Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY - SYRACUSE

• 231 replies
Re: Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
I'm hoping for a big roster turnover next year

IFYPFY
Thanks! Why would anyone want a last place roster back

I'll play. Who do you want to see leave, who would replace them, and how would that improve things.

All good questions, for the staff.  I'll be glad to see the seniors go. Ahmed is awful. Not a fan of Clark and his 1 rebound a game, but he's not going anywhere. Pretty sure Lovett is gone.  Rumblings about Owens moving to showcase his skills. Big programs probably already in Pinds ear. Richmond most likely gone too along with others on the staff. So next year, my guess is the starting 5 will look something like this.
Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

So by " big roster turnover" you meant that the seniors will graduate and the guy who quit the team won't return.

Owens and Shamorry

And as a St John's fan you're "hoping" that those two will leave. Nuff said.

<never mind, that was me>

Not "hoping" anything.  St. John's is in last place with them, there's only one way to go.

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »

IFYPFY

I'll play. Who do you want to see leave, who would replace them, and how would that improve things.

All good questions, for the staff.  I'll be glad to see the seniors go. Ahmed is awful. Not a fan of Clark and his 1 rebound a game, but he's not going anywhere. Pretty sure Lovett is gone.  Rumblings about Owens moving to showcase his skills. Big programs probably already in Pinds ear. Richmond most likely gone too along with others on the staff. So next year, my guess is the starting 5 will look something like this.
Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Ah yes, because of course there will only be guys leaving and no new faces coming in via transfer. It's not like we have one of the best transfer recruiters in the game or anything.

If Ponds transfers, will he have to serve that suspension for those summer games he played in last year? Still waiting for that one

Best transfer recruiters? Matt? What's he waiting for?

Foad

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02:43 PM »
Not "hoping" anything.  St. John's is in last place with them, there's only one way to go.

So you think Ponds and Owens leaving would be good for the program, because "Why would anyone want a last place roster back."

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2018, 12:06:11 PM »

So you think Ponds and Owens leaving would be good for the program, because "Why would anyone want a last place roster back."

That was a sarcastic remark. I don't really care if they come back or not, would be nice to have some upperclassmen who know how to win. But if the roster is overhauled, I'm fine with that. Give me winners with some basketball IQ
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:06:38 PM by Marco Baldi »

goredmen

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Ah yes, because of course there will only be guys leaving and no new faces coming in via transfer. It's not like we have one of the best transfer recruiters in the game or anything.

If Ponds transfers, will he have to serve that suspension for those summer games he played in last year? Still waiting for that one

3 of our starters are transfers in case you were unaware, and there are 4 in your projected starting lineup for next year. You're a special type of stupid.

But again, why would any bigtime programs take a risk on Ponds when he has a suspension cloud hanging over his head?

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2018, 12:07:52 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

3 of our starters are transfers in case you were unaware, and there are 4 in your projected starting lineup for next year. You're a special type of stupid.

But again, why would any bigtime programs take a risk on Ponds when he has a suspension cloud hanging over his head?

Exactly my point. 3 of the transfers are starters on a terrible team

goredmen

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Why would any bigtime programs take a risk on Ponds when he has a suspension cloud hanging over his head?

Foad

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2018, 12:10:01 PM »

That was a sarcastic remark. I don't really care if they come back or not, would be nice to have some upperclassmen who know how to win. But if the roster is overhauled, I'm fine with that. Give me winners with some basketball IQ

Ponds leaving would be a disaster. Owens leaving would be bad, as would recruits bolting. I'm not fine with any of that.

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Why would any bigtime programs take a risk on Ponds when he has a suspension cloud hanging over his head?

I guess the FBI only goes after relevant programs. I'm sure it's not over

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2018, 12:13:28 PM »

Ponds leaving would be a disaster. Owens leaving would be bad, as would recruits bolting. I'm not fine with any of that.

It already is a disaster. Rock bottom. Tear it down and start over. Mullin needs to start fresh, starting with the staff

goredmen

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2018, 12:16:02 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Sticking to your guns even though everybody including you knows it is 100% BS. I respect that at least

Foad

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2018, 12:21:21 PM »

It already is a disaster. Rock bottom. Tear it down and start over. Mullin needs to start fresh, starting with the staff

Yah, maybe have a rebuild every three years.

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2018, 12:24:51 PM »

Yah, maybe have a rebuild every three years.

Desperate times.

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Sticking to your guns even though everybody including you knows it is 100% BS. I respect that at least

It's almost as if he just makes things up out of thin air...

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2018, 03:46:45 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Not in public

Pete88

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Not in public

F' outta here... When has that stopped you before?  Never let a good opportunity to bury "your" team

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Not in public

F' outta here... When has that stopped you before?  Never let a good opportunity to bury "your" team

No way not public

Pete88

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2018, 04:03:52 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Not in public

No way not public

Yeah, you're right - no way - not you. 

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad3muFUM4r0
Fire Mullin.

Poison

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

So by " big roster turnover" you meant that the seniors will graduate and the guy who quit the team won't return.

Owens and Shamorry

If Ponds transfers to another school they can rip Mullin’s jersey off the wall at Carnesecca.