If Lovett misses rest of season or significant time......

• 122 replies
Re: If Lovett misses rest of season or significant time......
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2018, 03:30:54 PM »
Also if this is the case, it shows what kind of program Mullin is running.   One that is too Nba centric with the “ all about me” mindset.

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
So are we to the point where we know he could be playing right now but choosing not to for individual reasons?

Per Paultz's response (and what I've been sensing) that sounds like the scenario.

I don't like making those assumptions/thinking the worst. But that definitely changes my perception of him and the situation if that's what is actually happening.

pmg911

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2018, 11:51:33 AM »

You really are ONE BIG SWINGING DICK.

That's what she said. 

Marco - WOW - you got TIS to post something on here - impressive - it was his first post in over 2 years..  LOL

paultzman

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
Per Zach B
St. John's guard Marcus LoVett (knee) didn't practice today, per source. #sjubb. His absence will continue.

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
He's done.  If I was a betting man, he will never play again for SJU.

QuanMan

« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2018, 02:41:02 PM »
I've seen some posters mention the Nova game as the goal for months. Why didn't Zach ask CM how his meeting with the team doctor's went? He was supposed to speak with them after the DePaul nightmare.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »
It does seem to be going that way. If he is really healthy and intends to play somewhere professionally next year how can this be helping him? Not sure why he would perceive this to be to his benefit.

« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2018, 03:09:30 PM »
I've seen some posters mention the Nova game as the goal for months. Why didn't Zach ask CM how his meeting with the team doctor's went? He was supposed to speak with them after the DePaul nightmare.
He did. The doctors said Marcus who?

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2018, 03:10:03 PM »
Per Zach B
St. John's guard Marcus LoVett (knee) didn't practice today, per source. #sjubb. His absence will continue.
AND THE BEAT GOES ON

Foad

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2018, 09:31:53 AM »

You really are ONE BIG SWINGING DICK.

That's what she said. 

Marco - WOW - you got TIS to post something on here - impressive - it was his first post in over 2 years..  LOL

Poor TIS, I drove him completely mad you know. Mad mad mad. He was forced to retire from moderating and thereafter faced several years of intensive counseling.  Glad to see he's finally back on his feet.

paultzman

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2018, 10:48:35 AM »
Per Zach B

St John’s guard Marcus LoVett had another MRI this weekend, per source, and saw doctor again yesterday. Nothing has changed with original prognosis. He can practice when he feels up to it, which has yet to happen. #sjubb

Issue clearly is ML does not feel he is ready, right or wrong. Staff very frustrated  I would say, but nothing they can do
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:50:02 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »
Per Zach B

St John’s guard Marcus LoVett had another MRI this weekend, per source, and saw doctor again yesterday. Nothing has changed with original prognosis. He can practice when he feels up to it, which has yet to happen. #sjubb

Issue clearly is ML does not feel he is ready, right or wrong. Staff very frustrated  I would say, but nothing they can do

Crazy. Anyone here think we would be looking 0-5 in the face?

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2018, 01:38:58 PM »
If MRI is negative and doctors say he can at least attempt to practice and assess the post practice response, and he continually refuses, they should consider pulling scholarship or at least not traveling w/ team, unless he is committed to returning to school next year and not playing us.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:04:29 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2018, 02:52:56 PM »
If MRI is negative and doctors say he can at least attempt to practice and assess the post practice response, and he continually refuses, they should consider pulling scholarship or at least not traveling w/ team, unless he is committed to returning to school next year and not playing us.

One of the Boo Harvey's on these boards mentioned on Redmen about how Darryl Hill was cleared to play on his knee. How did he look? Again do not see any reasonable reason for him to refuse to play if not hurt.

paultzman

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
I’ve asked to speak to Marcus LoVett about knee injury, but St Johns hasn’t made him available. His father hasn’t returned several messages. #sjubb. It’s an odd situation.

Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
He sprained his knee on Nov 26. Still isn’t practicing. He tells coaching staff he “feels good.” #sjubb.  And yet there has been zero movement on his day-to-day status.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:13:59 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2018, 04:02:51 PM »
Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
I’ve asked to speak to Marcus LoVett about knee injury, but St Johns hasn’t made him available. His father hasn’t returned several messages. #sjubb. It’s an odd situation.

Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
He sprained his knee on Nov 26. Still isn’t practicing. He tells coaching staff he “feels good.” #sjubb.  And yet there has been zero movement on his day-to-day status.

Honestly at the beginning of this, I just assumed based off his past and things people have told me he was secretly suspended for missing practice or class. Guess that is not the case but at least that makes sense.

Poison

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2018, 04:25:40 PM »
I don’t follow this. Something is missing. LoVett says he feels good, but not good enough to play? Which is it?

goredmen

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2018, 04:31:35 PM »
Could be an agent has gotten his claws into Lovett or his dad and is convincing them to keep the kid off the court

Johnny23

« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »
Something definitely going on behind the scenes. Shame.

« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2018, 04:38:03 PM »
In fairness Jerry Seinfeld used this strategy when he "chose not to run". It worked for him. Maybe he is giving Lovett advice.