Moses Brown - C - Archbishop Molloy (NY)

• 166 replies
Re: Moses Brown - C - Archbishop Molloy (NY)
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2017, 10:53:22 AM »
He does mention us and I find it interesting that he brought us up...which could be taken as a positive but he also said we don't really compare to the Dukes and Kentuckys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTdghsT7BTY

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »
New Heights center Moses Brown tells me that he wants to commit by the end of the live period. He has an unofficial visit to UCLA Monday

https://twitter.com/JacobPolacheck/status/868923657153687552

This would mean he wants to be committed by end of July....

« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
Bad news for us or no?

« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2017, 07:37:46 PM »
Bad news for us or no?

I don't think he actually means this.  Put it to you another way, I don't think Brown will be committed by end of July.

paultzman

« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2017, 07:50:39 PM »
Hear Duke is in very good shape with Brown.

wpc77

« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2017, 07:55:32 PM »

Need to wrap up Muhammad before ND does and before bigger programs come calling. 

Foad

« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2017, 09:19:45 PM »

Who's dook not in very good shape with?

paultzman

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2017, 08:15:34 AM »
Brown has visited the campuses of Maryland, Connecticut and St. John's and discussed those visits.

Maryland: "It was good. They didn't play such a good team so at first the gym wasn't even packed. But then like two minutes later it was standing room only. That's the type of crowd I want to go to."

UConn: "They talk a lot about development. They usually have a good team and they've had some pros."

St. John's: "That's the hometown team. They feel like I could be the man in New York City. They say a lot of top 10 type talent tends to leave their hometown but they feel like I could stay home and make a name for myself in my own city."

Among the many other programs involved are Kansas, Duke, Arizona, Kentucky, Minnesota, Georgetown and Florida. Brown isn't yet sure on when he'll look to make a decision, but he would like to cut things down before his senior year starts.

"It will probably be late summer after the live period when I cut things down," said Brown. "Right now I'm just focused on playing.

https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/869077636311601153

Obviously not deciding after July recruiting period ends, just cutting list down.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:37:12 AM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2017, 11:46:02 AM »
A puncher's chance...  I'll take it.  He should have a good team around him here, and has friends on the team.  Maybe this is the one to turn the tide...  fingers crossed.

QuanMan

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2017, 11:56:08 AM »
This most recent video was very interesting and the and quotes above are intriguing as well. I never thought that he was a possibility but you can tell that he is liking the staff's pitch. He repeats 'hometown' twice in the video and in the quote above, we're on his mind.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2017, 12:18:33 PM »
This most recent video was very interesting and the and quotes above are intriguing as well. I never thought that he was a possibility but you can tell that he is liking the staff's pitch. He repeats 'hometown' twice in the video and in the quote above, we're on his mind.
Are you an FBI profiler by trade?  ;) :)

« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2017, 12:29:41 PM »
Call me insane, but I'm not super high on Moses. . Seems like staff wants to be more of a run and gun team. Moses doesn't strike me as a player that fits that scheme. Yeah his size would help on boards, but we have a few athletic guys in that 6'5" - 6'8" range who are capable of rebounding at a high level and can get up and down the floor in a flash.

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2017, 12:30:06 PM »
Are you an FBI profiler by trade?  ;) :)

Or, a psychologist.   :) 

Frankly, I'd take what Brown said, in regards to "hometown," with a grain of salt.  If we make his final two list, then things could get quite interesting.

« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »
we have a few athletic guys in that 6'5" - 6'8" range who are capable of rebounding at a high level and can get up and down the floor in a flash.

That's the problem, as we didn't rebound at a high level, though.  Getting up and down the floor quickly is all well and good, as long as you have players who know how to play the game.  But, that's even better if you're in a track meet.

Brown may not be a necessity to some fans, but garnering his services could be more of a "feather in the cap" scenario for those particular fans and even for the staff.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:47:44 PM by mjdinkins »

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2017, 04:33:50 PM »
Call me insane, but I'm not super high on Moses. . Seems like staff wants to be more of a run and gun team. Moses doesn't strike me as a player that fits that scheme. Yeah his size would help on boards, but we have a few athletic guys in that 6'5" - 6'8" range who are capable of rebounding at a high level and can get up and down the floor in a flash.

I'll take any top 10ish talent regardless of whether they are a fit or not. We aren't Kentucky can't pick and choose just gotta get good players when we can.

MCNPA

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2017, 05:43:28 PM »
The kid is 7'1" and mobile.  He can certainly get up and down the court fast enough.  Uconn won multiple national championships with big centers who weren't as good as Moses, and they still played fast-paced ball.  He'd be difficult to stop if the rest of the team is as fast and athletic as it is now. 

« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2017, 06:18:16 PM »

I'll take any top 10ish talent regardless of whether they are a fit or not. We aren't Kentucky can't pick and choose just gotta get good players when we can.

I guess I should have worded that differently. My point is that I wouldn't be too stressed if we didn't land Moses. There are other targets that I would rather see in red who I feel like fit into our style. . 

With that being said, if he chose us I wouldn't chase him off campus.

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »

I guess I should have worded that differently. My point is that I wouldn't be too stressed if we didn't land Moses. There are other targets that I would rather see in red who I feel like fit into our style. . 

pretty good recovery but I'll go with your first suggestion and call you insane.  ;) :)

MCNPA

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2017, 06:54:15 PM »
Yeah, it's difficult to replace top 10 7'1" kids from NYC.  Maybe it should become our style, because our "style" seems to be losing...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:54:55 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2017, 07:03:08 PM »

pretty good recovery but I'll go with your first suggestion and call you insane.  ;) :)

Fair