny23

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
A 5 star kid who plays his HS ball on Tobacco Road isn't coming to this program in its current state. Now if the team suddenly starts making deep tourney runs over the next few years then maybe we have a puncher's chance. But that is also highly unlikely.

Wods317

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »

Love the quotes. The Mullin/Richmond NBA HOF effect to the fullest extent.

Exactly, we may not land this kid but a couple successful seasons may have recruits singing a different tune.

QuanMan

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »
Joey Baker‏ @Joey_bvker  33m33 minutes ago
More
 Georgia Tech has offered 🐝⚫️ pic.twitter.com/7loSk8r31M
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 10:00:50 AM »
Highly-rated prospect out of Fayetteville.  He's probably coveting a Duke and/or UNC offer.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/10/29/duke-lands-class-2019-star-joey-baker/