Georgetown Game 1

• 229 replies
Re: Georgetown Game 1
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2018, 11:57:44 PM »
Sat right behind Gtown bench. Herb Williams and Allan Houston were in my way a little bit but had nice view. Some random thoughts.
-Other than Ponds and or Simon driving the ball or Clark wide open with his feet set, what is a good shot for us?
-Refs sucked
-Feel bad for Ponds, he played really hard. Best defense he has played in 2 years.  Fun to watch and threw some nice passes his teammates weren't ready for. Seemed to give up on those long threes. 
-Herb and Houston look exactly the same. Wennington and Ewing have aged poorly.
The two big things I noticed.
I am a big Mullin fan. Ewing commands the huddle way more in his first season then Mullin has in 3. In fact at one point after watching Ewing during a TO I looked down to ST John's bench and Mullin wasn't even in the huddle Looked like they boxed him out. Bad optics. 
St John's has terrible cheerleaders!!!
Nice observations. Maybe Mullin wasn't in the huddle because he was scanning the crowd looking for his biggest fan-you.  ;) :)

« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »
http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/010918aaa.html

Wow. “Not surprised nor upset by 0-5 start.”
Still don’t understand why no one in these pressers asks if he has put  an APB out on Ponds’ jumper.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:08:51 AM by section3 »

« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2018, 12:31:05 AM »
Sat right behind Gtown bench. Herb Williams and Allan Houston were in my way a little bit but had nice view. Some random thoughts.
-Other than Ponds and or Simon driving the ball or Clark wide open with his feet set, what is a good shot for us?
-Refs sucked
-Feel bad for Ponds, he played really hard. Best defense he has played in 2 years.  Fun to watch and threw some nice passes his teammates weren't ready for. Seemed to give up on those long threes. 
-Herb and Houston look exactly the same. Wennington and Ewing have aged poorly.
The two big things I noticed.
I am a big Mullin fan. Ewing commands the huddle way more in his first season then Mullin has in 3. In fact at one point after watching Ewing during a TO I looked down to ST John's bench and Mullin wasn't even in the huddle Looked like they boxed him out. Bad optics. 
St John's has terrible cheerleaders!!!
Nice observations. Maybe Mullin wasn't in the huddle because he was scanning the crowd looking for his biggest fan-you.  ;) :)

I was a kid of the 80's.
Chris Mullin, Walter Berry, Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Bernard King, Heather Thomas(Way better than Locklear), Kathy Ireland, Christie Brinkley, Superfly Snuka, Miami Vice, The Police, Bruce and Run DMC.
I am loyal to my favorites. If any one of them were coaching ST John's I would want them to succeed.

One more observation. Marcus was wearing an ugly shirt. If he is not going to play anymore he needs top dress better.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:31:46 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2018, 01:31:23 AM »
Wouldn't bet the kids College fund we win 1.
Drunk? Or hate coach ?

Neither. Feel bad for Mullin and my seat was at end of row so hard to get up, only had 2 beers.
What game would you bet your savings we win? Not saying we won't win 2 or 3. Just saying there is not a game I would feel overly confident about.

Truth is DePaul and G-Town was our most winnable games, both being picked 9th & 10th in the league and bother being in our house. These 2 were our best chances at W's.  Sorry, but i could see us going 0 for.

Marillac

« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2018, 02:46:39 AM »
Trimble 3-4 from 3, rest of team 1-16. What happened to the good shooting team we were supposed to have and yet Mullin green lights everyone from 3.  ::)

One thing for sure is Shamorie Ponds is a long way from being an elite guard.  That is back to back games he has missed critical free throws and his 3pt shooting has been poor for someone who is supposed to be an all league caliber guard.

Damn, he was the only reason we had a shot the last 5 minutes of that game. And he should have been at the ft line with a chance to tie it.

Tough to do all game but him and Simon driving the ball is our offense

I can't hate on the kid when he plays within his abilities. He has stopped dribbling the ball completely inside the FT line and he can cover the absurd distance with his long legs, long arms, and hops. He kind of reminds me of the Greek Freak.

« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2018, 07:49:47 AM »
Although not a complete solution to the depth problem, having Sid Wilson as a starter or at least first off the bench would have really helped.

Foad

« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2018, 12:17:00 PM »
St John's Georgetown recap: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2018, 12:24:29 PM »
Although not a complete solution to the depth problem, having Sid Wilson as a starter or at least first off the bench would have really helped.

He didn't want to be here to begin with, the recruitment was a waste and whether it happened in the summer or later this year it was inevitable he was leaving.  That is 100% on the staff.  They recruited him knowing he personally did not want to be in NYC.

They recruited Zach Brown and passed on Hasahn French.  100% on them.  They get paid to make these decisions, they made them.  Their bed to sleep in not mine.

Again Chris says this is going to turn, I'll sit an wait.  But this is 100% on him.  His entire reputation is riding on this.  If he flames out he is going to make himself and Looie  and his alma mater look really bad.  That is why I am not totally giving up.  I gotta believe he is dying inside and wants this to turn around.

But right now, the results are not good.

« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2018, 12:28:38 PM »
St John's Georgetown recap: http://www.bigeastboards.com/
As was the case with the team one of your weaker efforts.  :(