Zach Brown - C - Miami, FL

• 369 replies
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:22:41 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

Re: Zach Brown - C - Miami, FL - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:10:18 PM »
Per Zach B

New St John's commit Zach Brown expected to be at Nike Skills Academy this week in Los Angeles. #sjubb

lihoop

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 03:23:55 PM »
Is he set to qualify?

Chilleb

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 05:18:05 PM »
Headed to elv8 I hear

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 08:53:10 AM »
From Nike Skills Academy last night;

Corey Evans – ‏@coreyevans_10

Zach Brown may lead the Big East in rebounds one day. Space eating big man headed to St John's cleans the glass with the best of them
9:55 PM - 26 Jul 2016
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:54:27 AM by paultzman »

QuanMan

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:41:44 AM »
It's quite possible that by the time the 2017 rankings are finalized next Spring, ZB can be our highest rated recruit since Felipe.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 11:17:59 AM »
Is he the biggest (size) top 50 recruit to have ever committed to us?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 12:02:56 PM »

I know you're of the younger generation of fans like me Mase, so these guys are before our time, but you'd have to figure this crop would be top50 centers if rankings existed-

Bill Wennington
LeRoy Ellis
Jayson Williams
Zendon Hamilton
Billy Paultz
Shawnelle Scott
Charles Mineland
Glenn Williams

But after watching tape on Zach, it's hard to imagine that he can't be the best center of recent Johnnies history (15-20 years), the recent crop-

Kyle Cuffe
Lamont Hamilton
Mohammed Diatke
Curtis Johnson
Dele Coker
Justin Burrell
Yankuba Sima

Where he stands in Johnnies history as far as all time great Centers, only time can tell. But if you watch his tape and understand his ranking, it's hard to not imagine that he'll be in the conversation.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:31:03 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

I know your of the younger generation of fans like me Mase, so these guys are before our time, but you'd have to figure this crop would be top50 centers if rankings existed-

Bill Wennington
LeRoy Ellis
Jayson Williams
Zendon Hamilton
Billy Paultz
Shawnelle Scott
Charles Mineland
Glenn Williams

But after watching tape on Zach, it's hard to imagine that he can't be the best center of recent Johnnies history (15-20 years), the recent crop-

Kyle Cuffe
Lamont Hamilton
Mohammed Diatke
Curtis Johnson
Dele Coker
Justin Burrell
Yankuba Sima

Where he stands in Johnnies history as far as all time great Centers, only time can tell. But if you watch his tape and understand his ranking, it's hard to not imagine that he'll be in the conversation.

Glenn Williams was a SG & Charles M a 6'6 PF

QuanMan

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 12:24:58 PM »

I know your of the younger generation of fans like me Mase, so these guys are before our time, but you'd have to figure this crop would be top50 centers if rankings existed-

Bill Wennington
LeRoy Ellis
Jayson Williams
Zendon Hamilton
Billy Paultz
Shawnelle Scott
Charles Mineland
Glenn Williams

Kyle Cuffe
Lamont Hamilton
Mohammed Diatke
Curtis Johnson
Dele Coker
Justin Burrell
Yankuba Sima

Glenn Williams was a SG & Charles M a 6'6 PF

Apologies on Williams, I counted Mineland bc of his rebounding prowess. I guess Reggie Jessie and Dom can be included there as well if you want to use stretch bigs.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:30:32 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 01:21:28 PM »

I know you're of the younger generation of fans like me Mase, so these guys are before our time, but you'd have to figure this crop would be top50 centers if rankings existed-

Bill Wennington
LeRoy Ellis
Jayson Williams
Zendon Hamilton
Billy Paultz
Shawnelle Scott
Charles Mineland
Glenn Williams

Kyle Cuffe
Lamont Hamilton
Mohammed Diatke
Curtis Johnson
Dele Coker
Justin Burrell
Yankuba Sima

Thanks for the reply Quan! I dont think any of those guys listed were as big as ZB with the exception of maybe Wennington.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:27:14 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 06:05:06 PM »
Thanks for the list Quan. I don't know if its worth putting Dom and Reggie Jessie in a greatest center at St Johns conversation

Sounds like a beast on the court, but thirteen months until Aug, 2017 can be a long time. Hopefully he sees the opportunities ahead of him by being exposed to these camps and clinics. Hope he stays focused on books and basketball.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »

Bill Wennington
LeRoy Ellis
Jayson Williams
Zendon Hamilton
Billy Paultz
Shawnelle Scott
Charles Mineland
Glenn Williams

Kyle Cuffe
Lamont Hamilton
Mohammed Diatke
Curtis Johnson
Dele Coker
Justin Burrell
Yankuba Sima

Half of these guys aren't centers. Some of them weren't even power forwards. To answer the question that was asked: yes, he is.

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 07:19:03 AM »
Keep in mind Brown has been idle long periods of time this year & may be rounding into shape. Hopefully he keeps things together & in two seasons is clogging the middle, clearing the boards & outletting to our quick guards. Ok to dream lol.

Corey Evans – ‏@coreyevans_10

Nick Richards and Zach Brown may have been the most productive bigs this week. Both know what has gotten them here. Assertive on the glass

hnk

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 08:31:40 AM »
Someone should try to put Amare Stoudemire and Zach together.  They have so much in common.  Florida.  Basketball. Upbringing. Jewish.  New York.

Foad

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 09:04:16 AM »
I don't know if its worth putting Dom and Reggie Jessie in a greatest center at St Johns conversation

And the Winner for Understatement of the Year goes to Braintrust, for "I don't know if its worth putting Dom and Reggie Jessie in a greatest center at St Johns conversation."

Seriously though, the name missing from that list is Paul Berwanger. And no Sean Muto? No Baldi? No Bayne? No Keita? Young people are shamefully unaware of the great history of this once proud program.

hnk

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 09:09:39 AM »
Rob Werdann?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:11:29 AM by hnk »

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 09:16:22 AM »
Bill Phillips, a seven footer
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:19:23 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
Bill Phillips, a seven footer

That was a monster team with Killer, Greg Cluess,  Tony Prince and Billy Schaeffer.  Mulzoff may not have been the greatest coach, but his teams were entertaining to watch and regularly scored 80+ ponts per game

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:29:14 AM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »
I don't know if its worth putting Dom and Reggie Jessie in a greatest center at St Johns conversation

And the Winner for Understatement of the Year goes to Braintrust, for "I don't know if its worth putting Dom and Reggie Jessie in a greatest center at St Johns conversation."

Seriously though, the name missing from that list is Paul Berwanger. And no Sean Muto? No Baldi? No Bayne? No Keita? Young people are shamefully unaware of the great history of this once proud program.

Kit Frey