Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Poison

Re: around the big east
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
What position is Sampson in the league?

That's the problem I see. No 3 point shot and not big enough to bang.

Throwing a name out there
Hakim Warrick

I recall Warrick starting off slowly, but improving greatly by the end of the year. If that is who NBA scouts would compare Sampson to, then he's not going to be coming out early. He'll be a 4 year player. Hakim Warrick was a first round pick, and he stinks.

Moose

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »

Hakim Warrick

I recall Warrick starting off slowly, but improving greatly by the end of the year. If that is who NBA scouts would compare Sampson to, then he's not going to be coming out early. He'll be a 4 year player. Hakim Warrick was a first round pick, and he stinks.

Oh you and Cuse :)

I wouldnt say he stinks.  He's play over 500 games in the NBA.  Career scoring average of 9 ppg.  His first contract saw him average 4ppg, 12ppg, 11ppg and 12ppg.  Since then he's leveled off but still this is his 8th year in the NBA
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »
Let's enjoy Jakarr while we have him.  He could certainly use another year, but Moe could have too.  Let's just land Jermaine Lawrence and keep it rolling Jakarr or no Jakarr.

Poison

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »

Hakim Warrick

I wouldnt say he stinks.  He's play over 500 games in the NBA.  Career scoring average of 9 ppg.  His first contract saw him average 4ppg, 12ppg, 11ppg and 12ppg.  Since then he's leveled off but still this is his 8th year in the NBA

My only point is that if you're not a lottery pick, or a first round pick, you should stay.

Moose

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »

Hakim Warrick

My only point is that if you're not a lottery pick, or a first round pick, you should stay.

But Warrick was.

And he's made 17M.  Nice life he made for himself.  And he played 4 yrs in College

Poison

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »

Hakim Warrick

But Warrick was.

And he's made 17M.  Nice life he made for himself.  And he played 4 yrs in College

A good deal for the player, yes.

paultzman

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
Cuse nips Detroit by 4 at home.

Poison

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2012, 10:12:01 PM »

Detroit presented Boeheim w a small heart attack in honor of his 900th win.

paultzman

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »

PG Carter Williams gave him a Lord and Taylor gift bag with price tags.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:19:45 PM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »

PG Carter Williams gave him a Lord and Taylor gift bag with price tags.

Ridiculous that he wasn't suspended. If he did that here, they'd slice off his hands w a machete.

Moose

« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
We beat Detroit by 3.  So we would lose to Cuse by 1.  Right?

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »
When I left the house to watch the Jetpuke game at my father's house they were up like 15 in 2nd half. Guess they had their typical late game collapse. But Moose if you want to give me the Cuse giving only one point I will bet you one million dollars. :)

Moose

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
When I left the house to watch the Jetpuke game at my father's house they were up like 15 in 2nd half. Guess they had their typical late game collapse. But Moose if you want to give me the Cuse giving only one point I will bet you one million dollars. :)

I just love when people play the we beat School A by X and they lost to School B by Y so we would play School B to Z. :)

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »

I just love when people play the we beat School A by X and they lost to School B by Y so we would play School B to Z. :)
Talking about me Moose and the St. F game? LOL :) But your right i fell into that trap listening to a bud of mine (you know who) ;)

Moose

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »

Talking about me Moose and the St. F game? LOL :) But your right i fell into that trap listening to a bud of mine (you know who) ;)

Nah I have limited memory so don't recall you specifically saying it.  But MANY ppl do ;)

paultzman

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »
Weak opposition, but Dunn is going to help PC a lot. Cooley, I must admit, is doing a good job under tough circumstances.

“@friarblog: Friars beat Colgate 79-54. Cotton 21 points, Dunn 13 assists (new Friar assist record in debut), Henton 10 rebounds, Fortune 17 points #pcbb”

« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2012, 10:48:25 AM »
Maybe shurinaCheese has been on to something after all.  :o

MCNPA

« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »
Make no mistake, Providence is on the upswing.  They have real talent in kids like Henton, Dunn, Cotton etc.  Their problem,  much like ours, is that they are in rebuild mode.  They have several legit D1 weapons on that team though and it's a good time for  Providence resurgence with the new conference moving forward.  Providence could surprise down the stretch this season because they are getting some of that depth back.

sju89tr

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2012, 11:11:44 AM »
Make no mistake, Providence is on the upswing.  They have real talent in kids like Henton, Dunn, Cotton etc.  Their problem,  much like ours, is that they are in rebuild mode.  They have several legit D1 weapons on that team though and it's a good time for  Providence resurgence with the new conference moving forward.  Providence could surprise down the stretch this season because they are getting some of that depth back.

They are following a similar path that we are. I do think they will suffer the same problems we did in the Big East that we did last year due to a short roster. Going forward though, can't see Ledo suiting up next year. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2012, 11:18:03 AM »
Once they get Council back they will have a pretty strong 8 man rotation with 10 scholarship players in all, so they should have an easier time then we had last year in the big east schedule with the added depth. We played with 6 guys and 5 of them were freshman. They could definitely make some noise in the big east this year.