LoVett Done For Season

• 181 replies

Moose

Re: LoVett Done For Season
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »
How does Matt fill the scholarship?  I haven't looked, but most of the 4* and 5* are gone by now.  Might find a 3*.  Does SJU grab a 5th year guy?  any transfer would have to sit out which would mean the kid we grabbed from Sacred Heart would play a lot of minutes next year. 

Man, is sucks to be a fan of this team...
How does Matt fill the scholarship?  I haven't looked, but most of the 4* and 5* are gone by now.  Might find a 3*.  Does SJU grab a 5th year guy?  any transfer would have to sit out which would mean the kid we grabbed from Sacred Heart would play a lot of minutes next year. 

Man, is sucks to be a fan of this team...

Easy:  Markquis Nowell.   https://youtu.be/sVXv1VEKJjc

Give him 15 mpg at point and bring some structure to the team.

It looks like the staff is not recruiting him.
Correct

He must be a regular kid therefore staff won't recruit him
Remember who broke the Slice news

QuanMan

« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2018, 04:56:42 PM »
@MarleyPaul22
 18h18 hours ago
More
Chris Mullin said Marcus LoVett in on campus, still rehabbing. Team came to the city a few days early so he wasn’t in attendance today. #sjubb

This is the most puzzling quote yet.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2018, 06:29:44 PM »
@MarleyPaul22
 18h18 hours ago
More
Chris Mullin said Marcus LoVett in on campus, still rehabbing. Team came to the city a few days early so he wasn’t in attendance today. #sjubb

Yeah guess it's very hard for a 22 year old man to get from Queens to Manhattan on his own. Probably didn't want to face the music from people over shutting it down early.

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »

pmg911

« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2018, 09:49:19 AM »
@MarleyPaul22
 18h18 hours ago
More

I don't find this quote confusing...

I think a lot of people are/were speculating that the kid was protecting himself in hopes of leaving for a professional contract. If he was that intent on leaving, why keep going to class.? Maybe he is just hedging himself to protect any college eligibility.

cjfish

« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
No League, not Turkey, New Zealand or China, is going to give a contract to a 6 ft guard with a history of season-ending injuries who has played only 1 of the last 3 years.  He  is going to class because he will be back next year and because he probably wants an education.   

pmg911

« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2018, 01:38:37 PM »
No League, not Turkey, New Zealand or China, is going to give a contract to a 6 ft guard with a history of season-ending injuries who has played only 1 of the last 3 years.  He  is going to class because he will be back next year and because he probably wants an education.   

Do you really think this kid is remotely concerned with his education outside of his eligibility providing an outlet for him to play basketball.?

cjfish

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2018, 02:44:17 PM »
He is 22 not 18 and he may be thinking that if this hoop thing doesn't work out I will need to make a living and the piece of paper will help.  A 22 year old starts to think a bit more maturely.  Apparently he is going to classes. 

« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2018, 03:34:30 PM »
He is 22 not 18 and he may be thinking that if this hoop thing doesn't work out I will need to make a living and the piece of paper will help.  A 22 year old starts to think a bit more maturely.  Apparently he is going to classes. 

Lovett coming back would be tremendous.  Lovett,Ponds, Simon,Owens at the 4 and Keita. Dixon, Trimble,Clark off the bench. I'll run with that.  Drop the zeros on the staff, Matic and Matt.

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2018, 03:41:04 PM »

Lovett coming back would be tremendous.  Lovett,Ponds, Simon,Owens at the 4 and Keita. Dixon, Trimble,Clark off the bench. I'll run with that.  Drop the zeros on the staff, Matic and Matt.

Better chance the real Marco Baldi shows up on campus next year.

« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2018, 03:56:53 PM »

Whatdo you disagree with?

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2018, 04:13:25 PM »

That Lovett ever plays for us again or that anyone ever sees him in Queens again after this year.

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »
Agree that we never see him again.

No one here should be surprised that he couldn't make it through this season. Hurling yourself to the floor after every shot is not conducive to making it through a college season, let alone what it bodes for a longer pro season.

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2018, 04:35:36 PM »

That Lovett ever plays for us again or that anyone ever sees him in Queens again after this year.

Ok so  say Lovett leaves. What now? Right now, Mullin needs to focus on Owens, make him a believer. He and his old man. Ahmed is gone, thank Christ.

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2018, 04:37:17 PM »

Ok so  say Lovett leaves. What now? Right now, Mullin needs to focus on Owens, make him a believer. He and his old man. Ahmed is gone, thank Christ.

If being a believer means he gets to shoot 15 times a game, he can go do that at Iona

« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2018, 04:43:09 PM »

If being a believer means he gets to shoot 15 times a game, he can go do that at Iona

He would be welcome

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2018, 05:15:41 PM »
Huge embarrassment St Johns alumnus are here. The face of the program,...

goredmen

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2018, 05:39:07 PM »

Are these just random words put together in an attempt to form a coherent thought?

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2018, 05:45:19 PM »

Are these just random words put together in an attempt to form a coherent thought?

Imagine if Mullin went to Duke?  What would St Johns be

goredmen

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »

Imagine if Mullin went to Duke?  What would St Johns be

I'm just confused how you went from Tariq Owens would be welcome to Iona to some sort of sentence about embarrassment and SJU alumnus that didn't make sense.