Precious Achiuwa, F, St. Benedict's HS, NJ.

• 94 replies

paultzman

Re: Precious Achiuwa, F, St. Benedict's HS, NJ.
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »

Per Zags.com

"Precious Achiuwa showed why every school in America is interested in him. With fluid drives, athletic finishes, and a constantly improving skill set, Achiuwa was a mismatch every time down the floor. He looked to get teammates involved and has taken strides as a playmaker on the offensive end. His length and instincts gave St. Benedicts a much needed boost defensively in the second half.

Achiuwa most recently heard from two Pac-12 schools, receiving offers from Oregon and UCLA, and says those two schools are showing the most interest as of late. With current teammate Lester Quinones receiving an offer from St. John’s he spoke about the chance to play with Quinones, an AAU Teammate of three years, at the next level. “That’s definitely in the conversation, so we will see how that goes,” he said."

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:47:48 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:29 AM »
Allegedly waiting for a Duke offer.  And if he receives it heading to Duke.

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2017, 05:34:24 AM »
Allegedly waiting for a Duke offer.  And if he receives it heading to Duke.

That would be a bummer. Can't knock a guy for wanting to play down there, but man it would be great for him to stay home.

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2018, 02:12:05 PM »
Per Zagoria
Roy Williams in the house at Kean U for @PreciousAchiuwa

kob24

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2018, 08:32:40 PM »
Yooooo what's good pmg. Lol since omari and Justin graduated I moved on. My man kassoum is there but I haven't had a chance to watch the team. I'm gonna tell precious I don't think his game fits Duke. I only usally post when it's kids I know personally( I coached kassoum) Lester quinones is a problem also. I know Matt was looking at him. Precious  and Lester looked good today.

goredmen

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2018, 12:15:30 PM »
Has moved into top 5 of 247 rankings. If he wasn't before, he's probably too good now to still be seriously considering us at this point

https://247sports.com/Article/College-basketball-recruiting-Updating-the-2019-player-rankings-114192639

paultzman

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2018, 12:27:57 PM »
Has moved into top 5 of 247 rankings. If he wasn't before, he's probably too good now to still be seriously considering us at this point

https://247sports.com/Article/College-basketball-recruiting-Updating-the-2019-player-rankings-114192639

Kansas working hard on this one.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
I heard recently that he's not coming here. Also was told God's Gift didn't really enjoy his time here, which to me was surprising since he was on the commercials for a while.

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »
Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights – One of the highlight performances of the day was Achiuwa’s. Not only was he good, but he was really good when it mattered the most. In the middle of a big time back and forth game, it was Achiuwa who hit the biggest shot. Achiuwa nailed a pull up three at the buzzer to win it, and that was the capper of an excellent game. He showed elite athleticism on several occasions and improved skill as well. With his size and athleticism, he is definitely one of the premier prospects in the country.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Anthony-Edwards-and-Precious-Achiuwa-stole-the-show-on-Sunday-at-the-Under-Armour-Association-117828247

Johnny23

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 10:28:02 AM »
Per Rivals:

... Five-star combo forward Precious Achiuwa has been electric during the spring, well at least in spurts. It was kind of the same deal on the first day of NBPA Camp. When he played with energy, his 6-foot-9 frame, athleticism and inside/out ability made him virtually impossible to stop. He's still an elite prospect, but some others have been more consistent and could pass him in the next set of rankings. If I had to bet on his recruitment, though, I would call it a race between UConn and St. John's at this point.

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »
Per Rivals:

... Five-star combo forward Precious Achiuwa has been electric during the spring, well at least in spurts. It was kind of the same deal on the first day of NBPA Camp. When he played with energy, his 6-foot-9 frame, athleticism and inside/out ability made him virtually impossible to stop. He's still an elite prospect, but some others have been more consistent and could pass him in the next set of rankings. If I had to bet on his recruitment, though, I would call it a race between UConn and St. John's at this point.

I don't find this accurate
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »
Per Rivals:

In what respect, how he is playing or how his recruitment is going or both? Obviously we are all more interested in his recruitment and would take any inconsistencies.

Johnny23

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2018, 07:54:11 AM »
Per Rivals:

Which part?

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2018, 10:26:13 PM »
A race between UConn and St. John's. Add Kentucky, Kansas, and every blue blood in there.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2018, 11:54:24 PM »
Per Rivals:

Which part?

Gotta lock this up
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:05:02 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Johnny23

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2018, 09:26:58 AM »
Per Rivals:

Which part?

Gotta lock this up

Gotta win a lot this year to have any chance.

Johnny23

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2018, 09:27:27 AM »
A race between UConn and St. John's. Add Kentucky, Kansas, and every blue blood in there.

Gotcha. That's what I figured.

QuanMan

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2018, 04:16:31 PM »
New Rivals top 10 has Precious as the #8 player in the Class of '19. Cole Anthony #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=OUWAmgl3ek0
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »
The exodus continues- Jersey preps aren't even safe. Cringe worthy:

Adam Zagoria

Verified account

@AdamZagoria
 47m47 minutes ago
More Adam Zagoria Retweeted Adam Zagoria
2019 wing @PreciousAchiuwa will transfer to @MVABasketball from @StBenedictsNJ
Section 3
Section 116