Need players

• 126 replies
Re: Need players
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »
Dude, are you all there? I said when your fire a coach the consequences can be felt for years after unless you hire someone like Jamie Dixon. You turned that into "by your belief there is never a good reason to fire a coach." Do you not see how those two statements are worlds apart? Jesus Christ. There are plenty of good reasons to fire a coach:  if he molested or assaulted players, if he doesn't get top recruits, if he can't demonstrate a reasonable pattern of imorovement, etc. Please show me where I eliminated those possibilities for firing a coach in my very brief posts. For your truly absurd statement to be true, you must be able to prove that.

Man, don't attempt to play me.  That is what you said in many ways.  You've retracted what you said, fabricator.  Manipulating what you stated. 

You don't know whether you have Jamie Dixon or not, unless you've hired a mannequin.  Even if it's dumb or blind luck, you won't know until after a handful of seasons. 

So, stop BS, dude.  The only one absurd is you, bullshitter.  Besides, no one knew what Jamie Dixon could do until he got a moved out of the assistant seat to the head coach seat.  Pitt would've never known what they had if they didn't hire him.  The only thing you likely knew about Jamie Dixon that he was an assistant with Pitt.  Heck!  You might've not known that until he was hired to be the head coach.

You stick to your guns, and I'll stick to mine.

Amar's defense > Your logical reasoning

I see now that you are working with an IQ in the Marcus Lovett Sr. realm. I guess that explains all the commas. I really hope you just had too much to drink tonight.

Not even close to having any drinks.  Nah, you're just a full of shit know-it-all.  That about sums it up. 

Ha. Ouch...

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2018, 10:29:19 PM »
That was fun
It was also foad. Getting back to the title of this thread NEED PLAYERS I agree.In fact IMO we need 4-5 NBA players for Mullin to be competitive. If he stays around hopefully with the players he does have he can win enough games to attract that many talented players to have on his roster. Think the Brooks kid may be a start unless there is some hidden (at least to us) problem with this kid that always seems to dog this program (ie. Pelle, Zach Brown).

Do you think we have an nba player on the current roster?
Besides Mullin and Richmond and maybe Matt, no not right now. Think Ponds if he becomes a true point guard has the potential as well as Simon if he improves his shot and tightens up his ball handling. Also think if there is an apocalypse and AliB is the last human on earth then maybe him too.

I think Ponds is close to being that true point guard. Surprised his passing doesn't get talked about more honestly. 5 assists is a real good number for college guards especially while scoring 20 and having limited options.

But on your first point, if you consider simon to be at that level of nba caliber, then I would say we need 3-4 more.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2018, 11:08:38 PM »
That was fun
It was also foad. Getting back to the title of this thread NEED PLAYERS I agree.In fact IMO we need 4-5 NBA players for Mullin to be competitive. If he stays around hopefully with the players he does have he can win enough games to attract that many talented players to have on his roster. Think the Brooks kid may be a start unless there is some hidden (at least to us) problem with this kid that always seems to dog this program (ie. Pelle, Zach Brown).

Who besides UK and Duke ever has 4-5 NBA players? There are six NBA players in the entire Big East: Bridges, Khyri Thomas, Ponds, Spellman, Brunson and Macura. Delgado and Martin have a chance as well.

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »
That was fun

Who besides UK and Duke ever has 4-5 NBA players? There are six NBA players in the entire Big East: Bridges, Khyri Thomas, Ponds, Spellman, Brunson and Macura. Delgado and Martin have a chance as well.
We did. Mullin, Berry, Wennington, Jackson, Shelton Jones, Ron Rowan. That's six on one team. I said 4-5  for Mullin to be successful due to his lack of coaching acumen.

« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:46 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that if a new thread was started entitled: "Best Dressed Redmen Player", the next post would discuss how Mullin can't coach and should fall on his sword like a Japanese samurai. And he should have picked out the clothing for each player, which Danny Hurley excels at. But to stick to the topic, even though I'm unsure there is a topic, I have to agree with Foad on Ponds. Too much watching Steph Curry. Not a good idea to try to try to imitate those 30 foot shots by Curry where he seems to flick the ball at the hoop. I have seen Ponds try this more than once. You shoot close to 40% on multiple attempts as a freshman, you shouldn't regress to 12% in conference play. That is unprecedented. Shot selection a huge problem, but even when within his range and with some time, he is misfiring in a big way. Airballs, bricks, you name it. He is 82%  from the line, so no problem there.  Marcus Hatten was not a shooter, but never shot 12% in conference play, or even close. Ponds went from pretty good accuracy to becoming Rick Ankiel. Another few bad games and he will be Steve Dalkowski.  Except for the Curry moments, I don't see a big issue with his form. All the Cluess brothers had bad form but could shoot, especially Kevin. I don't know what could be said about Reggie Miller's form. Point is that whatever Ponds did last year, he is not doing this year.

Marillac

« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2018, 01:56:21 AM »
That was fun

We did. Mullin, Berry, Wennington, Jackson, Shelton Jones, Ron Rowan. That's six on one team. I said 4-5  for Mullin to be successful due to his lack of coaching acumen.

The NBA draft was 7 rounds back then and high school players and underclassmen didn't declare. Shelton Jones played one season and Rowan played 7 games. We were also a Final Four team. 

I think Mullin would do just fine with a full roster.

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2018, 09:30:22 AM »
That was fun

Do you think we have an nba player on the current roster?
Besides Mullin and Richmond and maybe Matt, no not right now. Think Ponds if he becomes a true point guard has the potential as well as Simon if he improves his shot and tightens up his ball handling. Also think if there is an apocalypse and AliB is the last human on earth then maybe him too.

Still not sure how Matt getting free pass here. Pretty funny. He owe people money on here?