GUNS

• 4 replies

pmg911

GUNS
« on: November 05, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »
What is it going to take for our politicians to finally tackle gun problems in America.?

Why does any citizen need an automatic weapon..?

I am not for taking guns out of the hands of the citizens but things are getting out of control, something needs to be done.

Re: GUNS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 05:33:24 PM »
What is it going to take for our politicians to finally tackle gun problems in America.?

Why does any citizen need an automatic weapon..?

I am not for taking guns out of the hands of the citizens but things are getting out of control, something needs to be done.

You just reminded me, I need to get to the range and practice as I'm in the process of getting a concealed permit in VA.  But yes, true automatics are generally not necessary.  Unless you encounter a totalitarian government that's been taken over by its military, and the military is exerting its muscle and influence over a country.  Then automatic/semi-automatic weapons might come in handy for lots of militias to better organize a resistance.  This is what I was told by some 70+ year old family members (uncles, cousins) who are military vets, and current/former NYers
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:34:05 PM by bball purist »

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »
Change might happen if shootings start occurring at the elite private schools where politicians send their kids. But even then, I'm not too sure.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »
Change might happen if shootings start occurring at the elite private schools where politicians send their kids. But even then, I'm not too sure.
If the campaign donations keep flowing I doubt even that would do it then unfortunately

bk8664

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 12:23:02 AM »
In my opinion, the problem with trying come up with a solution with guns is that it is such an ideological hot topic.   Thought leaders just dig in on both sides and don't want to give in an inch.   

People just aren't practical at all about this topic.  If we stuck a couple of regular folks together that were pragmatists, I'm sure they could up with a solution that gun owners wouldn't feel their rights weren't infringed on, but still make society as a whole safer.     

But it'll never happen - it's because the idealists just dig in.  People aren't practical when it comes to this topic.  It's really a shame they can't negotiate this out.