Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

pmg911

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #320 on: July 23, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »
All of the comments in here make it seem to me like he wants to leave NYC for college..

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/st-johns-basketball-recruiting/2015/7/23/9013339/rawle-alkins-recruitment-king-of-new-york

« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »
I didnt realize winning three city public school championships made you the king of anything. seems like humility could be an issue from some possible out of context quotes

paultzman

« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2015, 07:59:10 PM »
@GiveNGobball: Rawle Alkins, a class of 2016 SG playing for the NY Rens (NY), tells me he just picked up an offer from Alabama.

« Reply #323 on: August 01, 2015, 03:57:55 AM »
@Iam_RawleAlkins: Now that Live period is officially over, its time for me to cut down my list.. Will have a Top 10 REAL soon

paultzman

« Reply #324 on: August 01, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »
@AdamZagoria: 2016 G @Iam_RawleAlkins says he'll have a Top 10 "REAL soon." Will be shocked if UK, Indiana and St. John's aren't among the list.

« Reply #325 on: August 01, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but these players and their handlers who relish the attention of their recruiters annoy the hell out of me.  For some reason Alkins annoys me more then anyone.  He said he wanted an offer from SJU and then he talks about I'm already the king of NY so I don't need them, and they are far behind right now. Things like that. He's being interviewed and he does not mention  that we are one of the schools who are recruiting him.Then he complains how SJU did not recruit him.  It annoys me.  Is he trying to pick a school or is he just relishing the process to pad his ego.  If he was a young girl I could understand it.  But he's not.
  I don't want to hear how SJU does not recruit the city because traditionally the top city players go elsewhere.  Mullin was an anomaly.  Ironically they got Mark because Kenny and Pearl wanted to go away and Mark was playing third fiddle in the city.  But then he turned out to be the best in the group. But the top players don't stay home. Additionally, recruiting has totally changed so they have to look elsewhere.  If they don't land Heron, Ponds, or Alkins, they will HAVE to have a national focus because of the way summer hoops has revolutionized hoops recruiting. It has made it easier for schools across the country (the blue bloods) to recruit NYC kids. (The prep school phenomenon too, which has boosted UCONN in the Calhoun era) These factors are really what is behind this recent blue blood era. I don't want to hear anymore how we don't recruit local kids, because these kids want to go away to school.  We have dorms now, no more stipends.  We can't get them.

The point is this: Don't complain about not being recruited hard enough by certain schools.  Coaches have to spend their time judiciously, because it is limited.  If you want to pad your ego by being recruited by a school that you won't go to anyway, you are hurting these coaches and their programs by wasting their time.  That annoys me.  Control your ego.  "Finally picked up that offer that I've been wanting from St. John's" ---Rawle Alkins

« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »

« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2015, 06:49:19 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Iam_RawleAlkins/status/627603569982599169/photo/1

And there is his top 10.
Says no particular order but it appears the true heavyweights are on top.

paultzman

« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2015, 11:07:09 PM »
@ChrisFisher247: Rawle Alkins (26 points) named MVP of Adidas Nations title game after leading Team Rose to a 113-93 win over Team Wall.

« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2015, 08:57:08 PM »
Alkins 1 and done type talent?

« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:28 AM »

Talent wise I think he is 1 and done but I'm not quite sure he has the height.  I think he's listed at 6'4 but he looks a little short to me.  The way he's improved his shot is real impressive though.  He's lethal from outside now. 

« Reply #331 on: August 05, 2015, 12:33:34 AM »

Talent wise I think he is 1 and done but I'm not quite sure he has the height.  I think he's listed at 6'4 but he looks a little short to me.  The way he's improved his shot is real impressive though.  He's lethal from outside now. 
So he should stay in school until he gets taller?  ;) :)

Johnny23

« Reply #332 on: August 05, 2015, 07:15:51 AM »
He could be a 1 and done but I'll be interested to see how his power game translates at the college level. He's stronger than most HS kids so he can drive to the hoop and overpower now and does a lot of his damage that way. His height isn't an issue as he's a true 6'4. Has a shot at leaving college after 1 year but don't believe he's a lock.

« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2015, 09:19:38 AM »
He could be a 1 and done but I'll be interested to see how his power game translates at the college level. He's stronger than most HS kids so he can drive to the hoop and overpower now and does a lot of his damage that way. His height isn't an issue as he's a true 6'4. Has a shot at leaving college after 1 year but don't believe he's a lock.

I believe he is also older then most HS seniors so that helps him. Don't think one and done though.

« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2015, 10:27:03 AM »
Adam Zagoria
‏@AdamZagoria
Arizona is the latest on the @Iam_RawleAlkins Bandwagon with an offer.

« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »
Like I've been sayings lol along , got to get this kid on board

paultzman

« Reply #336 on: August 25, 2015, 09:39:58 AM »
As I and others have stated, Yakwe, Ponds & Ahmed early would be a great start. I agree that Alkins will probably go away, but if something happens in his recruitment late, we would be playing with house money. To me after nailing down the first three commitments noted, the next most important thing is to put ourselves in great position for solid 17 class.

These early commitments are so welcome & help avoid desperation.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:42:58 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »
As I and others have stated, Yakwe, Ponds & Ahmed early would be a great start. I agree that Alkins will probably go away, but if something happens in his recruitment late, we would be playing with house money. To me after nailing down the first three commitments noted, the next most important thing is to put ourselves in great position for solid 17 class.

These early commitments are so welcome & help avoid desperation.

completely agree.  as long as each year we add at least 2 new recruits that provide production in their first year, our future is bright.   

ras

« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2015, 12:22:29 PM »
i disagree. If we get the 2 recruits Paultzman mentioned, we will have a good team w depth. And players providing production their first year wont be necessary. They would have to be very good  players to get time over the players we have, assuming we get Ponds and Ahmed. That said, a blue chip recruit is always welcome, provided their heads are on straight. I think in the future were going to start getting some.

NYCoffey

« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2015, 12:38:31 PM »