Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?

• 779 replies
Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2018, 12:11:56 PM »
Your punk ass attempt to hide, but I'm very well aware.  Besides, in my initial post to your pussy ass, I said the "majority."  But, nicely of you to parse words, douche.

You're, silly.

Papers, grades, lethargy, hack, simp, punk.

This board has slipped into the Titanic right when they realized there was not enough life boats mode

« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2018, 12:49:04 PM »
Literally what do we have to offer any incoming recruit that can top anything Georgetown has to offer, from education, to facilities, to recent history of success?

The best fan base in the world.

Can always go the Louisville route and get some strippers. Probably would have to import them from someplace other than Queens though.

Pittsburgh didn't go so well with that idea

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2018, 12:50:36 PM »
8-35 and counting for ole Mully. On a positive note we have to be the best 0-7 team in the history of the Big East conference.

« Reply #463 on: January 18, 2018, 12:57:08 PM »
Literally what do we have to offer any incoming recruit that can top anything Georgetown has to offer, from education, to facilities, to recent history of success?

The best fan base in the world.

Can always go the Louisville route and get some strippers. Probably would have to import them from someplace other than Queens though.

Pittsburgh didn't go so well with that idea

Well if you don't pay them........

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #464 on: January 20, 2018, 02:36:07 PM »
When I started this thread I wanted him fired, but understood if they brought him back next year for a 4th year. After this game I can't see how they bring this joke back. He is clueless, and it's officially become completely embarrassing for the school, and program. I hope Chris does the right thing and steps down after this year.

« Reply #465 on: January 20, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
Maybe he does need to go.

« Reply #466 on: January 20, 2018, 02:41:00 PM »
When I started this thread I wanted him fired, but understood if they brought him back next year for a 4th year. After this game I can't see how they bring this joke back. He is clueless, and it's officially become completely embarrassing for the school, and program. I hope Chris does the right thing and steps down after this year.

They don't even know how to teach a zone.  They wear the kids out, and they're gassed as hell at the end of games.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2018, 02:47:40 PM »
I understand that if he leaves we will probably lose a ton of players, and recruits including maybe Ponds, and will be absolutely horrible next year no matter who is hired to take his place. But at this point it's pretty obvious we're just wasting our time by allowing this failed experiment to continue. Might as well cut your losses, and find someone who is at least competent to lead the program going forward.

« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »
Maybe he does need to go.
He has assembled a pretty good roster for next year that a competent coach could do well with. If he steps down and we appoint a good coach maybe we can keep most on board.

« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2018, 02:49:57 PM »
I understand that if he leaves we will probably lose a ton of players, and recruits including maybe Ponds, and will be absolutely horrible next year no matter who is hired to take his place. But at this point it's pretty obvious we're just wasting our time by allowing this failed experiment to continue. Might as well cut your losses, and find someone who is at least competent to lead the program going forward.

Depends on who you hire, and you may be able to retain most of the team and many, if not all, of the newcomers.

Johnny23

« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
Just watch any good or even halfway decent coach and you'll see how active they are communicating with their team during the game. Then watch Mullin and only an idiot would say it's not on the coaching staff. It begins and ends there with this team.

Johnny23

« Reply #471 on: January 20, 2018, 02:53:53 PM »
The only way Mullin makes this thing work is if he brings a top asst coach or two in the offseason. Otherwise 0% chance he succeeds. I'd much rather a real HC come in here and coach kids up then this unrealized potential.

TONYD3

« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
The only way Mullin makes this thing work is if he brings a top asst coach or two in the offseason. Otherwise 0% chance he succeeds. I'd much rather a real HC come in here and coach kids up then this unrealized potential.
Modest change= same shit

Johnny23

« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2018, 03:15:16 PM »
Modest change= same shit

Yeah the likelihood of that happening is really low I agree. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Our best bet would be him stepping down, hiring a real HC and keeping most of the incoming class. Unfortunately this is also an unlikely scenario. 

Dan

« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2018, 03:17:58 PM »
How can you keep a coach when he may very well win 0 BE games in year 3?

« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »
Imo, if Mullin keeps this staff in tact next year, and it doesn’t work out, he will step away after year 4. I don’t think he brings in a real staff if he isn’t in it for long haul.  I also believe he’s going to lose some guys again which will play big part in what he does after next year as well.

« Reply #476 on: January 20, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »

It's cheaper that way

Dan

« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »

We are absolutely horrible this year.  So what, they lose more nonconference games and still lose every BE game?  Means nothing.

Poison

« Reply #478 on: January 23, 2018, 12:27:00 AM »
Fair write up by Zach Braziller. He mentioned Eddie Jordan as a comparison. I remember thinking the same thing when Mullin was hired. Credit to Zach. Eddie Jordan is an excellent comparison. Rutgers moves on after 3 years.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/22/the-weaknesses-pushing-chris-mullin-further-toward-hot-seat/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Poison

« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2018, 12:29:39 AM »

Because Chris Mullin is the only 3 time BE POY.