Naz Reid, C, Roselle Catholic, NJ?

• 123 replies

Wods317

Re: Naz Reid, C, Roselle Catholic, NJ?
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »
If we aren't getting him then what's the difference in not making his top 10. If we had no shot he did us a favor by allowing us to move onto other targets. I have said this a ton on this board but until you win some games I don't see how you can possibly convince a top 10 kid to come here. Winning this season is so important.

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »
We need a win here.  This is night and day from when Lavin was hauling in top recruits.  I know...he got sick so screw him.

Foad

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »
Lavin was hauling in top recruits

ICYMI

« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2017, 09:09:07 AM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_
Class of 2018 PF Nazreon Reid has cut his list down to Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Seton Hall, LSU, Rutgers, UCLA, UConn, UNC & Arizona.
Wow we aren't on it but SH and Rutgers are?

He's not going to either one of them either.  These top 10s are a joke anyway.  When someone gives you a top 10 what they really are saying is I have a top 3 and the rest I just like to see them at my games in July even though they have no shot.
Well than I guess he doesn't want to see Matt, Mo and the gang.

Brown and Reid are both going to be tough but Paultzman is right they seem to be much tighter with Moses.  Either way even if they made his top 10 I would not care much.  Top 10s are a joke, nobody believes he is seriously considering all 10.  Always wake me up when they have a top 3 or 4 and SJU is in it.

The intriguing guy on 2018 is Little.  Staff is really pushing on that kid.  Dying to see where SJU stands with him.

My nephew plays with Moses, that ship has sailed.

Wods317

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_
Class of 2018 PF Nazreon Reid has cut his list down to Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Seton Hall, LSU, Rutgers, UCLA, UConn, UNC & Arizona.

He's not going to either one of them either.  These top 10s are a joke anyway.  When someone gives you a top 10 what they really are saying is I have a top 3 and the rest I just like to see them at my games in July even though they have no shot.

Brown and Reid are both going to be tough but Paultzman is right they seem to be much tighter with Moses.  Either way even if they made his top 10 I would not care much.  Top 10s are a joke, nobody believes he is seriously considering all 10.  Always wake me up when they have a top 3 or 4 and SJU is in it.

The intriguing guy on 2018 is Little.  Staff is really pushing on that kid.  Dying to see where SJU stands with him.

Yea I think Paultz was saying we had a better shot with Naz then Moses not too long ago. We aren't getting either it seems. Time to get a couple new big man targets for '18

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 10:30:20 AM »
Mystery Grad Transfer Recruit time

paultzman

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_

Yea I think Paultz was saying we had a better shot with Naz then Moses not too long ago. We aren't getting either it seems. Time to get a couple new big man targets for '18
Actually said opposite.

Wods317

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_

Actually said opposite.

Maybe it was Braziller who said that, remember reading it. Apologies.

MCNPA

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2017, 03:17:30 PM »
More important is landing Sid Wilson.  He would have been a big pickup for the 18' class.  If we can land him a year earlier it's every bit as good.  Some ships sail... we definitely need another ace recruiter.  Look at schools like Zona that have Pasternak and Book.  That said, plenty of time to have an excellent 18' class regardless of Reid.

ras

« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2017, 05:35:24 PM »
Mystery Grad Transfer Recruit time
I'd love a grad transfer big. But would certainly take a quality big who has to sit a year.

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
More important is landing Sid Wilson.  He would have been a big pickup for the 18' class.  If we can land him a year earlier it's every bit as good.  Some ships sail... we definitely need another ace recruiter.  Look at schools like Zona that have Pasternak and Book.  That said, plenty of time to have an excellent 18' class regardless of Reid.

We had two ace recruiters in Matt and Slice, but Mullin whacked Slice and we are still paying him.

« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »

We had two ace recruiters in Matt and Slice, but Mullin whacked Slice and we are still paying him.

Ya but Matt is an alumn

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2017, 06:46:07 PM »
Your right. You should recruit for a D1 team. Just call them because you got the answers and you can help. You just got to Get top 50 talent (spread over 350 teams) but stay away from the one and dones because it will effect continuity. But those 3 star kids will take too long to develop and may leave though. So that leaves the 4 star kids. Piece of cake. Go get 'um killer.
Ya, it's an impossible job. Don't know how 8 of 10 BE teams manage to do it.

NYCoffey

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2017, 01:39:17 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/06/13/2018-big-man-naz-reid-cuts-7-schools/

Which one is not like the others

LSU?

Some girl he's acquainted with is going to LSU.  Reid's recruitment could get wacky.

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2017, 09:39:48 AM »
Writing on the wall, this kid isn't hanging around this area.

derk

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2017, 11:31:58 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/06/13/2018-big-man-naz-reid-cuts-7-schools/

Which one is not like the others

Naz is the Hall's Moses Brown. Let them have some fun

Johnny23

« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2017, 10:11:08 AM »
Naz cuts his list to 7

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Nazreon Reid jumped into the high school ranks as a well-established name and is now cemented as a five-star prospect. A relatively skilled center that can be dominant around the basket, Reid recently took the next step toward a college commitment.

Reid narrowed his college list down to a group of seven: Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Seton Hall and UCLA.

“I just feel like, at each school, I can be successful," he said. "After I leave, the fan base is still going to be there, the coaches will treat me like family, and I can come back and get my grades. Everybody treats me like family, which is a great route to have. They all have the style of play that I want.

“Eventually I will cut it down some more but that is where I am at right now.”

Reid has struck up a relationship with his travel teammate, Jahvon Quinerly, as the two have played together for a handful of years now. Kansas, UCLA, Arizona and Seton Hall can be found on each of their lists, and the idea of playing college ball together remains in mind.

“Definitely, I feel like we are one of the best duos to play AAU,” he said. “We are looking to do that, too, but if we don’t, we still are brothers and love each other.

“We talk about it all the time.”

WHAT’S NEXT?

Reid has already visited UCLA and Seton Hall in recent weeks as he has two others in mind that he would like to complete before the travel season comes around.

“Next week, I am going to try to go to LSU and the week after, I am going to Louisville,” he said.

RIVALS’ REACTION

Reid is the type of center that can play in various lineups where he can extend the defense with the perimeter jumper, is an excellent passer out of the high post and has super soft touch on the finish within the lane.

Thanks to his skillset and physical traits, Reid is one of the more college-ready players. All seven schools sit in a good spot, though LSU and Kentucky have gained the most traction of late.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-naz-reid-down-to-seven-schools-talks-recruitment