3. Hall
4. Johnnies
5. Nova
6. Creighton
7. Butler
8. Marquette
9. GTown
10. DePaul

Educate yourself, study the incoming classes, returning classes, and debate me.

I wouldn't debate having providence 1st but maybe you should educate yourself on their current injury problem ;)

Lol yea I know about Holt Mase but he's likely back by Thanksgiving forget the BE season.
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

Re: 2017-2018 League Predictions
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »

We are grouped with DePaul and Georgetown until proven otherwise. No defense equals poor coaching. Lovett and ponds probably leave after this year . This has to be gut check time.
[/quote]

Where are Ponds and Lovett going?
[/quote]
Do you think they are back next year? Not should they be back, will they?

ras

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »

We are grouped with DePaul and Georgetown until proven otherwise. No defense equals poor coaching. Lovett and ponds probably leave after this year . This has to be gut check time.

Where are Ponds and Lovett going?
[/quote]
Do you think they are back next year? Not should they be back, will they?
[/quote] It took a lot of talking for Mullin to convince Lovett to stay this year, despite the fact that he is not NBA material. Next year, in all probability, Lovett will be gone. Ponds is a different story. I think he stays.

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 12:57:52 AM »
Hey Carmine, I've a;so heard of Patrick Swayze, Patrick Henry and St. Patrick. try to be more specific next time.

I discuss those Patricks on my Road House fan club; Daughters of the American Revolution; and IRA fansites respectively.  Here I'm struck by the fact that the two greatest players in Big East history have both started their coaching careers at rock bottom facing full out devastatingly tough rebuilds.

P.S. I'm not exactly sure what my strength as a poster is,  but I'm pretty sure that being specific with the names of basketball players is not it. 

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 12:59:13 AM »
Hey Carmine, I've a;so heard of Patrick Swayze, Patrick Henry and St. Patrick. try to be more specific next time.

You obviously haven't read enough of carmine.  He usually uses nicknames coined by him that no one else uses.  Need to have a coffee and use some brain power before breaking out the decoder and deciphering his posts.  No disrespect carmine, I enjoy your posts, just educating lingtimefan that "patrick" would be the least of his complaints if he is confused about who you are talking about !

Amen to that brother.  How you be kid?

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 01:02:44 AM »
1. Prov
2. Xavier
3. Hall
4. Johnnies
5. Nova
6. Creighton
7. Butler
8. Marquette
9. GTown
10. DePaul

Educate yourself, study the incoming classes, returning classes, and debate me.

The top of the league is never decided by incoming classes. There is no chance Providence finishes first or second. They don't have the size or experience up front, as much as I love Bullock and Holt. They have one huge frosh, but he'll take time. Holt won't even be practicing until November the earliest...so he probably won't hit stride until handful of games into the conference schedule. And their guard play is not in the top half of the league IMO. Cartwright and Lindsey couldn't hold Marco Baldi and Tha Kid to under 30 combined points. I will admit with them the whole is greater than some of its parts.

This league seems to follow coaches. McDermott, Wright, and Mack can always get it done with the right guys while Willard, Cooley, and Wojo can't seem to break through the second tier.

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 03:43:53 AM »
Jaden Daly from Daly Dose Of Hoops here...for those of you who also post on Redmen, my apologies for now having to deal with me in two different forums. For those of you who already know me, no introduction is necessary. Let's make it a great season, ladies and gentlemen.

Here's my newly posted Big East preview...feel free to share at your discretion:

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/10/previewing-2017-18-big-east-season.html

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »
Jaden Daly from Daly Dose Of Hoops here...for those of you who also post on Redmen, my apologies for now having to deal with me in two different forums. For those of you who already know me, no introduction is necessary. Let's make it a great season, ladies and gentlemen.

Here's my newly posted Big East preview...feel free to share at your discretion:

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/10/previewing-2017-18-big-east-season.html

You have Creighton too low. McDermott has never had so many top 100 recruits at Creighton, and that doesn't even include all-league players Thomas and Foster or Tony Hegner, who started at center for two years before Patton came in last year. If Kaleb Joseph is for real, they will be a top 20 team all year. I don't see any way they miss the dance.

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »
http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/10/2017-18-big-east-award-predictions.html

Great job. Only thing that pisses me off is a redshirt getting freshman of the year. Donte will be a 1st teamer