Thoughts on the scrimmage

• 62 replies

Marillac

Re: Thoughts on the scrimmage
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 03:55:15 PM »
Trimble looked like he has a solid
The board is eerily quiet for an opening night. I know you can't tell much from a scrimmage -- and this was loose even compared to normal scrimmages -- but here are some thoughts:

Simon looks freakishly athletic and  very strong finishing. He's a big kid and listed at 215 on the roster. When you take those extra 20 lbs into account, he's knocking on Dom's door athletically. Also nice to see was how he crashed the glass for finishes.

Ahmed is the only guy who can really dance on the roster. Beyond that, he looked more explosive than last year and finished some really strong dunks. His movement was more efficient as well.  If he can put it together as many JuCos do year two, that would be a huge boost.

T.O.'s body is disappointing. He's listed at just 205. It's inexcusable for him to be less than 225 this year. Any other major program would have had him near 240 by now. 

We have a lot of lefties.

Simon seemed happy to defer PG duties in the half court as expected.

Clark's outside shot looks nice for a big man. I would be surprised to see him around 40% if he limits his shots to 3-4 open looks a game.

Two years ago Lovett was faster than anyone I've ever seen compared to the rest of the players on the floor...last year he just looked quick...this year he didn't stand out at all. I take that as a sign that the athletic ability around him as improved significantly.

Simon looks insane athletically and physically. Can see his vision over the top is really there and his rebound and go opportunities will be huge. Clark can have freedom to shoot some
3’s as long as he’s physical on defense and hunts down boards.

Owens will never be a big guy but you can see some more muscle in his arms and I’m hinesrlt not worried about him getting man handled in the post. He’s easily our best option at center and would love to see him get over 25 min a game.

Ponds is a clown. An extremely talented clown. 20 ppg.

We are gonna shoot so many threes it will be gross.

Like Syracuse gross? But will they go in?

How about the other frosh, Trimble?

Trimble looked like he had a pretty good stroke but it’s a low release. While his strength will help him in some regard and is certainly a nice contrast to our guards last year, I think he’s a bit out of shape and will struggle with quickness both staying and front and geting by defenders.

His stroke is really low and his release points are inconsistent, but he's good at getting his feet set and under him and he seems to have a good touch. I don't see 220 lbs...that seems crazy to me at just 6'3. He's in a really good spot as the lone freshman given his physicality IF he becomes a shutdown defender.

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 06:19:30 PM »
More unnecessary embarrassment for this program and school . Apparently more embarrassing news coming soon...stay tuned

ras

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »
More unnecessary embarrassment for this program and school . Apparently more embarrassing news coming soon...stay tuned
Do tell.

goredmen

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 06:46:14 PM »
Do tell.

He won't

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 07:03:09 PM »
Do tell.

He won't

I can't

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 07:06:31 PM »
So sick of Baldi's endless bullshit. Doesn't Iona have a site? Go there and leave us alone.

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 07:07:36 PM »
So sick of Baldi's endless bullshit. Doesn't Iona have a site? Go there and leave us alone.

Need a safe space?

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 07:16:51 PM »
Your routine is exhausting. If you know something, say it. You hint at shit like a junior high girl.

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »
We always know bad news is on the way. It's who were are and what we do.  ::)

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
Your routine is exhausting. If you know something, say it. You hint at shit like a junior high girl.

I always post what I got, as I did with Ponds a few weeks back. I was told it's multiple things, which we will know soon enough I would guess. Once I get more specifics, I'll be sure to let you know.

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »
Don't recall what you posted on Ponds, other than suggesting he watch what he posts on his social media pages which all I saw was his posting of playing pickup ball w/ Melo and some pics with some hot chick.

Is your new info related to Ponds or something else?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:12:47 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »
Do tell.

He won't

I can't

Sure you're can.  Just don't reveal your sources. 

On the real, Baldi....  You won't reveal it because it probably won't come to fruition, and it'll create an out for you, if don't reveal it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:29:14 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »
Do tell.

He won't

I can't

Sure you're can.  Just don't reveal your sources. 

On the real, Baldi....  You won't reveal it because it probably won't come to fruition, and it'll create an out for you, if don't reveal it.

No, I'm saying I don't know what it is yet. Only was told it was multiple things.

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2017, 08:57:17 PM »
Don't recall what you posted on Ponds, other than suggesting he watch what he posts on his social media pages which all I saw was his posting of playing pickup ball w/ Melo and some pics with some hot chick.

Is your new info related to Ponds or something else?

He's posted a few things that are better left off social media.

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
Baldi Source: Hey Baldi, bet you'll love to know there is embarassing news to surface for SJU

Baldi: Of course I would

Baldi Source: It's multiple embarrasing things.

Baldi:  Even better

Baldi Source:   I can't tell you what it is though... because it's all too embarrasing

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »
Baldi Source: Hey Baldi, bet you'll love to know there is embarassing news to surface for SJU

Baldi: Of course I would

Baldi Source: It's multiple embarrasing things.

Baldi:  Even better

Baldi Source:   I can't tell you what it is though... because it's all too embarrasing

LOL
See you soon

Poison

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 12:12:23 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/TorchSports/status/919010329060872193/photo/1

Torch Sports

@TorchSports

12h

BREAKING: Rapper Dave East tells students at St. John's Tip Off to "put up the middle finger for Donald Trump," students emphatically cheer.

View details ·   

Torch Sports

@TorchSportsReplying to @TorchSports

Students responded to East by displaying the vulgar symbol, at which point East says "keep them up there."pic.twitter.com/CRFEkOa6

As a result of this, 4 blue collar losers will not pay for season tickets this season. Instead, they will spend their money where it is appreciated.

But it shouldn't take a away the fact that it was a great moment of unity at St.John's and reflected the feelings of an America that will be there when Trump is sentenced.
Can you guys discuss this some where else?

This happened on our basketball court, so no. Why don't you take some pride in the St.John's  student body? At least they're passionate about something that will make the University look better than anything they've done lately. Let's hope the students can use their hatred for that POS and apply it towards emphatically supporting the team.

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 12:31:41 AM »

Torch Sports

@TorchSports

12h

BREAKING: Rapper Dave East tells students at St. John's Tip Off to "put up the middle finger for Donald Trump," students emphatically cheer.

View details ·   

Torch Sports

Students responded to East by displaying the vulgar symbol, at which point East says "keep them up there."pic.twitter.com/CRFEkOa6

As a result of this, 4 blue collar losers will not pay for season tickets this season. Instead, they will spend their money where it is appreciated.

But it shouldn't take a away the fact that it was a great moment of unity at St.John's and reflected the feelings of an America that will be there when Trump is sentenced.

This happened on our basketball court, so no. Why don't you take some pride in the St.John's  student body? At least they're passionate about something that will make the University look better than anything they've done lately. Let's hope the students can use their hatred for that POS and apply it towards emphatically supporting the team.

Take pride? You're such a sleazy invertebrate.

Poison

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2017, 08:03:00 AM »

Torch Sports

@TorchSports

12h

View details ·   

Torch Sports

Take pride? You're such a sleazy invertebrate.

Don't be such a snowflake. Hurry up Florida. It's almost time for dinner.

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2017, 10:03:55 AM »
The board is eerily quiet for an opening night. I know you can't tell much from a scrimmage -- and this was loose even compared to normal scrimmages -- but here are some thoughts:

Simon looks freakishly athletic and  very strong finishing. He's a big kid and listed at 215 on the roster. When you take those extra 20 lbs into account, he's knocking on Dom's door athletically. Also nice to see was how he crashed the glass for finishes.

Ahmed is the only guy who can really dance on the roster. Beyond that, he looked more explosive than last year and finished some really strong dunks. His movement was more efficient as well.  If he can put it together as many JuCos do year two, that would be a huge boost.

T.O.'s body is disappointing. He's listed at just 205. It's inexcusable for him to be less than 225 this year. Any other major program would have had him near 240 by now. 

We have a lot of lefties.

Simon seemed happy to defer PG duties in the half court as expected.

Clark's outside shot looks nice for a big man. I would be surprised to see him around 40% if he limits his shots to 3-4 open looks a game.

Two years ago Lovett was faster than anyone I've ever seen compared to the rest of the players on the floor...last year he just looked quick...this year he didn't stand out at all. I take that as a sign that the athletic ability around him as improved significantly.
Back to basketball.   Yakwe looks to be much improved and much more confident.  Here's hoping he takes this to actual games.  Amir also looks much better...Everyone played ole defense out there...so who knows?  I'm praying Ponds doesn't launch half court bricks during games.  Undisciplined.  Clark/Simon look like the real deal.  Same with Trimble.  Again, this team will have to play defense.  It does us no good to score 90+ points a game when we're giving up 100.