Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)

• 170 replies
Re: Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2011, 09:43:34 AM »
New member. 1958 St. John's College. SJU basketball fan since 1951 when Garden gave discount tickets to Catholic High Schools. Saw teams of '50's, 60's with Mc Intyres, Dove, Houston, etc. & many NIT championships. Was at Elite 8 when we lost to Penn in 1978-9, loss to Duke in first round on a bad cll when they went on to win it all. Final Four in '85 & Elite 8 in '99. Also at Big East when we won Campionships. Great memories. Moved to Savannah in 1969 & coached private school & YMCA basketball team who were always called the Redmen.
Did some minor scouting in Savannah for Lou & Rutledge in the old days. Original Member of Old Chieftain Club & now politically correct Red & White. Glad to be a member of the Jungle. Look forward to Coach Lavin's future victories!

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
New member. 1958 St. John's College. SJU basketball fan since 1951 when Garden gave discount tickets to Catholic High Schools. Saw teams of '50's, 60's with Mc Intyres, Dove, Houston, etc. & many NIT championships. Was at Elite 8 when we lost to Penn in 1978-9, loss to Duke in first round on a bad cll when they went on to win it all. Final Four in '85 & Elite 8 in '99. Also at Big East when we won Campionships. Great memories. Moved to Savannah in 1969 & coached private school & YMCA basketball team who were always called the Redmen.
Did some minor scouting in Savannah for Lou & Rutledge in the old days. Original Member of Old Chieftain Club & now politically correct Red & White. Glad to be a member of the Jungle. Look forward to Coach Lavin's future victories!

Welcome aboard. We overlap in following SJU basketball (the McGuires first drew me to Union Turnpike) and it's nice to see someone else here from that bygone era.

Glad to see bobre on deck as well.

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2011, 09:16:33 PM »
Hi, Bill P here. On redmen.com for years as lurker. 40+ years NY area St.John's fan.

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2011, 02:46:03 AM »
Hi...... Peter  J  from staten island......Graduate from SJU... 1962.... Have seen the best then the worst.......Looking for more of the best to come

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
Hi Redmen Fans,
 I graduated from Liberal Arts School on the Jamaica Campus way back in 59'. Played varsity baseball under Jack Kaiser, also scouted for Louie when he was an assistant coach to Joe Lapchick. Everyone of my friends know how much I love the Redmen.

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
1976 St. J. grad and season ticket holder since a freshman. Love the Johnnys but will call things as I see them. Have great hopes for the future under coach Lavs who I hope will be here for a long time. He is the first ST J coach with a national if not global vision of our program.

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
Graduated in '80 and got a Masters in '91.  Season ticket holder for 15 years before moving to Texas.  Had a glad March going to see St. Joihn's in Denver even though they lost it was the 1st game in person in almost 20 years and the 1st time my daughter got to see them in person.  Then we went to San Antonio for the SW regionals and finally to the Final Four here in Houston. 

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »
hey, new member here. ws a member over at redmen.com till they had that computer issue. Been a st.j fan for 36 years. im still down on the admin for how they handled loyal fans in the past. Gave up my tickets after 33 years because of this stupid points system that was installed. I dont even know if they are still using the points system.

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
gregbodkin here. Was on Redmen.com every day untill the shtf. Thank God for this site. I was afraid my wife was going to shoot me with my own gun! :uglystupid2: Graduated SJU '76 and a fan since '74. Season tix holder for 15 years (Section 72 @ the Garden). HUGE fan! Also Gator Football fan.

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 12:29:54 AM »
St. John's fan since the Mullin/Berry years. Not a St. John's alum but loved number 20 at a young age and got to see a Final Four when I was all of 8 years old. As most of you, I've been through all the ups and downs of the last 30 years and finally see a LARGE light at the end of the tunnel.
Some of you might remember me from the other site, but things aren't looking so hot over there, so I figured I join the site I lurk on quite often. Might be kind of quiet during the slow points of the year, but once the games get going, I'll be in the game threads.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:30:32 AM by guinness77 »

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2011, 08:02:32 AM »
89 Undergraduate, 93 Grad...I have followed St Johns since the Mullin/Berry days
Thanks Dave for doing such a great job with this site.

Happy Easter & Happy Passover to all

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2011, 09:22:01 AM »
'77 pharmacy grad. Season ticket holder since then. Section 79 at the garden, section 9 at alumni hall.

gman

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »
New to the board, but not to the SJU boards.  Mod over at redmen.com, but need a place to discuss hoops until things get fixed.  Been a fan since birth.  Both my parents went to SJU (both have undergrads and advanced degrees from SJU).  Numerous Aunts and Uncles attended the school.  Even have a former president of SJU in the family blood lines.  Our family had season tickets for over 40 years until the reign of Norm started.  Will likely be starting a new trend next year.  Long live Lavin.

sju89tr

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »
traczok from redmen.com
St Johns alum 1989
Fan since 1981 

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2011, 12:44:55 PM »
grad student in criminal justice. Grew up a few blocks from the campus and have been a fan since i was a kid

DFF6

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
1994 SJU grad from CBA (College of Business Administration).  Been a fan since the Mullin days.  This is a great site, and a great time to be a Johnnies fan! 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:35:44 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
Hi all,
82 CBA Grad - fan since the days or Gilroy, Carter, etc.  20+ year season ticket holder, until the Jarvis mess.  Coach Lavin has made it fun to be a SJU fan again..
WE ARE.....

ras

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
ras        been a big fan for 30 years. My father went to sju

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2011, 08:13:40 PM »
Law School Grad a few years ago. New to the board after redmen.com closed down.

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2011, 08:54:06 PM »
Hey I'm New Here