Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY

• 169 replies

paultzman

Re: Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2016, 09:40:02 AM »
NY RENS G Jordan Tucker (@Therealjtucks): 19 PTS, 8 REB, 4 AST in a win over RM5 Elite @RENSHoops d1circuit.com/game/show/1372…

@D1Circuit

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2016, 10:19:30 PM »
Tucker on his recent IU visit:

Tucker visited Indiana on Monday and said this about his interest level in IU:

“It’s very high. I like Tom Crean a lot. I could see myself in an Indiana uniform.”

IU has been recruiting Tucker for a while, and he said he has built a relationship with Crean and IU assistant coach Chuck Martin, who is from New York.

“They’ve been recruiting me hard. Chuck Martin, he’s a New York guy. He’s been coming to Stepinac a lot. I’ve developed a good relationship with him the past year and half, since my sophomore year.

Tucker said Syracuse, Villanova, Oklahoma, USC, Arizona and other Pac-12, Big East and ACC schools are up there with IU as far as schools recruiting him hard.

He said St. John’s is probably recruiting him the hardest. “They see me almost every week, and they’re on the phone all the time,” he said.

Tucker said he’s been talking to Maryland about doing an in-home visit sometime soon.

https://indiana.n.rivals.com/news/top-50-prospect-jordan-tucker-says-his-interest-in-iu-is-very-high-

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »
Too bad Chuck Martin couldn't do squat for us when he was an assistant here...

Moose

« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2016, 07:52:44 AM »
Too bad Chuck Martin couldn't do squat for us when he was an assistant here...

Selling Norm Roberts and a team coming out of Pitt-Gate and selling Tom Crean are a wee bit different.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »
Hear this kid has a lot of Mookie Jones in him

goredmen

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2016, 09:55:15 PM »

So he'll disappear from the basketball earth as soon as he steps foot in college?

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2016, 09:57:59 PM »

So he'll disappear from the basketball earth as soon as he steps foot in college?

I guess that depends on choice of school

pmg911

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »

What exactly does that mean..?

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2016, 09:42:05 AM »

What exactly does that mean..?

I guess that he would get lost in bigger conferences

QuanMan

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »
If Amar stays and a 5th year transfer doesn't come aboard over the next few months, meaning we only have one 2017 scholarship, I'm going on record that I don't want JT to be the lone addition. I'd look elsewhere, especially when Rich and Bash should trump JT as a freshman. Nice size and potential but I'm turned off by his early character traits. He's only 16 going on 17, so the immaturity is understandable, but I don't like JT's attitude, selfishness, and body language at Stepinac. His younger teammate Hyatt however, now that's a kid I want in this program.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:33:56 AM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »
If Amar stays and a 5th year transfer doesn't come aboard over the next few months, meaning we only have one 2017 scholarship, I'm going on record that I don't want JT to be the lone addition. I'd look elsewhere, especially when Rich and Bash should trump JT as a freshman. Nice size and potential but I'm turned off by his early character traits. He's only 16 going on 17, so the immaturity is understandable, but I don't like JT's attitude, selfishness, and body language at Stepinac. His younger teammate Hyatt however, now that's a kid I want in this program.

If amar stays we have no current scholly for 17 class
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2016, 02:57:38 PM »

Darien Williams and CJ's scholarships are being used already?
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2016, 05:29:06 PM »
They will find a way to get a scholarship

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »

CJ yes and Darien is still on scholarship with eligibility through 17 class. Of course staff can make room and of course some kids might leave. I have no problem with Amar staying at SJU. I just wonder what the alternatives were and what those alternatives may have thought.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »
They will find a way to get a scholarship

Wasn't Amar supposed to be that way?

paultzman

« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2016, 07:45:05 AM »

CJ yes and Darien is still on scholarship with eligibility through 17 class. Of course staff can make room and of course some kids might leave. I have no problem with Amar staying at SJU. I just wonder what the alternatives were and what those alternatives may have thought.

They thought Livingston was very certain to come, it did not work out & felt the player to approach about staying, for whatever reason, was Amar. Just my read.

derk

« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2016, 11:31:50 AM »

They thought Livingston was very certain to come, it did not work out & felt the player to approach about staying, for whatever reason, was Amar. Just my read.

Do we know yet if it was admin not approving of the kids background or the kid choosing another school ?