Mullin and Durant Have A Shooting Contest

• 9 replies

Re: Mullin and Durant Have A Shooting Contest
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »
Never a doubt coach would beat the cupcake.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »
Never a doubt coach would beat the cupcake.

Post of the year

hnk

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »
And he shot lefty.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »
This makes RFs chalkenge for his jersey number seem so ridiculous.  Just shows Mullins chillness.

Wods317

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 07:00:23 PM »
Mully still shoots the lights out. Good to see him win especially against Durant

goredmen

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 09:12:50 PM »
I'm going to preface this by saying I know this is going to sound stupid but here it goes anyway...

Obviously great for Mullin to do this but man it is annoying to me that he does something like this that would obviously be put online and reach a ton of people and all he is wearing is a plain black shirt. If he's going somewhere like that he's gotta be wearing a shirt that says ST JOHN'S UNIVERSITY or RED STORM in giant letters across his chest.

You don't see coaches like Calipari or Coach K ever not wearing their school's logo unless they absolutely have to wear something different (coaching for team USA or something along those lines).  That's because recruiting is 24/7 and they understand that.

In the grand scheme of things its obviously not a big deal, just something that seems like a no brainer to me. Nobody under the age 25 that isn't from NY really knows who Mullin is. Gotta build that SJU brand any way possible even if it's a little thing like having a logo on your shirt when Kevin Durant puts a video of you on YouTube.

Could just be he was to asked to wear that shirt for whoever was running this event, in that case then you can disregard my comments if you haven't already
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:15:24 PM by goredmen »

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 09:22:03 PM »
I'm going to preface this by saying I know this is going to sound stupid but here it goes anyway...

Obviously great for Mullin to do this but man it is annoying to me that he does something like this that would obviously be put online and reach a ton of people and all he is wearing is a plain black shirt. If he's going somewhere like that he's gotta be wearing a shirt that says ST JOHN'S UNIVERSITY or RED STORM in giant letters across his chest.

You don't see coaches like Calipari or Coach K ever not wearing their school's logo unless they absolutely have to wear something different (coaching for team USA or something along those lines).  That's because recruiting is 24/7 and they understand that.

In the grand scheme of things its obviously not a big deal, just something that seems like a no brainer to me. Nobody under the age 25 that isn't from NY really knows who Mullin is. Gotta build that SJU brand any way possible even if it's a little thing like having a logo on your shirt when Kevin Durant puts a video of you on YouTube.

Could just be he was to asked to wear that shirt for whoever was running this event, in that case then you can disregard my comments if you haven't already

Taking a second look that is a KD brand shirt. Probably was given it to wear I'd think.

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyiYuBCLTjc&feature=share

I went to sign in to post this. You beat me to it. If I worked at St. John's, I would be using this as a marketing / recruiting piece.

redslope

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »
Very enjoyable--thanks for sharing